Start by marking “A Christmas Night to Remember” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Night to Remember

A Christmas Night to Remember

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Night to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Night to Remember

Lemon
I would say this was really more of a 4 star book but I upgraded to 5 stars because I simply adored the hero. Zeke is the the quintessential Helen Brooks hero- a consummate gentleman who is gallant and steadfast but also strong and confident and utterly and hopelessly in love with and devoted to one woman only- the heroine. Helen Brooks' heroes tend to be men who are comfortable in their own skin and well-adjusted despite their troubled past and are, accordingly, quite likable and confident and...more
Verity
Anotha Xmas, anotha misleading HP title. Yeah it's Xmas theme, if U count the snowman, but really, a more apt title shoulda been : The Saint & The Sap. Honorable mention : HB’s fondness for the word “Ebony” (no fewer than 14 X) & “Love” (beloved, lovely, lovemaking, love, loved, loving, lovey >100 X). Oh the power of E-books. It’s hard to escape when the repetition got documented by a search engine.

So a lorry almost turned the orphaned, loner, Swan-wannabe heroine into a roadkill. Sh...more
Booklover
WOW!KNOCKED OUT!such a heart wrenching wonderful emotional story,absolutely LOVED Zeke,for me he is the soul of the book,his love,his patience,the determination not to let go & fight for his marriage and no matter how many times Melody pushes him he is still always there for her.Melody what happened to her was very tragic but her constant pushing Zeke away made me angry but later how she accepted the accident,the changes and the realization how she has hurt Zeke melted my anger away

This time...more
Judi
Zeke James is famous, worldly, rich, gorgeous and deeply in love with his wife...even as she pushes him away with every breath she takes and every word she speaks. Melody James was once a world class dancer but now she’s a shadow of her former self recovering from a devastating life-altering injury with a lorry (I think that’s the English equivalent for a truck) and Melody didn’t come out on the good end of that encounter.

I loved Zeke. I would say he was the perfect husband, understanding, givin...more
Angela
I absolutely could not stand the heroine of this story! Melody's view made this book, one long pity party. It got to the point, I wanted to scream at Zeke to let her go because she didn't deserve a man as loving, considerate, kind, patient and passionate with his wife as he was. And he was grateful for every moment he was granted with this idiot. I guess you can tell that Melody makes this about a 1 star story for me, but for the dreamy, sexy Zeke, I give it 3 stars. This is not a feel good Chri...more
Jessica
Well what can I say, I really didn't like this book. The heroine was annoying, selfish, woe is me type of person, and I can't stand people like that. I always have to finish a book I start reading, but this book made me wanna rethink that. I would have rated this book 1 star if Zeke wasn't so great.

Melody James gets in a car accident, she can't dance anymore but she can still walk and all. Better that then being dead! But she sees things differently she thinks her husband Zeke won't want her aft...more
Wateena
This book had me crying from beginning to end. This book is chocked full emotion and plenty of deep dialog that keeps you enthralled. I have to say this is the best Christmas book I have read this season.

Melody James was a famous dancer when she had an accident. Zeke James is Melody's husband and the King in the entertainment world. After Melody's accident, she decided to make some changes in her life; one to divorce her husband, two to become totally independent, three to try and forget her hu...more
Barb
On Christmas Eve, Melody James leaves the hospital to start life anew without her charismatic, powerful husband, Zeke. The injuries that ended her dancing career—and her marriage—may have healed, but her heart is still shattered.Tycoon Zeke fought to be the best, clawing his way from nothing to the very best, and he's going to fight for Melody. He sweeps her off to a stunning London penthouse suite, intent on seduction. All the man who has everything wants for Christmas is his wife—back!

It wasn...more
Anna
Semi pleasant couple of hours' read.
Erin
I really wanted to love this book, but I found the heroine a little too self-pitying. I still liked the premise, and I thought the hero was a refreshing change in how accommodating he was with the heroine and her insecurities. It was nice to read an HP where the hero was patient, but still very alpha-male in his intent to ensure the heroine ends up with him.
Brandy
Sep 02, 2012 Brandy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
My favorite part of this book was its focus on the relationship between Zeke and Melody and their internal struggles rather than a lot of external conflict. Although we see what has gone on in their past, the book itself covers the actions of this Christmas night to remember. It was a nice reminder that big stories don't have to have epic settings.
Limecello
I liked this book - there were some lines that killed me.
But I struggled for a bit at the beginning.
The heroine does NOT start out as a sympathetic character and she was just so thick I almost put the book down a number of times.

In the end I'm glad I didn't though.

A different HB romance, in a way - fantastic hero too. Loved that.
Dorel
I read a few books by Helen Brooks but I just couldnt get into any of those. Since I love Christmas I decided to read this book. I found it dry & I just couldn't get into it. The reason why I gave it 2 stars is I liked how Melody's husband still loved her after her accident. It maybe good to someone else but not for me.
Gemma
Nov 12, 2013 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish
The whole book hinged on the heroine insisting their marriage was over because she had been crippled in an accident. It drove me nuts because her husband wanted to make it work and she wouldn't stop being stubborn about it for no good reason. I just can't stand people who throw themselves a constant pity party.
RebeccaL
Jun 21, 2012 RebeccaL rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: hp
It is very refreshing to read a hp where it is the heroine who has issue in a relationship and the hero is the one who showed love can overcome any difficulties. Ireaaly enjoyed this book especially with such a nice hero. How lucky is the heroine.
Jessica C.
Wow, I really disliked the heroine most of the book. Not a good thing. I only kept reading because poor Zeke loves her and so needed his HEA. But Melody was not very relatable or reasonable.
Carmen
I liked this HP, BUT I didn't like the hero having the same first name as another Helen Brook's novel - HP #2237 AAAAND the same childhood plot line. VERY BAD!!!
Melissa
It seems like this is a sequel to their life BEFORE marriage...good book though - I don't usually like any story lines that are taking in place in a short time period.
Maureen
Could not finish this whining book, too much "poor mes" and "I'm not good enough" the main character , I'm sure it works out well but not holding my interest at all.
C.
Very sweet, very traditional-feeling story in which a married couple work through the issues the heroine believes must keep them apart.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Dec 18, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark marked it as avoid
After reading some of the reviews, I just can't do it. Maybe after Christmas. :)
Gabriela
i couldn't get through it. It dragged on and the heroine with the sam woe-is-me got old.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: One Christmas Night In…
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: One Christmas Night In…
Ashima
Lovely Hero but Idiot heroine!
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
☆~Stephanie ~☆
☆~Stephanie ~☆ marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rita Bradshaw was born on 1950 in Northampton, England, where she was educated as a good Christian. She met Clive, her husband, at the age of 16 andnow the magic is still there. They have three lovely children, Cara, Faye, and Benjamin, and have always had a menagerie of animals in the house, whichat the present is confined to two endearing and very comical dogs who wouldmake a great double act on...more
More about Helen Brooks...
A Whirlwind Marriage Just One Last Night The Billionaire Boss's Secretary Bride The Boss's Inexperienced Secretary A Heartless Marriage