Start by marking “Hold Me (Caldwell Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hold Me (Caldwell Sisters, #1)

Hold Me (Caldwell Sisters #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Still reeling from her mother’s death, news anchor Jane Caldwell’s life is upended further when she learns the father she lost twenty years ago is still alive. Her mother’s will unleashes a manhunt—the Caldwell sisters must find their father, or their mother’s estate will not be settled, and their questions about his disappearance will remain unanswered.

Jane’s search leads
Nook, 0 pages
Published July 29th 2011 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (first published July 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me

Cynthia

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

Jane Caldwell and her two younger sisters have just been stunned. Through their mother’s Will they have discovered their father, who they thought dead these past 20 years, is alive and kicking. The Will stipulates that the daughter who finds the ole’ man (Zach T. Caldwell) gets the ranch. Ah ha! The scavenger hunt is on! One sis, Allison, stays at the ranch. One sis, Margo, takes off to the Virgin Islands (a story for another day). And of course our heroin
Stella
Hold Me is the first novella in Lucianne Rivers' new trilogy about the Caldwell sisters: Jane, Margo and Alison, who after the death of their mother learn that the father they believed dead for more than twenty years is alive and their mother left part of the estate to him. So they embark on a mission to find him, each book tells the story of a sister following a lead and investigating the whereabouts of their father.

Hold Me is Jane's story who flies off to Guatemala as the private investigator
Lisa (Fic Talk)
I didn't like this at all. I get that because it was rather short the storyline needed to move forward at a rapid pace, but COME ON, this book gave me whiplash. Some of the stuff that happened was beyond unbelievable. At one point I felt like the male main character, Harrison AKA Cady, had a split personality. I literally felt like I was reading about two different characters and not just the one guy.

I legit did a double take to make sure I was still reading the same story. It's not that I'm try
Cladupont
If you are looking for an exciting adventure combined with sensual romance, then look no further!

With the passing of their mother, the Caldwell sisters are suddenly confronted, not only with their grief, but also with the startling knowledge that their father may still be alive. Since they were children, they believed him to have been killed in the Gulf War of the early 1990s. But their mother's testament not only bequeaths part of the family estate to him, but also exhorts each of her three dau
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I don't know if it was because it was a novella, but I felt that there were a lot of missing pieces in this story. The beginning felt very familiar - like a mish mash of 80s movies. I wasn't sure if the reference to Romancing the Stone was done tongue-in-cheek but the similarities to the movie did not appeal to me. And I love that movie. I found Jane to not be a very smart heroine. She is a news anchor and travels in a suit and heels to a 3rd world country. What sense does that make? With Intern ...more
Tina
I had mixed feelings about this one. I wanted to love it, but it was kind of "meh". The greatest aspect of this novella was Cady. OMG! Was that man hot! As much as I loved him, I hated Jane on an equal level, if not more so. Ugh… TSTL to the nth degree.

She's pathetic, desperate, weak, immature, and dependent. I'm surprised she can manage to go to the bathroom without having someone hold her hand. I had violent urges to beat her with a tire-iron. Or just, you know, throw my ereader. I'm getting r
Angie
Hold Me is a super short and quick read, but it manages to cram in a lot of stuff. It all starts with some strange terms in their mother's will. The Caldwell sisters have thought their father was dead for years, but when their mother passes on, they find out that he is indeed alive, and she's left the family ranch to whichever sister finds him. They immediately search for any Zach Caldwells, then split up to find him. Jane heads off to Guatemala where one potential father could be. There she mee ...more
Romancing the Book
This was a novella that was an enjoyable read albeit too short as I think all novellas are. You felt the pain the three sisters shared due to the loss of their mother only to be told during the reading of the will that their long lost father who they were told was killed in the war was rumored to be alive. With very little to go on, Jane went off to Guatemala on a wild goose chase looking for him so that the estate could be settled and he could share in their inheritance. There she met an Americ ...more
Katrina
Hold me is book one of the Cardwell Sisters series, its filled with a great cast of characters Im sure you will enjoy..** wink wink ** Its short but enjoyable - At only 65 pages long - Lucianne has delivered the goodies in this quickee read. It has action, romance, passion and chemistry between the main characters that will not only knock your socks off- but have your eyelashes curling and toes bunching !! and yes it has a storyline Im sure will have your attention piqued from the start.

Harriso
Lee-ann Graff-vinson
BOOK REVIEW – ‘Hold Me’ by Lucianne Rivers
After the death of her mother, hard-nosed, news anchor, Jane Caldwell is thrown for a loop when she learns her mother changed her will just prior to her death. Jane and her two sisters now had to find their father in order to settle the large ranch estate. The problem? Their father died in action over twenty years.
Lee-Ann Graff-Vinson
An anonymous phone-call made to their mother before her death, telling her Zach Caldwell was still alive, prompted her to hire a private detective. Three men who fit the description o
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.com

Expected Release Date: July 27, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: luciannerivers.com
My Source for This Book: Gift from the publisher
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Caldwell Sisters
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Hot

Overall, I greatly enjoyed this one. There’s chemistry, passion, angst, danger, secrets, and betrayal, all wrapped up in a wonderfully fast read.

H
Aislynn (Stitch Read Cook)
Jane is smart, sexy, adventurous and isn't afraid to do what she needs to do to get things done. She finds herself half way around the world hunting for her father who died when she was a child. After the sudden passing of her mother, her sisters each inherit a portion of the family ranch. Little did the sisters know, that their father was also listed in their mother's estate.

I've always loved stories of siblings and families - and this series is no exception to that rule. Jane finds herself in
Natasha  A.
What I learned:
- That despite feeling like there were parts missing in the book, I could still really enjoy the chemistry between the main characters.
- That I don't think I am really wanting to visit Guatemala... or at least off the beaten track!
- AND if I do go to Guatemala, I can do it in a pair of heels!
- That despite some of my feminist ways, I do really enjoy the damsel in distress story!
- That people should stop questioning things and just live in the moment - take a chance! Why did Jane
Brenda
Hold Me was a great read with a twist that surprised me, and a romance that was steamy and captivating. Actually it took me by surprise because I'm not a huge fan of plots with people in the television or radio industry. Don't ask me why, it's just a weird quirk I have-- kind of like how I hate movies that take place in one location like a prison/house/plane etc. Yeah, weird I know. BUT, Ms. Rivers made me love the characters right from the beginning, even though Jane is a news anchor. I also lo ...more
Nina Croft
An exotic, steamy location, a gorgeous guy with a past, and a strong woman who knows what she wants – who could ask for more in a romance?
Normally, Jane Caldwell’s high profile job ensures that she behaves at all times with discretion. Now, deep in the jungle of Guatemala, far from prying eyes, she can allow herself to give in to the fierce attraction she felt as soon as she set eyes on the mysterious Harrison DeNeuve.
Hold Me, is a hot, fast read. The story weaves together the romance and the s
Erin
Jane Caldwell is a woman with a mission. Harrison DeNeuve is a man with a secret. Thrown together in the jungles of Central America they take to the road in search of Jane’s long-lost father. Lucianne Rivers’ new book Hold Me takes us on a steamy journey of undeniable attraction and a mystery of a lifetime.

Filled with lush locations and likeable characters, Hold Me is fun read with plenty of hot romance! With a nod to romantic adventures like Romancing the Stone, this sensuous book will get you
Christa
I received this ARC from Netgalley. I liked the two main characters and enjoyed the story, but didn't realize until I started reading that this was just a short novella. I would have really liked it more if it would have been fleshed out as a full length book. I liked Jane and Cady, but because of the brevity of the book, felt that everything was rushed. I will read the books to follow in the series, and I thought that Hold Me was good for the short novella that it was.
Niamh
'Steamy' is the best word I can use to describe this book – from the muggy jungle setting to the intense attraction between strong-minded Jane and sexy-but-guarded Harrison. An intriguing long-lost father plot, sharp, witty dialogue and the author’s talent for making passion jump off the page made Hold Me a fast, gripping read – I’m only sorry it wasn’t longer. I’ll definitely be waiting impatiently for the next installment.
Terry
Steamy stuff!

Hold Me begins with a sombre tone and interesting set-up. Author Rivers allows you to immediately connect with the characters and jump head first into an intriguing tale.

Evocative and exotic locations, paired with a genuinely emotional and complex adventure for our protagonist makes for great reading.

I can't wait for the next one in the series.
Cynthia
This is a fantastice love story with great characters and toe curling love scenes. I fully expect Lucianne to be up there with Elizabeth Lowell and Jayne Anne Krentz. I can't wait to read about the other sisters - Allison and Margo.
JoAnne
My review can be read on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Lonestar Mama
This was.. okay. The hard thing about novella's is that there is such a short amount of time to work with. It's difficult to make it believable.

Full review to come.
Marian
I think it was well written and a great read. I was lucky enough to have been able to read a sneak preview of the book and it wet my appetite for more of the authors works.
Caitlin Peterson

Full review to come.
Mysterygal3
it was a good story line, WAY to SHORT of a STORY!!! I was disappointed it could have been great book!!
Kate Thorn
This book is on my to read list!
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Niteshadow
Niteshadow marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lucy was born and raised in Ireland. She moved to Santa Fe in 2007 and has a beautiful young daughter. Lucy is a published poet and author of women’s fiction; also a singer, professional actress, and lover of all things related to exercise. The former Program Director of a non-profit that focuses on leadership development from 2007 to 2011, she is happy to be back in that role after a brief career ...more
More about Lucianne Rivers...

Caldwell Sisters (3 books)
  • Thrill Me (Caldwell Sisters, #2)
  • Entice Me (Caldwell Sisters, #3)
Thrill Me (Caldwell Sisters, #2) Entice Me (Caldwell Sisters, #3) Her Hot Pursuit: The Caldwell Sisters Trilogy The Kiss Test