Start by marking “The 6 Husbands Every Wife Should Have: How Couples Who Change Together Stay Together” as Want to Read:

Clinical psychologist and radio host Dr. Steven Craig offers a revolutionary book that helps couples identify the six different people they need to become over the course of their relationship in order to grow together rather than apart.

Throughout his career as a marriage counselor, Dr. Craig has identified a common thread in strained relationships: the belief that change
Published February 7th 2012 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The 6 Husbands Every Wife Should Have, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 6 Husbands Every Wife Should Have

Tamara
Jul 02, 2014 Tamara rated it it was amazing
good information on marriage
Christopher White
Mar 03, 2015 Christopher White rated it really liked it
This is not a book about romance...this is a book about "the hard work" part of marriage. You're going to do the hard work anyway, and this book explains how to channel that work into doing the most good. It's about how priorities and perseverance will change and evolve as couples go through each stage of married life...what is and will be expected of the husband, and when, and why...it's about courtship and young-marrieds before the kids come, and then those toddler days when you're so exhauste ...more
Camie
Feb 28, 2014 Camie rated it really liked it
Written by clinical psychiatrist and radio personality Stephen Craig this is a good current audio (2013) about the six stages of marriage and the changes we must go through as we navigate the different stages. Since I an in the 5th stage ( empty nester ) and have been married 32 years. I found this to be a very interesting book because I have recognized that much change is inevitable as your situation changes. The last chapters are devoted to guidelines helping those who want to make change both ...more
joon
Aug 15, 2012 joon rated it liked it
I enjoyed this author's perspective and writing style. I was not a target reader, but read it because I love to study human relationships. I like his personal stories. I also like his frank statements about men and women and the differences between the genders. He has a lot of respect for women and appreciates their strengths. There are also insightful observations on family dynamics and how they affect a married couple. I would recommend this book to engaged couples. And I think anyone who is i ...more
Rob
Oct 01, 2014 Rob rated it it was amazing
How have i not heard about this book before? This is an extremely helpful book for husbands--and wives--to show how to adapt as spouses through the six stages of marriage, from falling in love to the golden years. I would recommend this to any married couple at any stage, but especially to anyone before getting married.
Kesha
Mar 23, 2013 Kesha rated it it was amazing
A must read before you even think about embarking on a relationship let alone a marriage. Craig has a sensible, manageable delivery that will garner instant results if both parties are willing to change. I will relay all the info to my children when they are contemplating settling down so they can have healthy, meaningful relationships that will bring them joy. Truly love this read.
Laurie
Jun 23, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audiobook and really enjoyed it. The title made me giggle thinking it was about pologomy but it wasn't that at all. It talked of different stages of marriage many couples face, I felt it was insightful with humor mixed in. I felt like I could relate to it and excited to use some of the tips.
Cynthia
Apr 03, 2012 Cynthia rated it really liked it
No, it's not an endorsement of polyandry. Important advice to men AND women about how to grow and change with their marriage. Many couples will be able to implement this on their own, but some would benefit by assistance from a couples' counselor in using these techniques.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Δεν είναι ένα βιβλίο που προσωπικά θα αγόραζα αλλά για το είδος του είναι ιδιαίτερα καλό, διασκεδαστικό, χωρίς κόμπλεξ που αντιμετωπίζει ισότιμα τα δύο φύλα. Σίγουρα έχει πράγματα να δώσει και από κοινωνιολογικής άποψης, έχει ενδιαφέρον!

(Αναλυτικό review αν τελικά κυκλοφορήσει...)
Kathy Sunsdahl
Jul 07, 2012 Kathy Sunsdahl rated it really liked it
I really learned a lot from this book in terms of where my husband and I have been and where we're going. I would recommend this to anyone who is married or thinking of becoming married.
Gene
Apr 01, 2014 Gene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good points for every couple to consider.
Mayers
Jul 08, 2015 Mayers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
One of the best relationship books I have ever read. Truly. I think ever couple - no matter their stage of marriage or pre-marriage - should get this book and read it together.
Mark Hanson
Jan 29, 2016 Mark Hanson rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended for anyone in any stage of relationship. Practical advice.
Christi Thomas
I didn't finish it. I started feeling well duh! in some instances. Since I agreed with the premise, I felt like that's all I needed to read.
Nora Lipfeld
Sep 30, 2013 Nora Lipfeld rated it really liked it
VERY interesting! In a nutchell: Embrace change!
Barbara
Jan 19, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
Six stages of marriage--a guideline on how to make marriage evolve throughout the years. This old horse could use some new tricks.
Lauma Čerņevska
Jan 29, 2015 Lauma Čerņevska rated it really liked it
Pārdomām spēcīgā grāmata par savstarpējām attiecībām un pašsaprotamām lietām dažādām veida attiecībās.
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2012
Nicole Davis
Nicole Davis rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Sandra Hensley
Sandra Hensley rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Cat
Cat rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Sharice George
Sharice George rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Dj
Dj rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Wade Anderson
Wade Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Wade Anderson
Wade Anderson rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“If you or your spouse feel that one person’s feelings and needs should take a backseat in your marriage, I urge you to reevaluate your relationship (and your self-esteem). When there is a significant power imbalance within the relationship, the powerless person inevitably feels left out, depressed, and lonely. That is where the marital problems come from.” 1 likes