Start by marking “Vacations Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Vacations Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #2)

Vacations Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  189 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In Charlie's words, "Vacations mean different things to different people. There's the planning, the packing, the anticipation. Then there's the late arrival, the sunburn, the fuzzy pictures. In my case, add a romance with a good-looking pilot and fourteen stitches in the back of my skull." Gilbert Page was a slick businessman from California, with an alcoholic wife, a spoi ...more
Published June 1st 1997 by Intrigue Press (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Vacations Can Be Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vacations Can Be Murder

Connie
Mar 11, 2010 Connie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
Disclaimer: I am the author of this book. I wrote this one when I lived on Kauai. It was a great chance for me to give my protagonist, Charlie, a vacation to a beautiful spot.
Jan
This book was a gift from a friend, who thought I might like it as I use to live in the Pacific, and also have a copter pilot in the family. She was correct,I did like it!

Story. Charlie Parker, is a female detective on holiday in Kauai. A chance to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland. She decides to take a helicopter ride around the island so she may enjoy the sights from the air. Unfortunately, while flying over the island, she and the "dishy pilot" (who she later beco
Andrea
Easy reading story. I'm trying to decide whether I like the main character. She has many good points, but she seems to either encounter mostly horrible people, or just views the world around her through a rather judgmental lens. Particularly incredibly bratty kids.
jwals
Vacations can be murder by Connie Shelton
This the second book in the Charlie Parker mysteries series.
In the first book Charlie Parker is an accountant and partner with her brother in their own small private investigations firm looking after the firm’s accounts, taxes etc. In this the second book in the series she seems to have become an investigator in financial matters.
While holidaying on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai, she takes a helicopter tour where she and the (handsome) pilot see a body
Tracy
I originally found this series doing a search for books that I could read during my vacation to Kauai. It was a great read during our trips about the island.

Charlie is looking for a much needed vacation and books a trip to Kauai. She ends up staying in one of the nicer hotels on the island and she decides to book a helicopter tour over the NaPali coast. The pilot spots a body from above and the mystery begins along with a little bit of romance.

This was a great mystery right up until the end. Sue
Jeanie Jackson
Intriguing mystery with just enough romance to hook me. After the struggle in Gamble, Charli is ready for a little break and where for a better vacation than Hawaii. While on a helicopter tour Charli and the attractive pilot spot a body in an isolated area. Drake and his boss become suspects so Charli feels compelled to help them out. I want more Drake in her life. Better pacing than Gamble. Over all really enjoyed it.
Elaine Leaman
A great read which doesn't take a lot of energy. I really enjoyed this book which kept me wanting to keep with the story. I was able to drown out the noise around me, kick back and relax. It is nice to see the story continue from the previous one but I don't think if you read this a a stand alone you would loose out.
Shirley
Will now stop this series for awhile. This one based in Hawaii, less interesting to me from that standpoint. Plot involves murder of visitor to the Islands and helicopter pilots who do tours of Hawaii for vacationers.
Heather
I liked the mystery but there were some scenes I didn't care for between Drake and Charlie.
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Ina
Ina added it
Nov 28, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Wsd
Wsd marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Sharon McCoy Bell
Sharon McCoy Bell marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
  • Under the Dog Star (Rachel Goddard Mystery #4)
  • Bone Yard (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #4)
  • Pink Balloons and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin, #1)
  • Deed to Death
  • A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Mystery #4)
  • Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas (Bubba Snoddy, #2)
  • Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery, #1)
  • Death By Lotto (Josiah Reynolds Mystery, #5)
  • Get Fluffy (Pampered Pets Mystery #2)
  • a Touch of TNT (Everly Gray #2)
  • Death Comes to Town (A Darcy Sweet Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Murder in Plain Sight (Amish Suspense, #1)
  • Prodigy (The Shapeshifter Chronicles, #2)
  • A Cutthroat Business (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #1)
  • Laid Out and Candle Lit (Tizzy/Ridge Trilogy #1)
  • Plan B: A Nick Heller Story (Nick Heller, #2.5)
  • Turquoise Girl (Ella Clah, #12)
  • Blood Alley (The Highwayman #1)
My love of books started with weekly trips to the library as a child and from the moment I learned to read I can't remember a time that I didn't have at least one book going. For the past 25 years, that list has grown to include what I'm reading and what I'm writing at any given time.

I began writing my Charlie Parker series when my husband and I lived on Kauai, then continued them in my home stat
More about Connie Shelton...
Sweet Masterpiece (A Samantha Sweet Mystery #1) Deadly Gamble (A Charlie Parker Mystery #1) Sweet Holidays (A Samantha Sweet Mystery #3) Sweet Hearts (A Samantha Sweet Mystery, #4) Sweet's Sweets (A Samantha Sweet Mystery #2)