Start by marking “Restaurant Success by the Numbers: A Money-Guy's Guide to Opening the Next Hot Spot” as Want to Read:

Ninety percent of all restaurants fail, and those that succeed happened upon that mysterious X factor, right? Wrong! A man of many hats: money-guy, restaurant owner, and restaurant consultant-Roger Fields shows how a restaurant can survive its first year, based on far more than luck, and keep diners coming back for many years to come. Featuring real-life restaurant ...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Restaurant Success by the Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restaurant Success by the Numbers

Mike
Sep 15, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
Restaurant Success by the Numbers was quite good for the how-to-start-a-restaurant genre, but that still doesn't earn it more than 3 stars. This is quite a weak genre, by my reckoning. These people aren't writers, I suppose, just good restauranteurs. Maybe the two don't overlap.

You'll find out immediately that Fields thinks like an auditor when managing his restaurants. Everything is well tracked and organized. I found the book very strong on those points -- advise about financial planning, inve
Josh
Oct 23, 2012 Josh rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Some good ideas at the beginning to get me started on my grand plan, but the editing really sucks in this book, which is kinda troubling. I also didn't read a lot of the middle because it's too practical at the moment, but maybe I'll come back to it after I get my financing in order (ha!).
Zoe
Jan 11, 2016 Zoe rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the author's honest take on how to actually open up a restaurant. Includes important sheet's on organizing your finances that are extremely helpful.
I trust the author because of all his experience in multiple restaurant openings and his accounting background.
Hasini
Mar 17, 2015 Hasini rated it really liked it
highly recommended for first time restaurateurs....I read this book as my brother when my brother wanted to turn into an restaurateur. There are many good points to pick and also very inspiring! Impressed by my tips, my bro who isnt a reader also started reading it!
Julian Perrera
Jan 07, 2009 Julian Perrera rated it really liked it
insightful, common sense. breaks down the restaurants business so you can make better decisions about what you want to do.
Dan Ryan
Jan 16, 2014 Dan Ryan rated it really liked it
Good solid presentation on opening a restaurant. Neither over-encouraging nor discouraging, the book provides a lot of clear thinking and a few nuggets of hard-to-find facts.
Jonathon Platt
Jonathon Platt rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Scotty Latt
Scotty Latt rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Julie Richards
Julie Richards rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Doug Wagner
Doug Wagner rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Cam
Cam rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Dan Wolinsky
Dan Wolinsky rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Bobby
Bobby rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Mike Thames
Mike Thames rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Mohamed Diab Embbya
Mohamed Diab Embbya rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Ryan Keogh
Ryan Keogh rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2012
Dean Casagrande
Dean Casagrande rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Ivan Suarez
Ivan Suarez rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Ryan Gaines
Ryan Gaines rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Ariel Azani
Ariel Azani rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2015
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
Karan Arakotaram
Karan Arakotaram rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Alexandra Bookless
Alexandra Bookless rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
tony l hauter
tony l hauter rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Michał
Michał rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Fred Matignon
Fred Matignon rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
  • Harbrace College Handbook
  • Precedents in Architecture: Analytic Diagrams, Formative Ideas, and Partis
  • Public Places-Urban Spaces: The Dimensions of Urban Design
  • Building Structures Illustrated: Patterns, Systems, and Design
  • Color Drawing: Design Drawing Skills and Techniques for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers
  • Architecture Now!
  • The Look of Architecture
  • Historic Preservation: An Introduction to Its History, Principles, and Practice
  • Building Big