Start by marking “Heretička kraljica” as Want to Read:
Heretička kraljica

Heretička kraljica

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  17,419 Ratings  ·  1,381 Reviews
Intrige, politika, ljubav, rat i religija.

U strašnom požaru stradala je Osamnaesta dinastija kraljevske obitelji, svi osim Nefertari, nećakinje nekadašnje kraljice Nefertiti. Nefertarina je obitelj stigmatizirana zbog hereze, no ona ipak postaje štićenica faraonove tete i stječe vrhunsko obrazovanje. Uskoro se zaljubljuje u Ramzesa II., i premda se čitav Egipat protivi bra
Mass Market Paperback, Knjiga dostupna svima 74, 318 pages
Published July 2011 by Znanje, Zagreb (first published August 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heretička kraljica, please sign up.

Anne This is about Nefertari, the niece of Nefertiti who is beseiged by the actions of her aunt, the heretic queen. Nefertiti's reputation is a major…moreThis is about Nefertari, the niece of Nefertiti who is beseiged by the actions of her aunt, the heretic queen. Nefertiti's reputation is a major challenge for her descendants who are labeled heretics through no fault of their own.(less)

Sheree
Jan 02, 2009 Sheree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All but especially lovers of Egyptian history
Loved it, loved it, loved it. I don't normally gush about a novel but I enjoyed this even more than 'Nefertiti' & I really didn't want it to end. It was a vivid, captivating page-turner and I thoroughly enjoyed being immersed in the Ancient Egyptian world.
I have been interested in Ancient Egypt since my own school years then helping my sons with assignments on Ancient Egypt; the pharoahs, the Gods, their customs and burial practices, I have always found their highly advanced civilisation fa
Annie
Nov 14, 2008 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People interested in ancient history
Recommended to Annie by: Everyone on my blog!
Shelves: read-in-2008
Soak it up - this is entertainment at its best! Michelle Moran's second novel is an enthralling read that will have you frantically turning pages, completely absorbed in the world she has created for you.

Moran's Egypt is a backdrop for all the guilty pleasure plot points you know you love - sex, power, violence and true love. And her cast of characters are fabulously self-serving and deceitful in a way that makes you keep reading just to find out what they will do to each other next. Some are mo
Kathleen
Moran also wrote Nefertiti and Cleopatra's Daughter, but I only read this one. Set in ancient Egypt, The Heretic Queen is an odd mixture, because it felt sometimes exactly like a romance (and a sexy one) and other times like a historical narrative (with some liberally embellished and possibly fabricated history). For romance readers, it might be a nice cross-genre piece, since it bridges both worlds. For those who like more history, and only the straight dope, this will disappoint.

Setting: Anci
Anasylvia
2.5

Princess Nefetari( Nefer) is the last descendent of the Heretic monachars of Egypt, the infamous Neferitit and her husband Akhenaten. Their reign was one of fear and madness and as a result the people of Egypt still hate and fear anything to do with them. Their memories have been erased and their names are never mentioned. Their only living remnant is Nefertari. Nefer's life is plague
Iset
Mar 10, 2015 Iset rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children Aged 8 - 12
Recommended to Iset by: No one

There are plenty of issues to raise here, a few good but also plenty of bad. The coherence of the plot is noticeably better than in Moran's first effort, "Nefertiti", which felt like a force of nature carried the helpless characters along a raging torrent without rhyme or reason to the conclusion of the novel. This book at least has an objective in mind, and the plot revolves around whether or not Nefertari will succeed or fail in achieving this objective - becoming Chief Wife and exposing the p
Misha
Aug 24, 2010 Misha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
I love historical fiction, especially reading about women rulers. Though I am mostly addicted to reading about the Tudors, I wanted to read something different.
The Heretic Queen is the first Michelle Moran novel I read. Looking at her other books, Michelle seems to have a penchant for Egyptian women rulers.
The Heretic Queen focuses on one of the lesser known queens of Egypt, Nefertari, who was Queen Nefertiti's niece . She is called "The Heretic Queen" since Nefertiti had abandoned the Gods Egyp
Nikki
I was not very impressed with Nefertiti and the follow-up book The Heretic Queen disappointed me even more. While the first half of Nefertiti was largely disappointing, The Heretic Queen suffered from it from start to finish. This novel suffered terribly from first-person point of view. Nefertiti was also first-person but it was Nefertiti's sister, which gave some much-needed distance.

First of all the book, much like it's counterpart Nefertiti, did not capture the essence of Ancient Egypt. Sure
Rebecca Huston
Jul 19, 2012 Rebecca Huston rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one!
I had thought Nefertiti was bad. I didn't think that it couldn't get worse. It did. This fluffy, stupid, tale of Rameses II's great love, Nefertari, is reduced into a tawdry romance full of plotting priests, high-heeled sandals, tolling bells, never ending meals of pomegranate sauced ducks, and other improbabilities. Nefertari is supposedly the niece of Queen Nefertiti, and goes through the novel fearing that someone is gonna find out. Right. And she wants to find out the truth of her 'murdered' ...more
Margaret Chind
Jan 27, 2016 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Margaret by: Michelle Moran

Originally posted on Creative Madness Mama.

*This post has been updated with my new format as of January 27, 2016
with the Ultimate Book Blogger Plugin.*
The Heretic Queen book review
Oh, what a novel! I wish it had not come to an end. Every time I picked up the book to settle in for a read, I was swept into the world of Egypt with Pharaoh's and Warrior Queen's. I was impressed by Nefertiti, Michelle Moran's debut, but The Heretic Queen surpasses my admiration by far.

Our story is told from a first person perspective straight fr

Carey
Sep 21, 2008 Carey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some would call the Pharaoh Akhenaten and his wife Nefertiti visionaries. They ended the polytheistic religion of Egypt and destroyed the greedy and corrupt temples of Amun. They instituted a revolutionary monotheistic system, worshipping one God, the Aten. Unfortunately, thousands of years of religious belief could not be erased so easily. Their reign ended in disaster and the old religious order was restored, ending a line of kings stretching back over a hundred years.

Michelle Moran starts th
liirogue
Oct 20, 2009 liirogue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointing. One of the things I enjoy most about reading historical fiction is being immersed in worlds of the past. Moran fails completely at this, she was never able to bring Ancient Egypt alive.

After thinking on this for a little bit, I think was really bothered me was the theme of the book - you are never good enough for the man you love, you have to change into something you aren't. The main character starts out beautiful, smart, speaks 6 or 7 languages, and is best friends with the
Kathryn
When I first started this book, I initially thought I’d already read a bit too much about Ancient Egypt, having just finished The Visitors, but I think this was just a slow start. Once I got into it, I quite enjoyed it. I did feel that at times it seemed a bit too contemporary in the way people spoke, and while I don’t suppose we have very much to go on to know just how the ancient Egyptians spoke, and if we did have the information, it mightn’t be the easiest to read (even old English
Alisha
Dec 01, 2010 Alisha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I just wasn't that impressed. Nefer wasn't a strong female to me and their "romance" was incredibly unrealistic to me. Character development was really lacking and I didn't like any of her characters. I doubt I'll read anything else by this author.

Lau
Mar 18, 2016 Lau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Si hay algo que me salió completamente por casualidad fue leer este libro después de Nefertiti. No son una serie/saga, aunque bien podrían serlo. En este libro la protagonista y narradora es la hija de Mutni, la narradora de Nefertiti.
En La reina hereje nos enteramos de algo que le ocurrió a Mutni que hizo que realmente agradezca haberlos leído en este orden. Y por cierto, necesito comentarlo para poder hablar de la historia, así que si tienen planeado leer Nefertiti ¡paren de leer!

Nefertar
Lisa
Following on from my re-reading of Moran's Nefertiti , I also re-read the sequel, The Heretic Queen, and this is my revised rating from three to two stars.

In this book, Moran gives us the love story of Nefertari and Ramesses, weaving into it opposition on the basis that Nefertari (fictionally) was the niece of Nefertiti, and the competition between Nefertari and Ramesses' other wife, Istnofret (dubbed "Iset" in the book), in the race to become queen.

I enjoy this book more, partly because Moran
Robin
As the niece of the former Heretic Queen, Nefertari is hated by all of Egypt apart from a few allies, but they are powerful allies that include the Pharaoh, the High Priestess, and the Crown Prince, Ramesses the Great. Nerfertari has to prove that she is a valuable queen for him after spending a whole year being groomed for the position of Chief Wife.

Moran always knows how to craft an enjoyable story and this one is no exception. However, I did have some criticisms. The characters were a little
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
A vast improvement over the author's earlier Egyptian historical fiction novel, Nefertiti. I admit that I had low expectations for this going in, but the plot, the character's struggles (especially Nefertari's for identity and recognition, as opposed to her "aunt"'s for just power/a man) were handled much more maturely and wholly.

This foray into the fascinating world of Egypt's past has a lot more to recommend it than Nefertiti. The characters are more accessible and rounded; the similarities (b
Kayla Edwards
Yep, still just as much in love with this book as I was the last time I read it. This is one of my repeat reads - I just keep coming back to it! A wonderfully woven tale of historical fiction about Egyptian princess Nefertari. A must read!
Traci
Nov 11, 2008 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am crazy for anything Egypt and this book did not let me down. I've read Michelle's previous novel, Nefertiti, and this was just as good. More to come....I am at work right now ;)
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Aug 10, 2011 Nina Life of a Bookworm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miss Ivashkov
Još jedna odlična knjiga Michelle Moran!!! Heretička kraljica je ispunila svako moje očekivanje! Nalazi se rame uz rame s Nefertiti! Svakako preporučam!
Darlene
Oct 16, 2008 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Heretic Queen is another great novel by Michelle Moran-definitely historical fiction at its best! Again, we visit Ancient Egypt and are taken back to this distant land in the past in a wonderful way. I first read Nefertiti, Michelle's first book and although it's not necessary; The Heretic Queen does stand alone quite nicely, I am glad I did. I had some of the background and history and I found it enriched The Heretic Queen even more for me.

This time we are introduced to Nefertari who is act
Amy Bruno
Feb 01, 2009 Amy Bruno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I was a little girl I have had a fascination with Egypt. My mom would buy me books with pictures of Egypt; the pyramids and artifacts and I would just eat it up! I'm not sure what's behind all the fascination, but I like to think that maybe I was there in another life.

Michelle Moran brings me back home in The Heretic Queen. It is a tale of Nefertari, who was hailed as the Warrior Queen by the people in Egypt and was known for her knowledge of 8 languages. Nefertari was the Chief Wife
Zara
Aug 09, 2013 Zara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favourites
WOW!! What another awesome book. This book only took me 4 days to read. I had to carry it with me everywhere and read it at every opportunity I could. I couldn't just stop at the end of a chapter I had to find out what was going to happen next as if my life depended on it!!

This story was about the niece of Neferteti, Nefertari. To begin with I didn't even know Neferteti had a niece much less what her name was. The book talks about the journey that Nefertari had to take to become Ramesses The Gre
Lauren Life Between Reads
Still obsessed with Michelle Moran's work. I'm going to have to take a break for a while simply because the $10 Kindle price tags are killing my wallet.

The Heretic Queen is about Nefertari, who is Nefertiti's niece and Mutny's daughter (Mutny was the MC from Nefertiti). With no family left---her father and brothers died in a fire and her mother died soon after giving birth to Nefer---she grows up in the palace as a princess, playing with Asha and Ramesses like they're her brothers.

Then she hits
Caroline
I had some misgivings about this at first--it starts off with so many of the plot points of Memoirs of a Geisha that I was worried it would turn into an Egyptian version of that, but luckily it's just a short part of the book while Nefertari's being trained to catch Ramesses' eye that things mirror Golden's novel.

Michelle Moran is very good at giving nice descriptions and imagery of Ancient Egyptian life, and while it's hard to be completely accurate about a period we know so little about there'
Heather
Mar 27, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author
I loved this book from the start. The writing style is right up my alley, appropriately descriptive without being excessive, with lots of dialogue. This was my first novel from the Egyptian culture and the days of the great rulers. I wondered what I would think of such a storyline. I found I loved it!

This is the story of Princess Nefertari, most of the storyline taking place before she became queen. The author took a lot of liberties with the storyline, since there are so many gaps in Egyptian h
Jenny
Nov 24, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devika
Aug 27, 2016 Devika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings for this one...
THINGS THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF :
1. If Nefer and Rameses (I'll never get the correct number of s) really had this 'beautiful understanding trusting' relationship, why does she hesitate to tell him the scandals going on in his own court ?? And why does she stop those who want to tell them to him instead, saying "He'll think I sent you out of jealousy." What ?
2. The protagonist somehow came across as PERFECT. No matter what happened, it was NEVER Nefer's
Rio (Lynne)
The Heretic Queen is the follow up to Nefertiti. Even though this is a stand alone book, I recommend you read them in order. Moran takes on an era that is so unknown and weaves a story that takes on a lot of research. Sadly, most of this time period has been erased. This book covers the most important part of Pharaoh Ramesess II The Great's reign and Nefertari's struggle to become his Queen amongst the political games at court. The characters in this story did exist. Once again Moran takes what ...more
Kristy
I have to give credit where credit is due; Michelle Moran sent out to write a historical fiction book based on Nefertari and she did just that. She tried to stay extremely close to facts, not expanding in huge amounts for her stories' sake. When she did waver she mentioned in the back of the book... mostly where "facts" are unknown and it was required to bridge a gap. She is a wonderful story teller; She made me feel so involved and completely sucked me into these characters' Egyptian world.

I c
You'll love this ...: December 2015 - The Heretic Queen 21 34 Dec 28, 2015 03:39AM
Historical Fictio...: October 2015: The Heretic Queen- Spoilers Allowed 9 70 Oct 22, 2015 04:14PM
2017 Reading Chal...: A Book Based on a True Story 1 38 May 30, 2015 09:00PM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 12:19PM
¡¡¡TRAIGAN ESTE LIBRO A ARGENTINA, POR EL AMOR DE DIOS!!! 1 1 Jul 17, 2014 11:16AM
I love this book 5 23 Jul 01, 2014 12:26PM
  • Hand of Isis (Numinous World, #3)
  • Daughters of Rome (The Empress of Rome, #2)
  • Song of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #2)
  • Child of the Morning
  • The Memoirs of Cleopatra
  • When We Were Gods: A Novel of Cleopatra
  • Kleopatra (Kleopatra, #1)
  • Hatchepsut: The Female Pharaoh
  • Poison (The Poisoner Mysteries, #1)
  • The Confessions of Catherine de Medici
  • The Memoirs of Helen of Troy
  • To Defy a King (William Marshal #5; Bigod #2)
  • The Sekhmet Bed (The She-King, #1)

Michelle Moran is the international bestselling author of six historical novels, including Madame Tussaud, which was optioned for a mini-series in 2011. Her books have been translated into more than twenty languages.

A native of southern California, Michelle attended Pomona
More about Michelle Moran...

“You'll know if he loves you by how long he's willing to fight.” 83 likes
“This is how memories are; what seems so clear and unforgettable at one moment vanishes like steam the next.” 46 likes