Start by marking “Abigail” as Want to Read:
Abigail

Abigail

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When Abigail’s supposedly immortal faery mother is found murdered, her human father sells her in to slavery. Bought by a young and wealthy landowner named William, she is whisked away to a Grecian island to play caretaker for his baby sister.

However, the island has a deadly secret connected to Abigail’s past. Her budding romance with William is shattered by Abigail’s intim
Nook, 0 pages
Published July 29th 2011 by Heather Marie Adkins (first published July 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Abigail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abigail

The Iron King by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen by Julie KagawaThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaDarkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Best Faerie Books
10th out of 80 books — 59 voters
Katie's Hellion by Lizzy FordDamian's Oracle by Lizzy FordDamian’s Assassin by Lizzy FordMaddy's Oasis by Lizzy FordKiera's Moon by Lizzy Ford
Indie Eclective
21st out of 56 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Kenneth
Oct 08, 2015 Kenneth rated it really liked it
Starting this book, it’s dark and strange, and then resolves itself into a nice fantasy-based love story. Soon after, you wander thru and begin to like the main character and how she is coping with all the twists and turns. I got lost in some of the side items for a time, but they dovetailed into the main story fairly well. This may be a standalone story, but trust me, you will want to read the rest of the books.
Each of the main characters were ‘fleshed’ out enough for me to admire them and rela
Literary  Chanteuse
Although I found there were a few inconsistencies mainly pertaining to characters I did like them and the overall story was very good. I also really liked the writing.
Kristin
Dec 03, 2011 Kristin rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
When Abigail is sold into slavery by her father she is bought by William, who is nothing short of a gentleman. He instantly takes a liking to Abigail and welcomes her abroad his ship not as a slave but as a guest. While on their travels back to Will's island, the weather takes a turn for the worse and Abigail is forced to use her powers in front of the crew mates in order to keep everyone safe. Once they make it safely to dry land, Abigail meets Angel and starts her duties as caretaker. Angel te ...more
Jessica Bronder
Dec 27, 2011 Jessica Bronder rated it really liked it
The story starts with Abigail finding herself up for sale as a slave. She is lucky that her purchaser has decided that he would like to have her take care of his kid sister. But Abigail is not completely human; she is part faery with a connection to the earth. On the trip to her new home, she demonstrates her powers in different ways.

On the little island that is now her home, she meets others faeries and learns that the land that the house is built on belongs to the faery king and he plans on ta
Avid Reader
Oct 16, 2014 Avid Reader rated it it was amazing
This genre isn't usually one that I read often, but was pleasantly surprised. The characters were well developed and very interesting. The only disappointment is that I have to wait for the sequel. The first chapter grabbed my interest and just didn't let go. Can't wait for the next book. This is definitely a must read.
Wendy
Jul 07, 2015 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Abigail's story is not one that I would usually find myself reading. It took a few chapters to really get into her story, but then I was captivated. The best way I can describe this book, is that I felt like I was a child sitting on my grandmother's lap as she told me a story. I am now suffering a book hangover. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Debbie Shepherd
Aug 15, 2011 Debbie Shepherd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I haven't read any books in this category for many years, but this one was so well written that I couldn't put it down! The author has done a magnificent job! The story starts out with the heroine being imprisoned and then sold into slavery. At the beginning, I thought the book would be dreary and boring. It was far from it! Abigail finds out about life, and even more about herself. I would be interested in reading any other books by this author. Thank you, Debbie S ...more
Alisa
Jun 29, 2012 Alisa rated it really liked it
This is not the normal book I pick off the bookshelf -- but I have always had a curiosity about fantasy literature where Faeries play a prominent role. I was not let down. I read this in one sitting, and enjoyed it very much. The heroine of the tale is strong, opinionated, in control, and extremely powerful. Not to mention gorgeous with or without her glamour on.
Patrice Fitzgerald
Juicy, exotic, involving... I really liked "Abigail"! The combination of the era and the faerie world, plus romance, past family history, conflict and travel made this a fun book to read. I gather that it's the beginning of a set of books, and I look forward to reading the next one.

Powerful characters and evocative setting. Don't miss it!
Julia Crane
Aug 09, 2011 Julia Crane rated it it was amazing
Adkins did an amazing job of blending the human and faery world together seamlessly. I loved all the characters especially William and his sister Angel. I don't want to give anything away, but the ending was sad and fitting. I hope the author does a sequel!
Faerie-bookworm
Feb 10, 2016 Faerie-bookworm rated it really liked it
Cute little story. Good detail and great character development. I really felt like I got to know the characters. I look forward to reading the next book.
Sambookworm
Jan 20, 2013 Sambookworm rated it it was amazing
i loved this book :-) the story and the characters completely sucked me in and i could not stop reading. would recommend this to anyone
J.
Feb 27, 2016 J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autographed
I don't know if I can write a review to describe how this book made me feel. Full review to follow!
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
ERICA DUKE
ERICA DUKE marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Figgy
Figgy marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Birgitta
Birgitta rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Nayab
Nayab marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Jessica Leonard
Jessica Leonard marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
norma riley
norma riley marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Jennifer Smolek
Jennifer Smolek marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Cheryl Shireman
Cheryl Shireman marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Tari Carl
Tari Carl marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Kaycha
Kaycha marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Battle Scars (Elemental, #2)
  • A Life Earthbound (Dryad Quartet #3)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Soul Awakened (Reincarnation #1)
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • Beyond the Sea (Shades of the Sea, #1)
  • Demon on a Distant Shore (Whisperings, #5)
  • Psycho Inside Me
  • Doll Parts
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • The Mirrored Shard (Iron Codex, #3)
  • Familiar Things (A Book of All Hollows, #1)

Heather Marie Adkins loves magick and words, but not necessarily in that order. She can often be found wrangling chickens in her backyard, pulling weeds from her herb garden, and saving field mice from her cats—when she isn’t plotting her eventual move to Ireland.

Heather is the author of numerous published titles including The Temple and Abigail. She lives in north-central Kentucky with a house f

More about Heather Marie Adkins...