Start by marking “Daughters Of The South Wind” as Want to Read:
Daughters Of The South Wind

Daughters Of The South Wind (McCleod Daughters #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Like fairytale sisters, the three McCleod girls were beautiful, virtuous and bound to a dream--the dream of finding a new life in the West. But their story was no fairytale; for their father died on the trail and they were stranded, without money or means to go on. So, Tamsen McCleod became "Poppy Franklin," one of the girls at the cantina, to get the money to take her and...more

To ask other readers questions about Daughters Of The South Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughters Of The South Wind

Lyn Johanson
Got my hands on an old, battered book; started reading just to shorten my hours on a train, and the hours just vanished. I loved this book so much, I know I'm going to re-read it sometime in the near future.
Marla Rosenberger
Read this memorable series probably in the 1980's finding it (the series and all of its books) so wonderful that all these year later I recalled the authors name and the titles! The characters were well developed through the series as they matured and aged from young girls left on their own, to young women faced with some horrors of being without male protection, to young marrieds, young mothers, grandmothers, and matriarchs with extended families of their own. This is a great series that I woul...more
Betsy
Let me point out that I read this in high school and liked it so much that I bought its sequels. I still own the book, but I haven't opened it in years. Perhaps I should do a reread and see if I still like it as much.
Elentarri
I inherited the first 5 books of this "series" from my aunt. This is one of the few romance stories/series that I liked. Well written and not too soppy. The characters actually have character!
Kellie Hogue
i read these stories years age and fell in love with the charachters,the theme and of course,the ending .this is one of my favorite book series of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobbie
Loved it, full of stories within stories. Made me not want to put it down. Cannt wait to start the next book by Aola in this series.
Tamsen
My namesake.
Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Diane Lynn
Diane Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Tweety
Tweety marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Dorcas
Dorcas marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Alexsander
Alexsander marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Lynda Van
Lynda Van marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Sandi
Sandi added it
Jun 15, 2014
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Diane Flor
Diane Flor marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Rlw
Rlw marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
aka Kitt Brown

Married to New Mexico State Senator William Vandergriff. She wrote over 2,000 short stories, novels and poetry.

More about Aola Vandergriff...
Daughters of the Wild Country Daughters of the Far Island Daughters of the Misty Isles Daughters of the Opal Skies Daughters of the Shining City