Start by marking “O Eleito” as Want to Read:
O Eleito

O Eleito

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,030 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Quem protege os segredos do Presidente dos Estados Unidos?

Estados Unidos da América. A mais poderosa democracia do mundo. No jogo político de Washington, as apostas são altas, mas nem todos estão dispostos a jogar segundo as regras... A popularidade de Stephen Baker, o recém-eleito Presidente dos Estados Unidos, está em alta. Depois de anos conturbados, os Americanos depos
Published July 2011 by Asa (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about O Eleito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Eleito

James Law
Well, I hate giving poor reviews but this is going to be one!!

I grabbed this book straight after i had finished one of Sam Bourne's others The Final Reckoning (which is absolutely brilliant by the way!) - so I finished the Final Reckoning and being blown away by it i immediately bought this book thinking that if it was even half so good, i would thoroughly enjoy it; it wasn't.

My first thought was that The Final Reckoning was a labour of love that Sam had spent a few years writing and that The Ch
Yuliya Speroff
I didn`t enjoy it nearly as much as Sam Bourne's other books. The plot was ok, but the explanation was quite simple and unimaginative. Also, the author repeats the same thing a lot, like introducing a Secret Service agent Zoe Galfano not one, but three times, using almost the same words! (Example below). Seriously, does the author think the readers are too stupid to retain new information or did he have a bad editor, or is he simply padding the book?
p.16 "and into the hands of a casually-dressed
Merril Anil
It’s a Sam Bourne with less charm

The book made me realize why I love Sam Bourne as an author and why I can go for his works blindly at any given day. The book has a good plot and the usual research and intrigue of a Sam Bourne novel but even though not disappointing, I would not say it is his best work.

The Book has the characters of his previous novel, The Last testament being continued on and though it does not hamper your experience as a first time reader, reading the last testament (which i
Siddartha Thota
I once had to do a course on the War and Peace in West Asia at college. Feeling intrigued about the conflict that no one seemed to find a solution, even I began to read more about it. It was then that I came across Sam Bourne's The Last Testament through some random internet searching (just like in his books). He instantly became one of my favourite writers. His stories contain everything that I love to read about.
This book is a little different from his previous offerings as the historical dra
Wan Ni
Run of the mill thriller predicating on a conspiracy of the rise to grace of the American president. Not at all surprising, and filled with Mary Sue characters.
Matt
Another excellent book by Bourne, this time taking us away from the biblical (or religious) happenings and delving right into the politics. How can a man who has become POTUS, the ever-successful underdog, make his way to the top? What happens when some guy starts spilling secrets that could derail a presidency not yet counted in triple digit days? Bourne touches on those and how there is always someone working 'behind the curtain', demanding that no one peer back to see.

While it took me longer
Rohit Jangid
Well to start with it wasn't a chosen book rather one that fumbled into my lap .I saw this collection of four stories provided as a complement by Readers Digest and my fetish for hardbound books turned on and I jumped right on it.The Chosen one by Sam Bourne is definitely a thriller holding you from the first few pages and not letting off the rabbit till the final few pages.Since I read a 140 page version of it(sorry I didn't googled and thought this was a full version) ,the story came out as a ...more
Ramla
To be honest this book has disappointed me. From the reviews on the cover I expected this book to have lot more than what it actually did.

Maggie Costello finds herself in life-threatening danger in trying to save the crumbling presidency of Stephan Baker the President of US she believes has the power to change the world.

In the starting the book is a real page-turner and you expect to be blown off your feet when the mystery finally unfolds but unfortunately that really does not happen. The crucia
Senthamilselvan Thirunavukkarasu
I have read in a blog that Sam Bourne’s writing are like Dan brown’s. Though the writing was not up to the expectation, he did his part. This story revolves around the conspiracies to remove the newly elected president from his office. The person who claimed to expose the dark sides of the president is mysteriously dead, the reason stated as suicide. But in order to find out the truths, the president sends his most trustable office staff, the protagonist, an Irish Maggie Costello. Having already ...more
Lucy Ette
After reading some of Sam Bourne's other books and really enjoying them, I couldn't wait to start this one. However, I found it to be slow starting, with a focus on description of characters and their history rather than creating the suspense that the storyline really desired.

In the end I stopped reading it, partly because I had to return it to the library but I also couldn't make myself read any more of it. What I loved about his other books, 'The Final Reckoning' for example was that the stor
Jim
I like Sam Bourne's books, they do what it says on the tin. This one has Maggie Costello as hero again, in some implausible employment with the US government, and there's some great short chapter suspense stuff that kicks the crap out of Dan Brown for my money.
Kirsten
I had no idea what kind of story this book was about when I started reading it. I knew I wanted to read this one because I did quite enjoy Bourne's previous books. It was nice to see Maggie Costello back, and the character of Stephen Baker was ... well, he was the all-american president-extraordinaire. You HAD to like him. Either way. It was a good read even if it appears that maybe, just maybe some of the potential in the story was not used. I dont know, this kind of conspiracy offers more... N ...more
Srinath Narayanan
Meh...Disappointing end to an otherwise good plot.
Henningw
I really enjoyed reading this book. So much, that I was unable to put it down. Maggie Costello from "The last testament" played the main role in this one. This time the story is about a personal attack with a series of allegations being made on the US president. Maggies duty is to invetigate/uncover who is behind it all.The story is interesting right from the start and the intensity remains at a high level throughout the entire book. To be honest,the end seemed a bit far fetched, but the book is ...more
Trine
Boken var ok, men det var veeldig lenge om å faktisk komme igang... Og når det endelig kom til slutten, var det veeeldig kort oppsummert.. Kanskje hadde jeg for høye forhåpninger etter hans andre bøker - denne var ihvertfall ikke den beste!
Ruth
Great book looking at the people that make the world tick. Not too political, but enough to make it sound realistic.
Cksmith
I absolutely loved this book! I admit the main reason I picked it up is because I am a Harry Potter fan and couldn't resist a book called the Chosen One however I knew it would be nothing like it. Maggie Costello is without a doubt my favourite main character who is female in any book/ movie I've ever read! It's well written, exciting and full of surprises. Because of this book, Sam Bourne is one of my favourite authors!
Joanna Gawn
Heck of a page-turner. Raced through the last 100 pages :)
Zelda of Unapologetic Reviews
I finished this book in a week. It was rather engaging and interesting. Mind you, not the best book I've ever read, but it was entertaining. The character had some development and it was fast-paced. I also liked the ending. So if you are looking for an interesting story and are not terribly squeamish, this is a good book. Even if it wasn't that special for me.
Charmaine
This book makes you think whether it is fiction or fact.......it could very well be what happens in real life - especially in view of the recent economic happenings. Its a page turner - you have to know what's going to happen next. If you enjoy thrillers and suspense, then you should read this.
Greer Andjanetta
A good story involving presidential politics and powerful hidden groups who control things from behind the scenes. Well written, this story holds the reader's interest from beginning to end - it does not use a long (usually boring) introduction before the story gets interesting.
Joe Stamber
I bought this after mistakenly thinking that I had enjoyed a previous SB book more than I actually did. It's a moderately entertaining tale about a woman who is investigating a plot to bring down the newly elected president.
Ashok
I picked this one to try a new author, and found the begining to be slow. But then it picks pace and shuttles you between both Washingtons, - a City and the state, and was a good read. Guess I will try more of his books now.
Emily Poole
3.5
Speedy enjoyable read, but it did feel a little bit predictable
Abhishek
Fast paced intelligent drama with a crisp narrative, The Chosen One by Sam Bourne is one of the best books I've read in 2010. Highly recommended for people who like Dan Brown and Sidney Sheldon novels.
Winnie
This is well written with good characterisation and reasonably fast paced. Only problem with sam bourne is that he is a working journalist and therefore not writing full time so you wait ages between books.
Kevin
Not the high concept blockbuster I was promised. Sam Bourne might be the biggest challenger to Dan Brown's crown but not with this novel. His other work, including The Righteous Men, exceed this by miles.
Ali Maggs
This is my favourite Sam Bourne book so far, and puts him close to Dan Brown with the ability to create a book that blends together, and blurs the lines between, fact and fiction. Really good book!
Lisa
I love Sam Bourne's novels usually. He usually writes about interesting, exciting subject matter and his novels are fast paced and thrilling. Not so with this one. A disappointing read.
Ukaissi
It is a very interesting story with alot of twists and turn. It goes deep in the world of politics. It is difficult to predict how it ends. Really amazing... I recommend it
  • The Secret Crown (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #6)
  • The Sacred Sword (Ben Hope, #7)
  • The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)
  • The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • Echo Of The Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • Pyramid
  • The Genesis Secret
Sam Bourne is the literary pseudonym of Jonathan Freedland, an award-winning British journalist and broadcaster. He has written a weekly column for The Guardian since 1997, having previously served as the paper's Washington correspondent. His work has also appeared in The New York Times, The New York Review of Books, the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek, The New Republic, and The J ...more
More about Sam Bourne...
The Righteous Men The Last Testament The Final Reckoning Pantheon Sam Bourne Collection: The Last Testament, The Final Reckoning, The Righteous Men, The Chosen One