SEAL of My Dreams

SEAL of My Dreams (Hold Trilogy #3.5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,197 ratings  ·  168 reviews
True heroes who will win your heart.
Honor, duty, courage, passion . . . the men of the Navy SEALs are a special breed of hero, and in these stories by eighteen top romance authors the SEALs are celebrated not only as symbols of devoted service to their country but as the kind of man every woman wants to love. They'll rescue a damsel in distress and her lap dog, too. They'...more
Published November 11th 2011 by Bell Bridge Books

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Note - All proceeds from the sales of this anthology have been pledged to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit foundation supporting veterans medical research.

I ’m going to be honest here; SEAL of My Dreams is one of only two anthologies of which I’ve actually read every single story in the book, and certainly my favorite anthology of the two. With this collection I've discovered new authors, revisited favorites and enjoyed every minute of it! Some of the stories were a little emotio...more
Auntee
Nov 07, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of military romance
Well I tried, and I almost made it. But after reading 14 out of the eighteen stories in this Navy SEAL romance anthology, my heart just wasn't in it anymore. The stories were starting to sound the same and were losing their impact for me. And that's not fair to the authors, or to me as a reader. So I decided to take a break and pick up the missing stories at a future date. Most of them were quite good, but there were a few "forgettable" ones. Nothing awful, mind you, just a few that I already ha...more
Crystal~BIG book addict~
This book....

This is a book full of short stories about Navy SEALs by a bunch of really great authors. The stories are heartwarming and full of romance and just make you feel good.

The best part about buying this book, in my opinion, is that all proceeds go to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit foundation supporting veterans medical research. It was money well spent.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Tate, Dan & Hunter
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."
- Thucydides quotes (ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404 B.C.)

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death."
- by Omar Bradley -

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
- by Bertrand Russell -

Overall rating 4 stars.

America is in love with the Navy SEALs. I was wondering what's wrong here? Think...more
Jill
[image error]

"The cover model is the real deal, an active-duty SEAL at the time this picture was taken"

The U.S. Navy's Sea, Air and Land teams or SEALS are one of the world's elite Special Forces. SEALs have a number of mottos -

Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit
The only easy day was yesterday
It Pays to be a Winner

This anthology has a total of eighteen short stories by some of the best and most popular writers of romance. All profits from sales go to the Veterans' Research Corporation for...more
Wendy
Photobucket

"The Only Easy Day was Yesterday"

Coming Home Jamie Alden

SEALed by Fate Marliss Melton

Sig...more
Dee
Cindy Gerard's SEALed With A Kiss only

Haven't got the chance to read any of the other stories at the moment but will come back to it and read the rest in the near future.

I really like Cindy Gerard and of course I love all of her BOI characters so it was nice to catch up with Doc & Val. At the end of his story in the BOI series we obviously see Doc & Val get their HEA but this takes it a little further in that they are married and on holiday/honeymoon. Because of the limited amount of p...more
Jae
description

Just WOW! Totally blown away and a little overwhelmed with the depth of impact the SEALs made on their loved ones. And whoever the man in the photo was, the scar on his back just says it all.

-those who make the ultimate sacrifices to guard our very existence.

Quinn
SEAL of my Dreams is that very rare breed of anthology where every story is actually good. Really good.

I finally pulled this one out of the virtual pile thinking that it might be a good refresher for between books – one short from SEAL of my Dreams for each novel read. Well, that didn’t work. At all. I ended up reading this one cover to cover and was still left wanting more.

SEAL of my Dreams has something for everyone. Laughter, tears, suspense and everything in between, and above all, great rom...more
Laura the Highland Hussy

I don’t know if you’ve heard of this anthology or not, but all proceeds from sales of SEAL of My Dreams go to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans' medical research. How wonderful a concept? And that cover? Yep, a real Navy SEAL, you may even recognize that photo from the newspaper or internet.
Almost all of these authors were new to me, and I really had a good time reading this anthology.

I was a little reluctant to pick...more
Readersentertainment
When you think about real heroes, not the ones with super-powers and capes who fly about compromising the plots of ugly villains but genuine and honest human beings who fight to uphold the values we hold dear, what comes to mind? Some of you might think of the police officers who work in the streets day and night, providing us with a certain measure of security, while others may be reminded of those who respond to emergency situations, like firefighters and paramedics. How many of you are remind...more
Amber
Coming Home by Jami Alden - 4 stars
A cute story about a SEAL returning home to his childhood girlfriend. There were only slight stirrings of angst and sexiness, nothing deep or mindblowing here. I like this author's suspense series, but this was rather forgettable.

Baby I’m Back by Stephanie Bond - 4 stars
I didn't love the characters or the story in this one, but I did love the depth of the characters. They were three-dimensional and interesting. An injured SEAL returns home to the girl he used t...more
Joanne
I am pleased to say that not only is this book for such a good cause, I found it difficult to put down. I had planned to read one or two stories a night but found once I had started I just had to keep going. The stories range from heartwarming to thought provoking; it makes you realize what a great job these guys do under the most difficult circumstances. The stories take you through a whole range of emotions from laughter to tears.

This is a collection of well written stories from both authors...more
Dannielle
What an awesome anthology! And for an even greater cause.

This book has a little bit of everything. Every story has a Navy SEAL and a lady for him. But other than that these stories cover a broad spectrum. Some are still active duty on a mission, others are retired or honorably discharged trying to get back to civilian life. A couple also focus on combat dogs. And of course a few are really emotional and bring out the waterworks.

If you love romance and hot SEALS then this book is for you. Every...more
FicTalk Blog
This compilation of SEAL stories just brought me to tears, especially the last one, which made me sob and sob and sob.

All these stories were beautifully done. They really showcased how hard it is to be a SEAL, how hard it is to sacrifice your family, love, and life for your country. This novella really did a great service to the many men and women in uniform.

I definitely recommend people to go out there and show your support by buying yourself a copy of this book.

It's for a very worthy cause.

Thi...more
Josephine
Dec 13, 2012 Josephine marked it as to-read
I liked all the little shorts. It got right to the heart. It would of been a fast read, but I was reading 3 other books also.

Lisa
This book is a book put together by almost 20 authors. They all donated their efforts for free for a cause they feel is worthy. Some from what i read at the end of the book have family members in the military or previous military. You don't need a military connection though to want to support Veterans and our nations soldiers. If you're out today and see a veteran be sure to say thank you for their service. Tell them you appreciate them. Just say hello! As a veteran myself I was touched that a g...more
Melindeeloo
Change of pace for me and yet not - no fur or fangs but real life alpha males. In honor of Veteran's Day, this collection offers 18 stories by some pretty well known authors and all the proceeds go to a good cause - Veteran's medical Research. As someone pointed out, at 380 print pages, each author doesn't get very much space to tell a story but a few of the stories were decent short story length and even those that were really short were long enough to get the job done. There were less stories...more
Ronna
3.5 stars with a round up for the Veteran's charitable cause this book benefits

I am admittedly a sucker for Navy SEAL stories, and this collection of short stories is exactly what I expected them to be. Each story is about Navy SEALs saving the day while falling deeply in love with the person they rescued who in turn falls for them (how can they not - yowsah!) and all with a happy ending. The stories all have a little cheesy romance, Harlequin-like slant, with some stories better than others, bu...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Cute short military romance stories and all in a worthy cause. Great for downloading to your phone and reading when you have a few spare minutes during the day when you're out and about.
Emily
"A beautiful anthology written with amazing tributes to our soldiers."

Full review on Single Titles
Alicia
Wow, it's unusual to read an anthology and enjoy every single story within it. Well done ladies.
The_Book_Queen
The reivew that follows is a partial review--to view the full text, please visit:

SEAL of My Dreams is an anthology full of best-selling and well known contemporary romance authors, with the theme for every story being the brave Navy SEAL man and the woman he loves. The premise for both the anthology and the individual stories is very promising. However, the execution falls a bit short and leaves the reader wanting.

Even if it wasn't for the fact that this...more
SheLove2Read
All proceeds from the sale of SEAL of My Dreams go to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans' medical research. If that's not enough reason in itself to purchase this wonderful collection of stories, let me tell you more.

These are men who literally lay their lives on the line for you and me each and every day. Their families never know where they are or when they will be back or even IF they will be back. Having served in the US Navy myself, I can tell you that w...more
Calisto
Nov 12, 2011 Calisto rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of SEALs
What's not to love about hot Navy SEALs?

COMING HOME by Jami Alden (3)
Nick comes home for his mother's funeral and runs into the girl of his dreams...and the one that broke his heart.

BABY I'M BACK by Stephanie Bond (4)
Barry is back home doing a favor for a friend and ends up doing physical therapy with the girl he went to high school with. - I will definitely pick up the others in this series. -

SEALed FATES by Kylie Brant (4)
Cort is a former SEAL home just in time to help old friend Emma keep he...more
Anna-Novelbroads.com
The United States Navy SEALS are one of the elite groups of military, turning each man and woman into a fine tuned soldier that can do the jobs no other men and women can do. This anthology gives credit to each and every one of those men and women and others from all of the other branches of military who fight each and every day for the freedom of our country. The proceeds from this book go directly to Veterans Research Corporation a non-profit foundation supporting veterans medical research. A...more
Rhonda
Seal of My Dreams is an Anthologies with contributers : Jami Alden, Stephanie Bond,Kylie Brant, Helen Brenna, HelenKay Dimon, Cindy Gerard, Tara Janzen,Leslie Kelly, Elle Kennedy, Alison Kent, Jo Leigh,Gennita Low, Marliss Melton ,Christie Ridgway, Barbara Samuel, Roxanne St. Claire, Stephanie Tyler and Loreth Anne White.
All the procedes go to Veterans Research Corporation.
The stories are all different with Seals as the main character some are still in the service and others are dealing with inj...more
Ren
3 and half stars

Read Indonesian's review here : Ren's Little Corner

Win this from blog As The Page Turn

This anthology is a collection of story about NAVY SEALs, both retired and still on mission. For a complete rundown, you can read UniquelyMoi Dhestiny's review here : http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

My short opinion and brief synopsis:

- Foreword from Robyn Carr
Yes, just a foreword. But a good ones, LOL! I hope she write the story too :)

- Coming Home by Jami Alden
Umm, this one have p...more
Chris
Description courtesy of Goodreads

Honor, duty, courage, passion . . . the men of the Navy SEALs are a special breed of hero, and in these novellas by eighteen top romance authors the SEALs are celebrated not only as symbols of devoted service to their country but as the kind of men every woman wants to love. They’ll rescue a damsel in distress and her lap dog, too. They’ll battle hometown dramas and international bad guys. When it comes to giving away their hearts, they’ll risk everything.

All pro...more
Nicole
Part 1 of my review is located here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/11/09/...
Part 2 is located here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/11/11/...

Publisher: Bell Bridge
Publish Date: November 11th
How I got this book: NetGalley

Everyone here knows what a sucker I am for a great romantic suspense book, especially if the hero is a sexy military man in uniform! When I saw the details for the SEAL of my Dreams anthology, I couldn’t wait to dive right in. Before going through the first few stories, I want to...more
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops, #7)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (Includes: ACRO, #1.5)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Fatal Heat: A Navy SEAL Novella
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Deadly Promises (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #4.5)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • A Clockwork Christmas
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.
More about Robyn Carr...
Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)

“Here's what we're gonna do. You're going to give me that doubt. You're just going to hand it to me, and I'm going to hold it for you. I'm going to keep it for as long as you need me to. For the rest of our lives. I will be your safe place. The place you get to be soft. Right here, just like this. When you leave my arms, you leave whole. Because you already are.
You're not broken sweetie, you're human. You're incredibly strong. You're a wonder. You'll return to your team as the warrior you've always been. And you'll know that at any time, you can come to me, and you'll know mt arms are strong enough." Sigh”
4 likes