Start by marking “Boy of the Pyramids: A Mystery of Ancient Egypt” as Want to Read:
Boy of the Pyramids: A Mystery of Ancient Egypt

Boy of the Pyramids: A Mystery of Ancient Egypt

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
At any time and in any place, when there is a mystery to be solved, a ten-year-old boy will want to have a hand in it. So it was with Kaffe, an Egyptian boy of long ago. With his friend Sari, a slave-girl, Kaffe had many adventures—the harvest feast, the fight of the bulls, the flood. Then came the mystery of the pyramid’s missing jewels and a dark night when Kaffe, his fa ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Literary Licensing, LLC (first published 1952)

To ask other readers questions about Boy of the Pyramids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boy of the Pyramids

Cee
A great living book. It gives another view of ancient Egypt, this time from an Egyptian noble family. After enjoying the stories of Moses and Joseph repeatedly, my older girl is interested in this story. We are still reading the story together, as a read-aloud, but I already went ahead and finished it.
Teresa
I knew this was a children's book, but the target audience was younger than I expected.

It's a nice little story and older kids can pick up a few tidbits of Ancient Egyptian history in the reading, but it's better real aloud to younger kids ( ages 5 - 10) and the olders just reading it to themselves.
Angela
I wasn't going to read this book. I was simply going to let my daughter read it for her history lessons. However, after reading a paragraph for her dictation, I became interested. This was a shorter book and I was able to read it in just a few hours, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Debbie
I really shouldn't rate this, but Isaiah's read it about 6 times this year. My goal is to read it this summer before Aaron gets to it!
Texas
Enjoyed this book to compliment Ancient Egypt studies.
Lori
Lori added it
Dec 20, 2014
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Blythe
Blythe marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Aug 01, 2014
Colleen Davis
Colleen Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Cyndie
Cyndie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Changzheng Rao
Changzheng Rao marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Shawn Rogers
Shawn Rogers marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Massiel
Massiel marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013