Start by marking “Vegetable Glue (Books For Life)” as Want to Read:
Vegetable Glue (Books For Life)

Vegetable Glue (Books For Life)

If things start falling off your body, its time to reach for the Vegetable Glue. Water and tear resistant picture book. Ages 3+
Unknown Binding
Published July 24th 2004 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Vegetable Glue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetable Glue

Jori
Jan 31, 2014 Jori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books4class
I would not read this to my nieces not until they were old enough to understand that their body parts aren't actually going to fall off. She still thinks when I read the 5 little monkey book, that they are jumping on her bed. She gets upset with that. I could not imagine telling her this story and she would just simply move on. She would probably fear her body parts would definitely fall off.

Great for a silly book for older children probably or at least a kid who understands that these stories
Michael
Aug 01, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
This is the story of a young girl who is learning about the side effects of not eating her vegetables. Her body parts are falling off and she requires vegetable 'glue' to stick them back on! After getting some inspiration from her granny she soon changes her ways.

It's a humorous tale and rhymes very well making it an easy read. It is a good motivational tool to get the kids eating their greens.
Missus B's  Picture Book Reviews
Jul 03, 2015 Missus B's Picture Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: non-vegetable lovers,parents of non-vegetable lovers,smug vegetarians,parents,teachers,children
Shelves: funnies, rhyming
A comical story,with funny rhyming text,quirky illustrations and a non-preachy message about healthy eating. This is a laugh-out-loud read, with Tim Burton-ish illustrations. See a child video review and read more from my blog page here : http://missusbspicturebookreviews.blo...
Alex
Apr 27, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As someone who used to hate all but three vegetables as a kid but now likes all of them (except parsnips), I thought this book was great. It appealed to me as an adult and appealed to my nostalgia, and it was funny and had great illustrations on top of it.
Several of my coworkers (I work at a library circulation desk) found it less terrific and more disturbing than I did, though.
Abbie Baines
Jan 25, 2014 Abbie Baines rated it it was amazing
A rhyming book about a cake obsessed child who's limbs and facial features fall off if she doesn't eat her greens. Beautifully illustrated and a lovely way of promoting healthy eating in young children suitable for KS1 and EYFS children.
Ruth Govaerts
Nov 30, 2013 Ruth Govaerts rated it liked it
Een enigszins luguber verhaaltje dat kindjes moet aanzetten om hun groentjes op te eten.
Ik vind het wel een leuk gedichtje maar ik zou het zelfs als kleutertje maar een beetje vies vinden.
De illustraties zijn mooi, subtiel en op een naïeve manier uitgewerkt!
Lisa
Jan 05, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This is a board book for kids that is disturbing and funny and a great short read. I like books that rhyme and I like books that make kids laugh and this book does both.
Louisa
May 22, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Fab sillyness!
Renel Ralston
Oct 11, 2011 Renel Ralston rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
funny book to scare your kids into eating vegetables. It is fun to try and pull my son's parts off and ask if he has had his greens :)
Natalie Angela Martin
Jan 23, 2008 Natalie Angela Martin rated it it was amazing
Hahahahahaha...LOVED IT! LOVED IT!
This book gets everybody laughing out loud!!!
And it will encourage you to eat your greens!!!!!!
This book is a KEEPER!!!!
Anne
Jan 01, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun. Enjoyed by. My four year old granddaughter.
Rebecca
Nov 30, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Maybe I need to read this to my grandson to scare him into eating his veggies.
Ali
Oct 26, 2008 Ali rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Funny, beautiful and irresistable to small children.

The illustration style reminded me a little of Oliver Jeffers (The incredible book eating boy).
Kate
I have been reading this picture book on and off for ten years to my class visits and during preschool storytime. I love the little girl in the story. Reminds me of my niece.
Tian
Tian rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
James Mclaren
James Mclaren rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Bee Bee
Bee Bee rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2012
La Stanzetta Inglese
La Stanzetta Inglese rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Magdalena
Magdalena rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
elle and esme gosling
elle and esme gosling rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
R.Grewal
R.Grewal rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2014
Tom
Tom rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2016
Katrina Appleyard
Katrina Appleyard rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Camille Lucas
Camille Lucas rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015