Start by marking “The Sex Slave Murders: The True Story of Serial Killers Gerald & Charlene Gallego” as Want to Read:

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A marriage made in hell... Barely five feet tall, sweet and innocent looking, Charlene Gallego used all of her charms to beguile pretty teenage girls and young women into the back of a van, where her lethal husband, Gerald, lay waiting. A killer couple bound together by secrets, lies, and sex slave fantasies... Married multiple times and still in his early thirties, Gerald ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Createspace (first published April 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sex Slave Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sex Slave Murders

Bark's Book Nonsense
Narrated by Barbara Whitesides
Unabridged 5 hours and 8 mins
Published by Spoken Word Inc
Released 11/30/11

There must be something twisted in me because I can’t seem to resist reading these true life accounts of couples who go on killing sprees, even though they always leave me feeling drained, depressed and slightly sick to my stomach. I guess it’s my nosiness. I always wonder how someone is able to commit such awful crimes against another human for the simple thrill of it. And when there are two
Bernie Weisz
Review Written By Bernie Weisz, Historian, Vietnam War April 9, 2013 Pembroke Pines, Fl. USA Contact: BernWei1@aol.com Title of Review: "The Sex Slave Murders: The True Story of Serial Killers Gerald & Charlene Gallego"
This book, "The Sex Slave Murders" by R. Barri Flowers, published in 1995, is the story of Gerald and Charlene Gallego, a husband and wife serial killing team that over a 26 month period between 1978 and 1980, the pair went on a rein of terror covering 3 states, and committed
Catherine Martin
Another true crime novel. And the name is more lurid than the book. This is the story of a couple who committed serial murders because of the husband sexual compulsions. Interesting story about how a girl who grew up with “everything” in an upper middle class family with doting parents got ensnared by a man who apparently had no moral compass. I listened on audiobook.
Roz Curney-Sherod
Had the audio version of this book through my local public library. Good story and it gave me the creeps. Couldn't get it out of my head! It's amazing what some woman will do to not be alone.
Darcy
Not enjoying this book. Very little detail; author jumps around. Poorly written, in my opinion. I have a rule--I must finish every book I start, as occasionally a book improves nearer the end. Here's hoping this book does....
Tracy
Decent short story about a crazy crime spree. Did not blow me away but better than some I've read.
Katya
I read this book on the Kindle. The free sample was engaging enough to convince me to buy it.... but then the book went downhill. It became a very dry read. The author just reported facts or quoted dialog- there was no emotion in the story and the characters all seemed very flat. Finally it jumped to the trial section, but that was also a bad read. It was like hearing about the trial from a newspaper reporter instead of actually seeing it with your own eyes. The last %15 of this book was simply ...more
Echoloria
Dec 08, 2012 Echoloria rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who have not heard of this case.
Shelves: true-crime
Review of The Sex Slave Murders

If you have not heard of or read anything on this particularly gruesome duo, this book is worth reading, and I wonder if others put it down asking themselves the same things I am asking myself.

There are pertinent points mentioned in Encyclopedia of Serial Killers that was totally left out of the aforementioned book.
Sophia
Wow! I am totally stunned at the humanity or lack there of in some people. This book was well written and I absolutely enjoyed how the author brought forth the story of Gerald and Charlene Gallego. This book would have gotten five stars if not for the portrayal of Charlene as some kind of a victim. She is every bit as responsible, cold, calculating, and more as her 'husband' Gerald.
Frances
Read this twice.... Since I live in the area of these crimes it was very thrilling... I had moved to Arbuckle from Sacramento and had to read the book again since the Husband was from Arbuckle,.. I did look for the family of the Gagalos but no one new anything of them.
Dennis
IT'S A LITTLE HARD TO RATE A NON FICTION BOOK BUT I FOUND THIS TO BE WELL WRITTEN ABOUT ACTUAL CRIMES COMMITTED IN THE LATE 1970'S. EVERYTIME I READ A BOOK OF TRUE LIFE CRIME STORIES ITS AS THOUGH EACH CRIME IS WORSE THAN THE ONE BEFORE.
Tamara Clark
Not a bad book, it is just scary to know that this kind of evil lived among us. True story and hard subject matter, I got squemish in certain scenes so it ook me longer then usual to finish reading it.
Brenda Elsner
Was interesting. Was a little confusing with the book going back and forth between the past and present. Could have used more detail especially about the girls murdered. What were they like?
Pulchritudinous
As an introduction to information regarding these crimes, this is a fairly good place to start but for more detailed information or any views from law enforcement, this is not the best source.
Patrick
Very lightweight, not too much on details or style. Mostly just a summary and some editorializing on the case. Very breezy read without real insights into the crimes.
Tom Schulte
This is a poorly written account of a husband and wife murder team. The wife is particularly unexplored for motivation until the final chapter.
Eileen
great story but bad writing-disconnected storylines and lack of detail on the case until trial
Cindy Van Iwaarden
Not sympathetic to one player or the other Flowers lets the reader make their own judgment.
Lanae Price
Not very well written.
Tammy Hill
Tammy Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Patricia Pini
Patricia Pini marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Kristin Anderson
Kristin Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jami
Jami marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Obsessed with Tru...: Sex Slaves and Murder 1 20 Sep 20, 2013 01:38PM
  • Dead And Buried: A Shocking Account of Rape, Torture, and Murder on the California Coast
  • No, Daddy, Don't!: A Father's Murderous Act of Revenge
  • I Would Find a Girl Walking
  • The Man Who Killed Boys: The John Wayne Gacy, Jr. Story
  • Death Trap
  • Lethal Marriage: The Unspeakable Crimes of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka
R. Barri Flowers is an award winning criminologist and bestselling author of crime and thriller fiction, crime nonfiction and true crime, relationship novels, and young adult mysteries.

Recent adult mysteries include FRACTURED TRUST, MURDERED IN THE MAN CAVE, BEFORE HE KILLS AGAIN, SEDUCED TO KILL IN KAUAI, MURDER IN HONOLULU: A Skye Delaney Mystery, MURDER IN MAUI: A Leila Kahana Mystery, DEAD IN
More about R. Barri Flowers...
Masters of True Crime: Chilling Stories of Murder and the Macabre Count Dracula's Teenage Daughter (Transylvanica High, #1) Justice Served Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay Dark Streets of Whitechapel (A Jack the Ripper Mystery)