Start by marking “Double Jeopardy (Tweed & Co. #1)” as Want to Read:
Double Jeopardy (Tweed & Co. #1)

Double Jeopardy (Tweed & Co. #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  351 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A British secret agent is found murdered on Lake Konstanz in Bavaria, with a neo-Nazi sign carved on his back. However, was it the Nazis, or was it the Russians attempting to discredit them? Caught between them, British agent Martel must discover the truth, before he too becomes a victim.
Published August 1st 1983 by MacMillan General Books (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Double Jeopardy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Jeopardy

Taruia

I really should make this comment about all the Colin Forbes books I have read (and I am pretty sure I have read them all). All are very easy to read but the plot is far fetched and every book has the word diabolical used a diabolical number of times. And every second one has a blonde girl wearing a green dress with gold belt and another with a blue dress and pussy bow. Mark my words. Read them all and prove me wrong :)
Jack Sakalauskas
A story of European intelligence in the 1980's. The assignation of a world leader is in the mix, and the race is on to stop the assassin. It is not a complex story and the second half is fast passed.
Nichola
I have a weakness for Tweed & Co, and it is nice to see where he comes from. But this is definitely not my favourite.
Peter
A very good read, really like this author.
William
great spybook
Richard
Unfortunately, this review is over a week after finishing it and my main recollection was there were too many characters in a good plot which made it difficult to follow, particularly after leaving the book alone for a few hours.

My first read of this author. It has not put me off and I look forward to his second book.
David
Dec 09, 2012 David added it
A perfect book for armchair detectives.
Four polictical figures, four guardians. One of the former is to be assasinated by one of the latter, but who is the target and who is the rat?
Suresh Vijendran
This being the first book on Tweed and Co. It doesn't have the usual character set, but it has laid the foundation of having multiple suspects and a fast pace.
Carmen
Though read it a long time ago I remember the thrilling moments this book offered. Colin Forbes indeed.
melissa hurst
melissa hurst marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Gail Wilson
Gail Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Neelambari Patil
Neelambari Patil marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Harleigh Almazien
Harleigh Almazien marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Ndii
Ndii marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Vinoy Dalal
Vinoy Dalal marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Michael Gower
Michael Gower is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2015
Markel
Markel added it
Jul 27, 2015
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Flemming
Flemming marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Spy/Spec Ops Group: Colin Forbes SAS series 4 16 Feb 02, 2015 09:59AM
  • At Close Quarters
  • Wolf Winter
  • The Enemy
  • The Bormann Testament (Paul Chavasse #1)
  • Trial Run
  • The Revolt Of Gunner Asch
  • Bloody Passage
  • Days of Atonement (Hanno Stiffeniis, #2)
  • A Little White Death (Inspector Troy, #3)
Raymond Harold Sawkins was a British novelist, who mainly published under the pseudonym Colin Forbes, but also as Richard Raine, Jay Bernard and Harold English. He only published three of his first books under his own name.Sawkins wrote over 40 books, mostly as Colin Forbes. He was most famous for his long-running series of thriller novels in which the principal character is Tweed, Deputy Director ...more
More about Colin Forbes...

Tweed & Co. (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Terminal (Tweed & Co. #2)
  • Cover Story (Tweed & Co. #3)
  • Janus Man (Tweed & Co. #4)
  • Deadlock
  • The Greek Key (Tweed & Co. #6)
  • Shockwave (Tweed & Co. #7)
  • Whirlpool (Tweed & Co. #8)
  • By Stealth (Tweed & Co. #9)
  • Cross Of Fire (Tweed & Co. #10)
  • The Power (Tweed & Co. #11)
Terminal (Tweed & Co. #2) Shockwave (Tweed & Co. #7) Janus Man (Tweed & Co. #4) The Stockholm Syndicate Sinister Tide (Tweed & Co. #17)