It's Friday, But Sunday's Comin'

It's Friday, But Sunday's Comin'

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Author Tony Campolo has a reputation for delivering a profound message with sharp wit, unbridled passion, and complete honesty. This classic book, expanded from the film of the same title, brings you face to face with Dr. Campolo to hear just such a message: an unashamed proclamation that the Gospel of Christ, when taken seriously, is able to meet every human need-the need

Published August 1st 1987 by W Publishing Group (first published December 28th 1984)

Molly
Mr. Campolo has been called a lot of things during his lifetime. For me, there are several words-but Inspiring and Amazing are two of them.

His sense of humor can engage even the most serious person. His heartfelt stories can bring them to tears. His hope for the future and christianity-inspiring.

This book came with an audio cd that mirrors the book and was about 45 minutes long. It didn't feel like it took much more than that to read because his writing style is very engaging.

This book will make...more
Hien  Nguyen, Minh
This book is packed with exceptional humor and insights on Jesus and the human needs. I actually bought the book, but just for reference only, because I listened to the audio of the book several times when I need encouragement and courage to move on.

Yes, lots of witty humor to make the points but the insights are deep intellectual stuffs.

The audio is available for free at:
Rachel
I've had this book for ages and finally read it and it's better than the title. I could see it particularly being good for Christian high school youth. I appreciated that in a book of kind of general discipleship that there's a chapter about social justice and the poor.
Ashton Reynolds
A really good and inspiring book, with a very pragmatic look at how Jesus works in our lives. Really good for college students, its better than most of the rediculous stuff christian writers write for college students.
Pam Sarver
Always love to know what Tony Campolo has to say.
Shawn
Shawn added it
Jul 21, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jaywant Michael
Jaywant Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
May 14, 2014
Rosemarie Jolley
Rosemarie Jolley marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Tpie
Tpie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Andrew Rocha
Andrew Rocha marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Steve Beilharz
Steve Beilharz marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Rose Lambert
Rose Lambert marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Gary Boschee
Gary Boschee is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2013
Josh Collins
Josh Collins marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Brian H
Brian H marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Adventures in Missing the Point Red Letter Christians: A Christian's Guide to Faith and Politics, a Citizen's Guide to Faith and Politics Speaking My Mind: The Radical Evangelical Prophet Tackles the Tough Issues Christians Are Afraid to Face Letters To A Young Evangelical Let Me Tell You A Story Life Lessons From Unexpected Places And Unlikely People