Start by marking “Solving the Communion Enigma: What Is to Come” as Want to Read:
Solving the Communion Enigma: What Is to Come

Solving the Communion Enigma: What Is to Come (Communion #6)

The bestselling author probes the ultimate significance behind today's increasing reports of UFOs, alien abductions, crop circles, and other unexplained phenomena-and what they mean for humanity's immediate future.

In 1987 writer Whitley Strieber exposed the world to the truth about alien abduction in his landmark memoir, "Communion." For the first time in years, Strieber r
Published January 1st 2012 by Tarcher (first published January 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Solving the Communion Enigma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solving the Communion Enigma

Ray Foy
Jul 15, 2012 Ray Foy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Whitley Strieber's book, Communion, came out in 1988, it was the first major work on the UFO phenomenon to be published in a while. Strieber was already known as a horror writer and had had some success with his novels, Warday, Wolfen, and The Hunger. So the question surrounding his latest book at the time was: Is he telling the truth, or just trying to make money?

Having followed Mr. Strieber's career and writings since Communion, I believe the former. He is being as honest as it's possible
Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis
Dodie Reed
Jan 07, 2012 Dodie Reed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book on Jan. 4 and started reading it as soon as I opened the package. It took two days to read and was enormously interesting. Streiber goes into every aspect of ufology and gives it new meaning. I am intrigued. I will need to read the book a number of times before I fully integrate his ideas into my psyche. As John Peterson says on the back cover "this will really...push your envelope". It has definitely pushed mine!
Kate Woods Walker
I will admit that I am woefully behind the times when it comes to the paranormal front. I lost track of Whitley Strieber's story somewhere past Communion but before Dreamland. So it was with some trepidation that I picked up Solving the Communion Enigma. Where would our beleaguered storyteller be? What's up with that whole implant thing? Why would a guy trembling with fear keep doing the things that scare him so?

After reading this, I'm all caught up on implants, crop circles, multiverses and Gra
Michael Hughes
Jan 10, 2012 Michael Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in two sittings and was utterly blown away. It's by far the best book about the UFO/encounter experience I have read in a very long time (possibly since the original Communion). Strieber has clearly done a lot of deep thinking about his experiences over the years, and the book is grounded in an agnosticism that I find refreshing and candid. There are more questions than answers here, but it cuts closer to the root of the mystery than dozens of other books on the subject.

The introduc
Armand
Jun 03, 2014 Armand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating, well written, and in my humble opinion, presently in a way which makes the testimony entirely plausible, logical and worthy of critical scientific evaluation. Aside from that, this book really has the potential to leave the reader awestruck. There are concepts and ideas here that are incredibly eye-opening and revelatory and I recommend this book to anyone.

"We feel that our bodies ARE us. My name is Whitley Strieber because I was given that name at birth. But I was somebody before I
George Ramos
Mar 26, 2012 George Ramos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book. Whitley Strieber writes from the heart and lays bare his life once again, delving into his past in this book that's filled with compassion, regret, and amazement. Many parts of the book moved me to tears, particulary when talking about the author's relationship to his wife and the Finders nightmare. Whitley concludes that the "visitors" are very likely NOT aliens from another planet. This is exactly the opposite of what the majority of people think, and it takes courage and convi ...more
Ken
May 03, 2012 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, aliens
Whitley presents the entire UFO enigma of impossible aerodynamics, abductions, appearances of the dead with the 'visitors', crop circles, cattle mutilations, and environmental messages as a massive scheme to facilitate human evolution, and get us to realize that we have a non-physical side to us as well. These are themes he has discussed in prior books as well, but it was nice to revisit the topic and see the way he's woven other evidence into the argument, such as the notion that childhood trau ...more
Adrienne Amborski
Whitley Strieber a huge name in the alien abduction..."Communion" scene takes a 360 dive away from this believe and investigates the entities that have plagued his world since childhood. At times a self help expository, this book did intrigue me and once again as in Graham Hancock's Supernatural:Meetings with Ancient Teachers of Mankind the dwarf/clownish entities appear. I have to believe there is something to the appearance of these beings... fairies of the past, aliens of the present or inter ...more
Linda
Jun 05, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I vaguely remember Whitley Streiber's first book and might have read some of his others but
they must not have made an impression on me. This time I just feel sorry for the man, since
it seems he is trying like crazy to make sense of what he believes has happened to him. I
somehow can't swallow all this although it is my inclination to believe in aliens, spirit beings,
and other strange beings. I want evidence. Get that implant out! Let's see it!
Cynde Moya
Jan 31, 2016 Cynde Moya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's something simultaneously compelling and annoying about Streiber's endless worrying over two or three odd incidents. I laughed when I saw this book, thinking, he's at it again. Even so, it's a good analysis of reality and how we decide what it is. Some good expanding references to other scholars, too.
Andy Nieradko
Dec 01, 2011 Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read all of Whitley Strieber's nonfiction books that deal with the close encounter subject, and this was by far the best. It's an even more thought provoking read than the very first in the Communion series. This book offers some fresh insight and well thought out speculation. Definitely worth reading a couple times.
Hertzan Chimera
Jan 23, 2012 Hertzan Chimera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW ONLINE
the book review (submitted in February and publish-delayed because of health issues) of Whitley Strieber's Solving The Communion Enigma is now online at Scene360.

have just re-read this book, and it's lost none of its spine-tingling power.

Sheldon
Jan 21, 2012 Sheldon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most important books in my library! Whitley has set the compass for us as we move forward into what would otherwise be uncharted territory. Fantastic, thought provoking, emotionally stimulating.
Sidney Fontaine
Jan 21, 2012 Sidney Fontaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whitley Strieber keeps the questions open. His extreme "out there" experiences jump from the page in a very visceral way. Yet he never degrades his journey into a convenient set of sound-bites (as others have done). And that is why I continue to be intrigued and moved by this author's work.
Lynn
Jan 23, 2013 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not giving any thing away - loved it - and worth reading. All I can say is be afraid when finished.
Linda
Oct 17, 2015 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In which the author waxes philosophical about the close encounter experience, and bemoans his falling book sales.
Dana Claycomb
Distressingly new agey. Hell, I don't know what to believe about Strieber's experiences. Won't spend too much time thinking about it.
Diana
Feb 24, 2012 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Encounters of the third kind, crop circles, "visitors" and things that go bump in the night. The author's experiences and theories on E.T.'s. Interesting and food for thought.
Bob Paley
Jul 27, 2012 Bob Paley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oddly moving, unevenly written, mostly agnostic, tuned into the horror that is our present condition.
Sara Harp
Sara Harp rated it liked it
May 16, 2015
Stephen Snead
Stephen Snead rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Stephen Patrick
Stephen Patrick rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Mike
Mike rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2014
Ziggy
Ziggy rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Billy Ferrara
Billy Ferrara rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Tyler Mcauley
Tyler Mcauley rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
David Moore
David Moore rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2012
  • Mount Pleasant
  • The Coming Global Superstorm
  • Written in Stone
  • One Good Hustle
  • Love Me (Starstruck, #2)
  • Kill All Enemies
  • Missing Time
  • Golden Girl (The American Fairy, #2)
  • Passport to Magonia: On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds
  • An Unfinished Woman: A Memoir
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Desire: A Novel
  • The Eighth Tower
  • Internet Slave Master
  • The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects
American writer best known for his horror novels The Wolfen and The Hunger and for Communion, a non-fiction description of his experiences with apparent alien contact. He has recently made significant advances in understanding this phenomenon, and has published his new discoveries in Solving the Communion Enigma.

Strieber also co-authored The Coming Global Superstorm with Art Bell, which inspired t
More about Whitley Strieber...

Communion (6 books)