Ready? Set. Raymond!

Ready? Set. Raymond!

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Raymond likes to do everything fast–from brushing his teeth to going to school to making new friends. In three easy-to-read stories, readers follow Raymond on a typical super-fast day, see him make a new friend, and run a race!
Published June 25th 2002 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published June 1st 2002)

Shannon
Oh gee whiz, lookie here. It's a book about a black boy athlete. Because goodness knows the only thing little black boys can do is be athletes. This book gets an extra star for having three stories, TWO of which are not about Raymond playing sports.
Michelle Couey
ready set raymond
large text it is a reading with help rating and step 2 is its classification
I liked the ethnicity in the book with characters of color and with very active lifestyle as they are runners and he is a track star:)
jacky
Read at preschooler story time at the library. Was a bit long. Not especially memorable.
Makiah
Makiah marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Fara B
Fara B added it
Oct 22, 2013
Banitajain
Banitajain marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2011
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson loves bringing books and children together and feels lucky to have two careers that foster this. The children's librarian and author says, "It was destined from the day I was born. My mother found my name in a novel she was reading."

Vaunda's first book, Always Gramma, was selected by the Children's Book Council as a Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studie...more
More about Vaunda Micheaux Nelson...
Bad News for Outlaws: The Remarkable Life of Bass Reeves, Deputy U. S. Marshal No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller Almost to Freedom Who Will I Be, Lord? Mayfield Crossing