Start by marking “Romancing Lady Cecily (Romancing, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Romancing Lady Cecily (Romancing, #0.5)

Romancing Lady Cecily (Romancing 0.5)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Follow acclaimed author Ashley March, who was praised by Booklist for her “elegant writing [and] sizzling sexual chemistry,” into the world of Victorian romance, where Lady Cecily Bishop—promised by her parents to a stranger—must fend off the seductive games and heady caresses of Baron Sedgwick….a task that becomes more difficult with each soul-searing kiss.
Published August 1st 2011 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Lady Cecily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Lady Cecily

willaful
I feel bad about disliking this short story so much, because I loved Romancing the Countess... but the fact is, I found the writing overwrought, the plot ludicrous, and the characters completely unconvincing. I'd call it more an erotic historical than a romance, as well -- Screwing Lady Cecily would have been a more apt name for it, in more ways than one.
Lisa
This is a short story (apprx 15,000 words I believe) about Lady Cecily and her choice between honoring a marriage arranged by her father or honoring her heart to the man who has seduced her with his words and kisses, Baron Sedgwick. I was a bit surprised as I started reading that it seemed to be that Cecily was cheating on her fiance, but as the story moved quickly along we learn more of the truth. She has never met this fiance and does not actually know his name. I quickly gathered where this w ...more
SheLove2Read
This just didn't work for me. There was no background to the story. How did the Baron and Cecily meet? Why was he so enamored of her? Why did her parents refuse to tell her who she was marrying and the secrecy behind her betrothal?? I also didn't care for the heroine - she seemed almost cold in her demeanor. I finished this ONLY because I actually paid for this novella, instead of borrowing it from a Nook friend.

1 star / D-
Laurie
Kati (Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance)
***original review can be found at Romancing Rakes***

Since reading and re-reading SEDUCING THE DUCHESS by Ashley March, I had been hankering for another book by her. Here's a little confession before I share my thoughts on ROMANCING LADY CECILY: I participated in Ashley's First Annual March Madness Blog Party and never really made the connection until I discovered her book on my shelf. Apparently, I had pre-ordered it right before its release (October 2010), read it and loved Philip and Charlott
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Lady Cecily is waging an inner battle with her emotions. To choose the man she loves or honor her father's wishes and marry a man she's never met. Cecily has developed such strong feelings for Baron Sedgwick but feels as if he doesn't feel the same and that it's all a game of seduction to him.

From the first time Baron Sedgwick caught a glimpse of Lady Cecily he has done everything he could to make her desire him. His feelings for her go beyo
Sweety
Aileen
La verdad es que me ha parecido demasiado superficial y muy predecible, sí me gustaría que estuviera la historia completa para ver si cambio de opinión.
Foggygirl
Talk about your Bad Romance. Romancing Lady Cecily? more like Screwing with Lady Cecily, the only good thing about this short story is that it was short.
Upsybetzy
Más o menos, no pienso leer la continuación....
Abby Niles
This may have been a short story, but those 15,000 words were packed with a lot of punch. I was captivated from the first paragraph all the way to the end. The chemistry between Cecily and Baron Sedgwick sizzled from the beginning, and the story wrapped up with a perfect ending. I won't say how it ended, but Cecily's action in that last scene were perfect. I was so happy that Ms. March ended it this way. I'm waiting impatiently for Romancing the Countess to be released now:)
RIF
I rate my books in order to find new authors. I liked this short, will look for more. Would be happy to read this one at bedtime (when I can settle in for an hr or so)
Lukas Holmes
You can find Ashley now as Elise Rome at www.eliserome.com.
Jenn
This was such a sweet and easy read. And hot. Spicy. Whoa.
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Leslii
Leslii marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Ki
Ki is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2015
Camila
Camila marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Patty McKenna Van Hulle marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ani Greenwood
Ani Greenwood marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Ashley March has never forgiven Margaret Mitchell for making her fall in love with Scarlett and Rhett in Gone with the Wind and then not giving them a happy ending. She likes to think that she makes up for the injustice done to them with each romance novel she writes. When she isn't telling stories about sexy, headstrong heroes and intelligent, independent heroines, Ashley stays busy chasing after ...more
More about Ashley March...

Romancing (2 books)
  • Romancing the Countess (Romancing, #1)
Romancing the Countess (Romancing, #1) Seducing the Duchess My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)