Start by marking “Japanese Art of Reiki” as Want to Read:
Japanese Art of Reiki

Japanese Art of Reiki

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Reiki techniques originated in Japan, in an intensely spiritual period of that country's history. This fully-illustrated book traces the system's evolution from a spiritual self-development system to a direct hands-on practice. The journey moves from Japan to the USA, out to the world, and back to Japan. Focussing on the basic elements in their historical context, this gui ...more
Published May 11th 2010 by O-Books (first published April 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Japanese Art of Reiki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Japanese Art of Reiki

Kristie Hayes
This is a really interesting book. It encompasses the history of Reiki and the original precepts, exercises, and ideas behind it.

I am currently a Reiki level I practitioner. I am being taught in the Western-based traditions that work with the chakras. This book has definitely piqued my interest, and I hope that once I am at the Master level I can study Reiki more in depth and based on a more original system.
Luminea
This book presented the traditional Japanese roots and practice of Reiki in an easy to follow manner. The pictures helped to enrich my understanding and I liked how the authors provided suggestions for building a daily routine stressing the importance of self-healing. The more we work on and heal ourselves, and the more Ki that flows through us and our lives, the more positive an effect we will have on others and the world around us. This is a helpful and inspiring book for Reiki practitioners f ...more
Shelley
Brownwen and Frans (her husband) Stiene are impeccable representatives and tireless teachers. They have devoted their lives to sharing the wisdom and spiritual practice of Usui Mikao. This book, along with the Steines' continued offerings through CD meditations, trainings around the world, newsletters, webinars, on-to-one support for the practice...all combined, deserve 5 star rating-PLUS. They are exemplars in carrying forward Usui Reiki Ryoho. (deep bow)
Tessa LiftYourSpirit
Fantastic book, covering both the theory and historical background to Reiki, as well as offering a practical guide to practising Reiki and encorporating it into your daily life! Must have for everyone who wants to learn more about Reiki and those who are serious about their practise and want to ensure they are true to the traditional practice of Reiki.
Sara
This is an outstanding book for anyone considering whether or not they're interested in training in Reiki, as well as for anyone who is already trained and wishes to have a better understanding of the pure Japanese tradition in Reiki.
Teri Cotterrell
I am about to start the level 1 reiki course that goes with this book. It takes alot for me to get into a book but i cannot put it down. I find it very easy to read and make a lot of sense with the course.
Sirpa Grierson
Quite well written and researched. The Steines, Australian reiki practitioners, have done their homework. Nice background reading on Usui's lineage and work.
Brooklyn
the best practical guide for learning the actual practice (but i don't recommend getting into it without classes and a reiki master to guide you...)
Craig Gilbert
Dec 03, 2007 Craig Gilbert rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Practitioners.
Cuts through all the horse huckey and new age additions when Reiki came West. A must.
Pixiep
A brillant book that every Reiki practitioner needs to read.
Cloay
May 09, 2011 Cloay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
- available in SG NLB 615.852 (Sengkang)
Kris
Very informative. Highly recommend.
lindsay
Beautifully written, direct.
Alka
Alka marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Giselle Hoffman
Giselle Hoffman marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Davood
Davood marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Soung Ah
Soung Ah marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Gursewak Singh
Gursewak Singh marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Pawel Olszewski
Pawel Olszewski is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bronwen has influenced global research into the system of Reiki since the early 2000s through her writing and research skills and co-founded The International House of Reiki and Shibumi International Reiki Association. Her down-to-earth manner and natural curiosity have enabled her to see through the numerous myths and inaccuracies that have existed in the system. This stimulated her to write a nu ...more
More about Bronwen Logan Stiene...
The Reiki Sourcebook Your Reiki Treatment: How to Get the Most Out of It Reiki Relaxation: Guided Healing Meditations Beginning Reiki, Beginning Healing A-Z of Reiki Pocketbook: Everything You Need to Know About Reiki