Start by marking “The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides #6)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,010 Ratings  ·  303 Reviews
Second Sight And Seduction…

Daniel Mackenzie lives up to the reputation of the scandalous Mackenzie family—he has wealth, looks, and talent, and women love him. When he meets Violet Bastien—one of the most famous spiritual mediums in England—he immediately knows two things: that Miss Bastien is a fraud, and that he’s wildly attracted to her.

Violet knows she can’t really con
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
97th out of 2,461 books — 12,430 voters
No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLeanDuke of Midnight by Elizabeth HoytThe Sum of All Kisses by Julia QuinnThe Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie by Jennifer AshleySomewhere to Dream by Genevieve Graham
2013 Historical Romance (July - December)
4th out of 240 books — 579 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*
“You are stronger than you think.” Daniel cupped his hands around her elbows. “And don’t worry, sweet. I’ll be right beside you to make sure you don’t fall.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Daniel and Violet were a wonderful couple, I completely enjoyed their story, but what made me love this one was the Mackenzie family <3
I love every single one of them and it was amazing to see them all so much throughout the book :)

The story

After winning on poker one night, Daniel is offered a woman as payment.
That woman is Violet, t
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Sacrificed Stars

*Spoilers*

photo tumblr_mvecmw15AL1r5lqijo1_500_zps3f2h4idm.gif

“I am pleased to hear it, Mr. Mackenzie. However, if you have come tonight to mock me and my work, I will have to ask you to depart. Or at least wait in the hall.” “Why?” His eyes held an impish twinkle. “Does my mockery disturb th’ spirits?”

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie is the 6th book in the MacKenzies & McBrides series. It is a very good read. I enjoyed it, but something was missing from it , I don't know what, but it just wasn't as good as the first 3
Sammy Loves Books

It's About time! Daniel MacKenzie finds Love!

d

I have loved Daniel MacKenzie ever since he was a young kid running away from home in the first book of this series. I have watched him grow into a brilliant, fun loving, witty man. He can fight, speaks multiple languages, makes friends with ease, and loves the ladies. But he isn't famous or infamous yet.

Uncle Hart had his own personal brothel at my age, where he trained ladies in the art of exquisite pleasure. He trained them, not the other way arou
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 Deliciously Wicked Stars!

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie is the sixth book in the incredibly popular Highland Pleasures series, AKA Those Sexy Mackenzies! This is, of course, Daniel’s story, one I’ve been waiting for for a very long time!
Second Sight And Seduction…

Jennifer Ashley
Daniel's story. Title has changed to The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
October 2013 is long time away. *sigh*

Two years later...

Was Daniel Mackensie's story worth the wait? (Years, people! YEARS!!!) It saddens me to say no.

Each character had his/her strengths, but together they lacked chemistry. There were lovely declarations, sweet love scenes, a little bit of adventure; yet this story dragged. I wasn't convinced by Daniel's powerful attraction to Violet. Surely, he's seen beautiful women before! An attraction starting at an intellectual level would have made mor
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Audio Book Review Only

DNF @ 33% - No Rating

While I enjoyed the tone and quality of Angela Dawe's voice - it really is quite lovely - I was disappointed in the narration, specifically that 25 year old Daniel sounds like a 50 year old asthmatic and Violet like she could be his 45 year old brother. Yes, brother.

Needless to say, it makes it a bit difficult to enjoy the romance with both the hero and heroine sounding like men when it's not a m/m read.

Since I DNF'd the audio book I'll not be giving
Jen
Nov 04, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
This was such a treat for me as the Mackenzie clan has always held a special place in my heart. Mainly, Ian Mackenzie; and those who know me know that he has Asperger's like my oldest daughter. So, everytime I read about Ian, I soak it all up and it never fails to touch something deep inside of me. Ian and my daughter have so many characteristics that are the same, at times I feel like I am reading about her. Of course, this book wasn't Ian's book, it was his beloved nephew's. Throughout this se ...more
Beanbag Love
Oct 05, 2013 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it
Finally we get to read Daniel's story! Since we first met him when he was a teenager it's a little strange to see him all grown up and finding love himself. But he's actually a wonderful hero even though I felt slightly dissatisfied by the end.

Daniel meets Violet when a man who owes him money takes Daniel to see this medium he's hosting in lieu of payment. Daniel goes along for the ride but is soon disgusted by his peer and the snooty bunch of young lords that accompany them. He feels sympathy f
Kath S
Dec 03, 2013 Kath S marked it as to-read
description

description
Lady Wesley
Oct 15, 2013 Lady Wesley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review will be rather short, because this book is so darn good that I don’t want to give away any more of the plot than appears in the publisher’s blurb.

Let me begin, though, with a couple of caveats. Jennifer Ashley has written six novels and two novellas in the Highland Pleasures series, and I have adored each of them. So I’m a huge fangirl. She is an excellent writer, with a first-rate command of the English language. Her plots hum along smoothly, her characters are compelling, and the
Gina
Oct 26, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
I love Jennifer Ashley, and her Highland Pleasures Series is one i especially love!! I have been waiting impatiently when I heard Daniel Mackenzie was getting his own story…..

The title of this book is perfect in explaining Daniel, he is wicked. He has wickedly wonderful hands, kisses body (oh my), wickedly sensual smile and a wicked sense of humor., wickedly intelligent mind etc etc. And while I loved Daniel, he did appear to be too good to be true. The man had no faults, and while it bothered m
Minh
Oct 09, 2013 Minh rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Daniel and Violet, I wanted so much to love their story, after watching Daniel grow up in the background of the MacKenzie novels it's hard that I didn't love this story. The problem was, and it's an issue I have with many of these unbalanced socially romances is the fact that I just didn't find it believable.

I know the entire concept of the historical romance is slightly (ha!) overblown at times but there's still that tint of what if, but when your heroine is a charlatan medium with an unexplai
Laura V.
"-Por mucho que me encante ese empecinamiento con que intentas convertirme en un villano todo el tiempo, voy a acabar enfadándome. Si afirmo que voy a enseñarte todo lo que has perdido de la vida lo digo en serio."

Y eso lo resume un poco. Violet no confía en todo lo que le ofrece Danny, así que la tenemos un poco desconfiada gran parte del libro.
Daniel le entrega todo lo que tiene a Violet, pone su corazón a sus pies esperando no ser rechazado y es lo bastante terco como para ir a buscarla las
M.
Oct 02, 2013 M. rated it it was amazing
So, I've been a followers of this series from the first book, The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie. Typically, series will fizzle out for me, but not this one. Still going strong, baby, still going strong.

I've spent the entire series teetering between my two favorite MacKenzie brothers, Ian and Cameron, unable to decide which one I loved more. Then... then, along came Daniel MacKenzie, the reckless teenager we first met in book one of the Highland Pleasures series. The perceptive, intelligent youn
Keri
Mar 29, 2016 Keri rated it it was amazing
Awesome read! Loved Daniel and Violet as a couple. I just wanted to eat Daniel up, he was just the sweetest guy. I just wished we would have got a few more shots of Lloyd. Can't get enough of these Mackenzies. But I am looking forward to the next McBride book, but dang hate that I have to wait until next yet.
NiteReader
Ugh! The beginning was horrendous but the last half was entertaining. I wanted a better story for Daniel so maybe my expectations were too high.
VeroRinconin
Ay Daniel
Mi reseña en Mi Rinconín de Lectura
Kusanagi
Daniel Mackenzie est un sacré coquin, mais il est surtout, avec son oncle Ian, mon Mackenzie favori. Et son tome me confirme ce que je pressentais dès que je le croisais dans les livres précédents, le chouchou

Bon, manifestement, j'ai personnellement un truc avec les persos qui s'appelle Daniel (Danny, Danno... etc....) Comme c'est le prénom de mon parrain, ça explique peut-être.

Daniel Mackenzie est aussi un amour... il est charmant, il est inventeur, il est têtu.... il pourrait passer presque p
Linda
Daniel Mackenzie , is a true Mackenzie, handsome , rich , enigmatic, brilliant has a little of each of his uncles and father in him.
Daniel is young confident rich young man in the prime of his life and out playing a new card game brought back to England from America ; poker and winning tremendously at it. Winning so much that the aquantance Mortimer who brought the game back with him, has just lost incredibly to Daniel.
Mortimer owes Daniel money ince he has played too deeply but instead talks Da
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
4 Stars

I haven't read a book in this series in awhile so I was happy to return to the world of the Mackenzies. Daniel has been a prominent side character and it was great to see him take center stage. While this was not the most fascinating historical romance I've read, it was entertaining and offered some interesting characters as well as a surprisingly sweet love story.

Daniel Mackenzie is the son of Lord Cameron Mackenzie whose story was told in The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron. He continues the
Laura the Highland Hussy
Dec 30, 2014 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it really liked it
Shelves: highlander-books
Read this review on Got Fiction? book blog

What I love about Jennifer Ashley is that she's not afraid to take risks. Danniel Mackenzie shouldn't be a risk. It's an established, well-written series. But it is. It deviates from the typical Mackenzie/McBride story. Instead of having a broken hero who needs the love of a good woman, here, we see a hero who knows what he's about, even if he's drifting in life, so to speak. He sort of reminds me of Tony Stark from Iron Man. Genius, billionaire, playboy
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Oct 25, 2014 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it really liked it
I’m not sure why I waited so long to read this book, since I have been such a fan of Jennifer Ashley’s Highland Pleasures series up until now. Maybe it was because I had a hard time seeing Daniel as a man instead of the teenage boy he was for so many of the previous books. Regardless, young Daniel has definitely grown up nicely, and I really enjoyed his romance.

At 25, our hero is most assuredly not looking for love when he meets Violet. He was actually just seeking his winnings from a poker game
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Describe The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie in three words

Annie: Charming, Adventurous, Sexy. (Or am I just describing Daniel here? ;P)

Suz: Sexy Balloon Ride!

After watching Daniel grow up, did he meet your expectations?

Annie: Daniel actually turned out more cocky than I expected him to be. But I guess if you have the money and the Mackenizie name backing you up, why wouldn’t you be? I always knew he would be charming, but never to the extent that Daniel was in the book. I adored the balloon r
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Describe The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie in three words

Annie: Charming, Adventurous, Sexy. (Or am I just describing Daniel here? ;P)

Suz: Sexy Balloon Ride!

After watching Daniel grow up, did he meet your expectations?

Heidi Hart
I loved the first four books of this series, the ones that focus on the original four Mackenzie brothers: Hart, Mac, Cameron, and Ian. Later books in the series focus on more distant relations (this one is about Cameron's oldest son, Daniel), and like Stephanie Laurens' Bar Cynster series, things are getting ridiculous.

The main problem with this book is that the plot tries to do way too much. Part of that is a function of the series: every time Ashley brings back a character we know from previo
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Jul 14, 2014 Katrina Passick Lumsden rated it really liked it
I dug this one. The first is still my favorite (and hands down the best written piece of the lot), but this one was much better than the others. That might have a lot to do with the hero, Daniel. Daniel was one of the best characters in the other books, and Ashley really made him shine here. He's mature, open, honest, kind, and engaging. Likewise, Ashley's depiction of a scarred, emotionally abused woman was also quite well done. Violet annoyed me at times, but her behavior fit a believable patt ...more
AerinLuvs
Feb 11, 2014 AerinLuvs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel Mackenzie is grown up! He has learned from the over-the-top amorous exploits of his father Cameron Mackenzie, and is determined to conduct his love life in a less promiscuous way. Violet catches his eye and imagination. He really wants her and follows her to Paris.

The title is what made me give it 4 stars. There was nothing particularly WICKED about any of the deeds Daniel Mackenzie did in this book.

It had sizzling sensuality though so maybe thats what the title refers to?
Aisha
Nov 30, 2015 Aisha rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book from the "MacKenzie & McBrides" series.

I am rating this book a 5-star because this book is muuch better than all the other books of the series. I do NOT "love" the book, however. Many parts of this book have made angry.
I liked this book much better than the other because:
1) Violet was 28 while Daniel was 25. I feel as if the fact that she was older than him made the two of them more compatible with each other.
Let me explain more. I am soo used to historical romances
Melody
I found the first quart a bit boring but the rest of the book was better and I especially liked catching up with the whole Mackenzie tribe.
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Lord of Temptation (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2)
  • The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7)
  • The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
  • The Duke's Tattoo (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse , #1)
  • A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)
  • What Happens in Scotland (Second Sons, #1)
  • The Lass Wore Black (Scottish Sisters #2)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

Mackenzies & McBrides (10 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8)
  • Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9)
  • The Devilish Lord Will (MacKenzies & McBrides, #10)

“But trust me, it's best to face something head on, smash it, and move on with your life. Lingering and wondering, waiting and worrying... that kills you.” 7 likes
“She isn’t just any woman. She’s different.”
“So every man has said since time immemorial.”
“Yes, that’s true. I’ve met plenty of women, Mr. Sutton. From a young age, I have had mistresses whose beauty and skills would astound you. Skills they taught to a young man, because I was ever so rich. I also got to know them—courtesans are living, breathing women, you might be surprised to learn. With dreams and ambitions, some longing for a better life, one in which they won’t have to rely on wealthy men’s sons for survival. I became quite good friends with some of the ladies and am still. And then I met Violet.”
Mr. Sutton was listening but striving to look uninterested. “Another courtesan?”
“She’s neither one thing nor the other. Which is why I say she’s different. She’s not from the upper-class families whose mothers throw their daughters at me with alarming ruthlessness. She’s not a courtesan, selling her body and skills in exchange for diamonds and riches. She’s not a street girl from the gutter, selling her body to survive. She’s not a middle-class daughter, striving to live spotlessly and not shame her parents. Violet faces the world on her own terms, making a living the best she can with the skills she has. And everywhere, everyone has tried to stop her. They’ve used her body to pay their debts. They’ve used her cleverness to bring them clients. They’ve used her skills at understanding people to make them money. Everyone in her entire life has used her in every capacity she has, and yet, she still stands tall and faces the world. They’ve beaten her down at every turn, and still she rises. This is a woman of indomitable spirit. And I want to set her free.”
4 likes