Start by marking “Waarom mannen seks willen en vrouwen liefde nodig hebben” as Want to Read:
Waarom mannen seks willen en vrouwen liefde nodig hebben

Waarom mannen seks willen en vrouwen liefde nodig hebben

Wat willen vrouwen nu echt? Hoe denken mannen over een relatie? Hoe ga je om met vreemdgaan? Hoe zit de biologie van de liefde in elkaar? En waarom is liefde geven zo belangrijk? Als het op liefde en seks aankomt, zijn de verschillen tussen mannen en vrouwen pas goed merkbaar. We kunnen alles bepalen en naar onze hand zetten, maar de liefde blijft iets ongrijpbaars...In Wa ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Spectrum (first published 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about Waarom mannen seks willen en vrouwen liefde nodig hebben

Jun 15, 2010 Rocio rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is an essentialist worthless book and an epic piece of trash.
Simply repackages stereotypes that are palatable to "traditional" Western values.

Tries to prove through pseudoscience (aka bad evolutionary psychology) how ALL men are horndogs who are always ready for sex, and how women who actually enjoy casual sex must be damaged (have self-esteem issues) or been masculine (have high testosterone) and how men ONLY do *anything* for women ever as brownie points for sex, and how women are
Mike Smith
Jul 28, 2011 Mike Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
According to the authors, our attitudes towards sex and love are strongly influenced by our basic evolutionary history and biological needs. Men can't be sure that any given baby is theirs (the book says that studies show that about 10% of children born to married couples are not the husbands' biological children), so they are driven to have sex with as many women as possible to have a reasonable chance of fathering children. Women, on the other hand, know exactly which babies are theirs since t ...more
Shirin Abdel Rahman
I am a Big fan to all Allan and Barbra Pease books but this one is so far my favorite and here is why:
This book is not a dating book so ladies do not expects strategies about how to get a Diamond ring or to find Mr Right also men wont find advices about how to get laid!!
This book is more like Mars and Venus series part for men and part for women so it is not a girly book at all.
Nowadays a woman can be a lawyer,engineer and even a president and a Defense Minster,so you can study like a man,eat li
Just in the style of its title, the book establishes its theme in a very simple and direct manner. It stresses repeatedly that the two sexes behave almost completely differently, due to their biological and psychological "hard wiring", which has not changed from primitive humans to civilized ones.

Since the authors are not formally trained scholars (not much reputation is at risk), one obvious question is how much this book can be trusted. As I only listened to the audio book I could not see the
Mia Prasetya
Nov 29, 2011 Mia Prasetya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bbi

Heboh juga judul buku yang saya jadikan buku non fiksi untuk posting bareng #BBI bulan November. Sama seperti bicara soal cinta, berbicara hubungan pria dan wanita sepertinya memang tidak ada habisnya. Buku karangan sepasang suami istri Allan Pease dan Barbara Pease mengungkapkan akan apa sebenarnya yang diinginkan kaum pria dan wanita dalam suatu hubungan. Didasari dengan penelitian dan riset, mereka mencoba mencari jawaban dari apa itu cinta? Apakah benar pria lebih tertarik dengan seks
Jul 23, 2013 Nermy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-hard-copy
I liked and enjoyed reading it. It focused on The scientific and biological basis of human relations; love, attraction, sex, ... How: our brains and hormones act and interact inside and reflected outside in our actions.
Very interesting. Though, I don't like the way it covers human relations in a very practical way ignoring but even bluntly denying that mystical relation that turns on flame. I believe, the issue is spiritually followed by chemical then biological Interactions.
Also, I believe th
Dec 06, 2012 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a longer time to finish this book because it is not the usual genre I read. I like the book though. Although it is criticized for only analyzing love from the aspect of science and not a bit from the aspect of emotion, I think it is a good read. The facts are really based on scientific research and papers. There's nothing wrong to learn a little bit more. Plus the comics and little jokes in the book are cute and funny. Just don't take it too seriously and you will find yourself reading a ve ...more
Void lon iXaarii
Sep 09, 2013 Void lon iXaarii rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It certainly is a delightfully politically incorrect book, with each chapter told alternatively from the male/female perspective it certainly is probably a hard to digest book for many, but for those who can take it there's some really good info in there. Also as a bonus there's a shocking amount of surprisingly subtle humor (even to unexpectedly socially rare points).
May 15, 2010 Aimee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK book to quickly breeze through, but wouldn't base a romantic relationship on this book. However, it does provide some insight on the way both genders view both relationships and non-relationships.
Juliette (Ladybug)
buku ini bagus sekali, mengisahkan isi kepala dn kemauan laki-laki pada perempuan, dan mengisahkan perbedaan sex laki-laki dan perempuan

kalian must read!
Anintya Novitasari
Unfortunately, this book contain the 'west people' point of view. So there are several things that different with the condition in Indonesia and it can't be applied.
Jun 21, 2011 sabisteb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sachbuch
Wieder ein neues Buch der Erfolgsautoren Allan und Barbara Pease. Diesmal widmen sie sich dem Thema, das am meisten Stress zwischen den Geschlechtern erzeugt: Sex.
Gestützt auf wissenschaftliche Studien (die im Anhang zum nachlesen wissenschaftlich korrekt gelistet sind) untersuchen sie, warum die Menschheit die einzige Art ist, die bei der Partnersuche Probleme hat. Dabei werden Klischees, die bisher eher auf Erfahrungen begründet waren durch wissenschaftliche Fakten und Messungen belegt und unt
Fernando Delfim
“Fiquei seis meses sem falar com minha mulher só pra não a interromper”

Com um excelente sentido de humor e suportado cientificamente consegue-se compreender as causas e consequências genéticas das diferenças de reacções entre homens e mulheres.

“Marido que ensina a mulher a dirigir está a caminho de uma ação de divórcio”

“O casal está deitado na cama. Ele, silencioso, concentra o olhar no teto. Ela pensa, aflita:
- Provavelmente nem sabe que existo… Acho que não gosta mais de mim… Será que está se
Wil Roese
Mar 03, 2011 Wil Roese rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shallow people
This book is a little shallow in that it only looks at the biological aspects of love and totally ignores the spiritual aspects. It also downplays friendship. While friendship is mentioned as one of the seven types of love, it is not mentioned in the three phases of love. This may be the way a most relationships actually happen but it is also the problem with most relationships. When there in no real friendship in the beginning than there is nothing remaining after the passion is gone.

I did, how
Dec 06, 2014 Waseem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WTF?! Crazy book filled with stereotypical talk and even sexist remarks? (and no it's not because I don't have a sense of honour) so that's saying something

While I gave this book 2 stars - only based on what lil thing I found useful about the book - sharing some scientific research behind some of what the author covered - but really should be 1 start of not ZERO STARS

- really the advice is actually terribly dangerous because the method it's being taught as is based on the idea that YOUR partner
Jan 07, 2014 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relationships
This book is a mixed bag. On the one hand, it seems to be a collection the conventional wisdom on gender difference backed up by evolutionary biology / psychology pseudoscience. And yet, there is a reason why conventional wisdom has developed and not all the science is junk. I think this can be a useful book in understand the general inclinations of many people. There are some unfortunately tendencies described in this book which I think are common among men and women. I think learning about the ...more
Apr 26, 2013 Lucian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is the best ( meaning it has every concept ) from the entire series these authors wrote on this topic.
I agree that somethings might be considered by some people ( male or female ) challenging and maybe a little offensive, but the theory behind has enough qualities to be regarded as being a good approximation of the reality.
The language is very accessible and every few pages there are some small jokes.
One advice before reading this book: position yourself in a mindset of a sci
May 29, 2013 Stasy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Это одна из тех книг, про которые можно сказать "Начали за здравие, а кончили за упокой". Первые несколько глав были интересными, открывали много нового, но начиная с середины повествование стало "жидким". Новая информвция почти отсутствовала, постоянно присутствовали идентичные с другими главами абзацы из разряда copy-paste, что было не очень приятным и испортило впечатление о книге. Казалось, что авторам нечего сказать, но при этом установлено количество необходимых страниц, и они решили напис ...more
Aug 06, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it
Ik heb het boek ervaren als erg interessant. Het gebruik van de vele stereotypen vond ik juist wel grappig, maar dat kwam vooral door de manier waarop het werd gebracht. Daarnaast stonden er echt leuke facts in waar ik zelf nog vanop keek. Ook het hoofdstuk met '10 dingen van mannen die vouwen niet snappen' vond ik leuk om te lezen. Ik herkende zeker een aantal van deze 10.

Het boek is niet helemaal uit mijn genre, dus ik had ook wat moeite om het boek volledig door te lezen. Uiteindelijk is dit
Jun 15, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A handful of sections are rambling and disjointed, and sometimes I feel like the ends of some of the chapters are a nonsensical thought dump. Minor quibbles aside though, this book does a wonderful job of breaking down the differences between men and women when it comes to sex. There's no sugar coating here, and both parties are held equally responsible for their evolutionary upbringing. All is not lost though, and maybe with the power of this knowledge and the handy human attribute of free will ...more
Πέτρος Παπαγεωργίου
If one accepts the science and research backing this book up, the book is very good and informative. Do i have any doubts? not really but as all books of the same kind they tend to generalize... Other than that I would say, very well written, and definitley the kind of book that can help couples understand each other better... In fact I suggest, once read, it would be good to dip into it every now then in order to remind each other what to do and how to deal with problems...

A good book!
Oct 27, 2013 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent look over men and women's real differences and how to understand and live with them.

To accept the differences is to walk a path to understanding and acceptance between both sexes and also provide a better relationship.

All theories are trully identifyable in every day situation and supported by scientific data.

I really reccomend everyone to read it.

It's a light and funny reading, full of fun and handy information.
Vladimir Rybalko
Generally, this book does not describe anything new. Authors simply systematize all known knowledge. Although, they do it well. The book consists of many useful advices about human relationships. If you read this, you will get a good experience for building a strong relationships. In whole, you can understand the opposite sex better.
In the end I want to quote very good words: "Men and women are different. We are not better or worse than each other. We are just different!".
If stereotypes upset you, definitely not a book I would recommend (also very not politically correct ) :D

I enjoyed reading the book, laughed out loud, got frustrated some other times finding myself reflected in the descriptions. A pleasant light reading that made me think, and where I found that love at first sight truly exists (though not how romance books usually picture it).
Sandra Gallegos
Jun 22, 2015 Sandra Gallegos rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Me he encontrado tal sarta de machismos y prejuicios en las primeras páginas de este libro, que he sido absolutamente incapaz de continuar. Me estaba poniendo enferma, en serio. Era abandonarlo o revolear el ebook, y, teniendo en cuenta que todavía tengo otros muchos libros por leer en el kindle, me he decantado por la primera opción. Aunque ganas no me han faltado de revolear el libro.
Jul 14, 2012 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting and at times scary insight into the psychology behind relationships. There are of course many common sense facts in here, then there are some facts about women that are incorrect about me, but mostly it is an eye opening read. Still I feel like I have more questions than answers after reading this book.
John Gurney
Feb 02, 2014 John Gurney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pleasant surprise find! This book uses evolutionary biology and myriad academic studies to look at male-female relationships. Be forewarned, this book is about how people really act and what really motivates them, not necessarily what religious or politically correct people wish to be the case. The narrative style is amusing, even whimsical.
After hearing the authors on the radio a while back, I wanted to read their book. It's interesting and full of anecdotes about relationships, a llot of which I already knew. But it was written with levity and I'm sure that anyone who reads it will get something out of it! Fortunately for me, I am in a great relationship and most of their advice is unnecessary for me!
Aug 26, 2011 Sugan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title says it all, "Why men want sex and women need love". The point explained in first 6 chapters men and women behave in such a way because they are hardwired in such a way. The text becomes boring repeating the same point.

The remaining chapters are interesting but they are also so long to convey the message.
Anirudh Tiwari
Nov 16, 2015 Anirudh Tiwari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
brilliant book if you're into how evolution shaped our minds and how we are wired differently which explains how we behave differently. most of his books are based on this but this one talks more with focus on attraction. would recommend all his books tbh.
  • Mars and Venus in the Bedroom: A Guide to Lasting Romance and Passion
  • Luke And Jon
  • Love Signals: A Practical Field Guide to the Body Language of Courtship
  • The Body Language Bible: The hidden meaning behind people's gestures and expressions
  • Receiving Love: Transform Your Relationship by Letting Yourself Be Loved
  • Anger: The Misunderstood Emotion
  • The Nice Girl Syndrome: Stop Being Manipulated and Abused -- And Start Standing Up for Yourself
  • Coming Apart: Why Relationships End and How to Live Through the Ending of Yours
  • Who's Been Sleeping in Your Head?: The Secret World of Sexual Fantasy
  • The Hairy Dieters Eat For Life
  • Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists, And Other Sex Offenders
  • Understand Your Man: Secrets of the Male Temperament
  • Christmas in Seattle
  • Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them: When Loving Hurts and You Don't Know Why
  • Men Who Can't Love: How to Recognize a Commitment Phobic Man Before He Breaks Your Heart
  • The Philosophy of Friendship
  • What Women Want Men to Know: The Ultimate Book About Love, Sex, and Relationships for You and the Man You Love
  • The Multi-Orgasmic Couple: Sexual Secrets Every Couple Should Know
Allan Pease is an Australian author and motivational speaker. Despite having no education in psychology, neuroscience, or psychiatry, he has managed to establish himself as an "expert on relationships".

Originally a musician, he became a successful life insurance salesman, he started a career as a speaker and trainer in sales and latterly in body language. This resulted in a popular sideline of aud
More about Allan Pease...

“A three-year old was examining his testicles while taking a bath.
'Mom,' he asked,'are these my brains?'
'Not yet.' she replied.”
“A real man would never cry in public unless he was watching a movie in which a heroic dog died to save its master.Or if Heidi klum unbuttoned her blouse. Or he accidently dropped a full case of beer.” 7 likes