Start by marking “Deep Cover” as Want to Read:
Deep Cover

Sandra Orchard

Deep Cover

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Maintaining his cover cost undercover cop Rick Gray the woman he loved. Sweet Ginny Bryson never really knew Rick--he never gave her the chance. Not then, and not now, when he's back with a new alias to gather evidence against Ginny's uncle. The man's crimes led to Rick's partner's death, and Rick wants justice to be served. But his investigation is stirring up trouble, an

Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Cover

Andi
My rating is a 5-star. I'm not sure why it's showing as 2.

Rarely do I pick up a book to help myself relax before bed, only to see the breaking of day before I even put it down again. Deep Cover, the breakout novel by Canadian author, Sandra Orchard, was one such book to snag me in the middle of the short lived night.

Deep Cover surrounds the boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl, boy-meets-girl-while-he’s-pretending-to-be-somebody-else scenario that catches you from the very beginning. Rick Gray is an u...more
Vicki Mccollum
Deep Cover is a great read. I love the male lead, Rick Gray. He's a
"real manly man with a sensitive heart." He has such integrity (even though he lives a lie) as he works so hard to take down the arsonist (working undercover, even from Ginny) and save the lives of those he loves, especially Ginny Bryson, who he has fallen in love with.

Sandra's fiction strong points: Characterization-her characters are multi-layered, good people who love the Lord, but struggling with hurts and secrets from thei...more
Lisa Jamieson
Sandra released her first novel in September and I wish I could tell the world to go buy it. (Actually, I blogged about it at http://walkrightinministries.blogspot... so that's my best attempt at "telling the world!")

Deep Cover is only Sandra’s first novel. Her publisher has already purchased two more — with one scheduled for release in March 2012 and the third shortly after that. Such a commitment to a writer speaks volumes of their confidence in her talent and messages!

I could hardly put Deep...more
Christine Lindsay
Just finished Deep Cover, and really loved it. What a fast-paced, exciting, romantic story and awesome, fresh writing,

The story opens with the crack of a wooden beam and the hero, Rick Gray, dropping ten feet to the floor. The plot continues with the pace of a bullet, only slowing down for some really sweet and tender romance.

Rick Gray can’t tell Ginny Bryson that he’s really an undercover cop and is acting as her uncle’s foreman only to reveal some nasty things about her family. Ginny wants t...more
Judy
Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard ISBN-978-0-373-44459-5

Rick Gray had met the love of his life, until his profession came between them. Fifteen months ago he had lost Ginny Bryson. Ginny left him believing he was a gang member and he did not stop her, it was safer for her not to be around him. Now his job brought him back into contact with her again. As Duke Black he was now a foreman for her Uncle Emile Laud, the man they hoped to prove was a killer. Rick is an undercover cop, and Ginny says she wou...more
Linda
Rick Gray, aka Duke Black, is an undercover cop trying to bring down the man responsible for his partner’s fiery death. Little does he know that he will run into his old girlfriend in the process.

Ginny Bryson is the niece of Emile Laud, the man Duke is trying to catch and bring to justice, and Rick’s old girlfriend that he left fifteen months ago because he thought he needed to protect her. Little did he know the pain he caused when he walked out of her life so abruptly.

In Deep Cover, by Sandra...more
Janet Sketchley
Ginny Bryson’s time—and salary—go to support her dying mother and her special-needs sister, Lori. When she takes on the public-relations role for her uncle’s new group home project that will house Lori, the last person she expects to meet is Rick Gray, the man who deceived her and broke her heart.

Rick isn’t even going by his own name now. He calls himself Duke Black and he’s the construction foreman at the group home building site.

What she doesn’t know is that Rick’s an undercover cop. He let he...more
Rhonda
I liked it the bad guys lost and the lost got help.
Rick or Duke was undercover working construction on a group home. When he had a accident and found someone had cut the beams. His bossLaud. pulled him up.
Rick thought Laud had some of his business burned up for insurance money and his old partner Tom was killed in the last fire with two others.
Laud got his niece to do publicity for him but Duke knew her when he was on another case as Rick working with gang members and he broke off with her when...more
Wendy Sparkes
What are you doing here?

Ginny Bryson cannot believe her eyes. What on earth is her former boyfriend Rick Gray, now going by the name of Duke Black, doing here? He lied to her once – it seems like he’s still lying. Yet Rick only asks for a chance to start over. His tenderness to her & his gentleness to her mentally challenged sister softens her heart. But can she truly trust him?

As an undercover cop, Rick Gray couldn’t tell Ginny the truth about why a gang member had approached them & spo...more
Laurie
Deep Cover is an inspirational/spiritual based book, something I would not normally read, but it was written better than I expected & only occasionally seemed a little bit too "preachy" for me. Sandra Orchard can write a good story with characters you can empathize with. It is the first book in the Undercover Cops series of suspense based inspirational romances published by Harlequin.
Eileen Astels
For a true romance reader, Deep Cover strikes a wonderful balance of suspense and romance. Between rooting for love to win and striving for justice to prevail you'll not want to say goodbye to these relatable characters. A great realistic suspense and a wonderful romance that is not without it's trials, keeping the pages turning at full throttle.
Cathy Beckett
Story line was good but predictable. In my opinion Ginny was a judgmental fool who needed a major attitude adjustment. Rick was a an undercover cop who has gotten lost in all the lies he has to tell in order to do his job. The story got a little preachy at times and this made the story hard to get into.
Cathy
Good character development and believable plot. Without giving the plot away, I will say, I am always a little suspect when people are supposed to be blind to the people closest to them and/or be willing to have their eyes opened by a stranger. But the book is done well.
Amy
Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard is a good short read. It was packed with mystery and adventure. I didn't like how it jumped around from scene to scene. Had a hard time keeping at times. But I did enjoy reading it. Looking forward to more from this author.
Betti
Very well written. The characters were well developed and the story line kept me guessing right up till the end! The romance between the two main characters left you wondering if they were ever going to learn to trust each other. A keeper!
Janice L Dick
Excellent book. Very tight writing. All the essential elements of fiction are present and very well implemented. I look forward to more in the series.
Mary
Lots of conflict in story, several characters to keep up with, good character descriptions, of, course great ending....He conquers!
Jill
Good book, but it started losing my attention near the end. It was like she had to meet a length requirement or something- imo
Marris
I didn't really love the main female character, but other than that, it was pretty good!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance
John Hanscom
OK story, but far to "preachy" at the end.
Jessica Nelson
Good, involving mystery.
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Coffee52
Coffee52 marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Autumn Council
Autumn Council marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
I live in rural Ontario with my real-life hero husband, college-age children, and a young husky with a fetish for rubber boots and remote controls.

Although I taught high school math before starting my family, my childhood dream of becoming a writer never strayed far from my thoughts. I dabbled in writing how-to articles and book reviews, but for many years, needlecrafts, painting, and renovating...more
More about Sandra Orchard...
Deadly Devotion (Port Aster Secrets, #1) Blind Trust Critical Condition Shades of Truth Fatal Inheritance