Start by marking “Blur: The Speed of Change in the Connected Economy” as Want to Read:
Blur: The Speed of Change in the Connected Economy

Blur: The Speed of Change in the Connected Economy

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In the new connected global economy, two experts offer a dynamic and insightful blueprint for conducting business and reveal who today's hottest innovators are and what tomorrow's winners will need.
Published April 1st 1999 by Grand Central Publishing (first published March 25th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Blur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blur

Derek Neighbors
The book had lots of good content. An example, "Blur requires that we construct organizational structures that are designed for adaptability, not efficiency." is relative to my thoughts around Agile structures vs more Lean structures in organizations. The biggest problem is the book feels dated. Perhaps there is a newer, updated version with some more modern samples. It was a quick read that gave value despite being outdated.
Jimi Bostock
Mar 25, 2010 Jimi Bostock rated it it was amazing
This was one of the first books on the concept of a connected economy

I cherish my copy now as it was a small run book released by Ernst and Young and it is still a very good book to dip back into. Indeed, it was way ahead of its time and most of its points are only noe becoming very real through the social media / social marketing / semantic web spaces
grundoon
Sep 27, 2015 grundoon rated it liked it
I remember being given a copy of this in 1999 and tucking it into my laptop case for a cross-country flight. Oops, distraction and suddenly it's 2015 and still sitting in the pile. It was probably a needed kick in the pants at the time for anybody mired in "this is how things are done" paradigms and practices - less so for those of us already in the trenches, who would've simply seen a whole bunch of affirmation, interspersed with wild-eyed speculation (really, personal securitization?) and a bi ...more
Robert
Feb 26, 2011 Robert rated it it was ok
This book is probably becoming a little dated now (who is this Netscape company again?). Unfortunately for this reason it doesn't have the impact it probably did back around the time of the dot com boom. Many of the concepts and ideas which were probably revolutionary at the time are now widely accepted and some are likewise ridiculed.

The book does illustrate how fast technology changes and how rapidly we have evolved in such a short time. In that respect its concept of 'Blur' rings true yet I w
Randa Ahmed
Jul 10, 2015 Randa Ahmed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
This w fine book, it might be a little out dated but you will learn the difference between a service, product and an offer and the difference between each , how to compete in a connected economy, I enjoyed reading this book.
Charlane Brady
I was working at Ernst and Young Consulting Services when this book came out. Fresh out of graduate school and a new bird to the global management consulting world, this book helped me understand the "new" changes happening around me.

This book provided a great new perspective, one that was needed, in the late nineties.

Lori Grant
An optional-read book on managing technology strategy for managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Stephen
Jul 25, 2011 Stephen rated it liked it
Read DEC 2002
Matt
Matt added it
Jul 17, 2016
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Pat Cummings
Pat Cummings rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Chaganti Rk
Chaganti Rk marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Wayne Carlson
Wayne Carlson rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Curtis Ewah
Curtis Ewah rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Christina Wellman
Christina Wellman marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Daniel Kerwin
Daniel Kerwin marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Ian Wood
Ian Wood rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Ankit Goyal
Ankit Goyal marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
AriWahyudi
AriWahyudi marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Dwayne Nesmith
Dwayne Nesmith rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
David Jardine
David Jardine marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Prabhasa L
Prabhasa L marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Dan
Dan added it
Feb 06, 2016
Marcus
Marcus rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Mohammed
Mohammed rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Blown to Bits: How the New Economics of Information Transforms Strategy
  • A Passion for Excellence: The Leadership Difference
  • Leaders: Strategies for Taking Charge
  • New Rules for the New Economy
  • The Circle of Innovation: You Can't Shrink Your Way to Greatness
  • Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls
  • Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution
  • Organizational Behavior and Management
  • The 80/20 Individual: How to Build on the 20% of What You do Best
  • The Anatomy of Buzz: How to Create Word of Mouth Marketing
  • Career Warfare: 10 Rules for Building a Successful Personal Brand and Fighting to Keep It
  • The Time Trap
  • The Truth about Leadership: The No-Fads, Heart-Of-The-Matter Facts You Need to Know
  • Business and Competitive Analysis: Effective Application of New and Classic Methods
  • Buy-In: Saving Your Good Idea from Getting Shot Down