Start by marking “Winter Kisses” as Want to Read:
Winter Kisses

Winter Kisses (The Donovans)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  19 reviews
After "the love of her life" broke her heart, Monica Lakefield vowed never to trust a sexy, sweet-talking man again. Dubbed the Ice Queen, she hides her hurt beneath her cool, corporate facade. Until the workaholic Lakefield heiress arrives at an exclusive Aspen resort…and discovers hunky Alexander Bennett in her room!

As CFO of his own company, Ale
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Kisses

Kim
This was a great read from beginning to end. Alex slowly but surely broke down Monica's well built wall due to her issues of the past. She wa a very strong woman, and he a very passionate man. The love scenes between these two were really off the charts....the first one was simply amazing. These two also had great families. The Lakefield sisters we very close, as were Alex an his brothers. It was good to catch up with them to see how their lives are progressing. Overall a really good read.
Tiffany
Monica vowed she would never trust a sweet talking man again. People think she is the Ice Queen and she keeps her feeling hidden behind her corporate façade. Alex is the CFO at his own company and he likes to work hard and play harder. They are both tricked into a vacation by their family and friends. She definitely is surprised to find him there and tries everything to leave but they get snowed in. The more time that they spend together the more Alex sees the other side of Monica that no one ge ...more
Matysha
Alex and Monica a match made in heaven. Not if she has anything to say about it! Lol I really enjoyed their story it was definitely worth the wait. After reading this story I will never look at twister the same again!
D.lee
I loved Monica's story!! Alex was so patient, confident and strong. No drama he knew what he wanted and stayed the course. I loved the fact that no matter how much Monica tried to argue and push him away he would not get sucked into her trap. He was the perfect for Monica....steadfast and unmovable.
Yates was a real sick crazy pervert. So glad we got to see the softer side of Monica. Definitely a must read!!

Reviewed by: D.Lee BRAB Online Book Club
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Now, one is talking about some hot steamy sexual encounters. Alex had me wanting to be Monica every he touched her body. I was enthralled and excited about what would happen next. Now, I have to go back an read Monica's sister story.

Hard nose Monica knew she had an instant attraction to Alex. I must say that this man is fine even in print. This man is not your everyday Joe/Michael/David. He has heart, soul, and fierce loyalty to those that he love.
J
I LOVED this book. My only qualm is that it ended a bit too quickly therefore the character development felt a bit rushed at the very end. I also was a bit confused on the time lapses that occurred throughout the book. Overall it was fantastic. I'm glad i bought it and am thinking abt buying a hard copy to keep on my shelf. Very romantic and passionate yet still mostly realistic unlike alot of these other romance novels. Great!
Ladyamelia
I loved Monica. I knew there had to be something huge that happened her life to turn her into the so-called "Ice Queen." Alex was the perfect man to help her resolve her issues. After she finally revealed the whole story to Alex, I actually shed a few tears for her. She'd been through so much so the fact that she finally got her happily ever after made it that much sweeter. I highly recommend this book.
Shawnette
The mystery behind SEXY, intelligent and complicated Monica Lakefield FINALLY comes to light...and the AMAZING Alexander Bennett can read her many moods like a book...a thoroughly CAPTIVATING romance combined with a little bit of mystery...a GREAT conclusion to the the Lakefield sisters...which leads us to the Miami Donovan cousins...YAY!
Bella
Loved Loved Loved!
This is the best kimani book I have read in a while.
Alex and Monica were so real and believable in my head. And the love scenes were not horny or gross, but really tastefully done and made the characters that much more real. A.C.Arthur is one of the best African-American writers I have ever read! :)
Marie
Wow, I knew AC Arthur was going to give Monica a remarkable story but this one far exceeded my expectations. To say that Monica was a heroine truly worthy of the word is an understatement and Alex is truly her king and hero. WELL DONE!!

Janina
I've been waiting for Alex and Monica's story for so long! And I loved it. Alex was always my favorite =) I love this little family tree. I want to read the other siblings story badly. Especially Rico and Adrianna
Shone
Dec 13, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: donovan-series
Strong, hard headed Monica Lakefield thinks she is and island can take care of herself and doesn't need any one or anything. However when her past works it way into her new life Monica is at a lost.
Kathy
Monica was not one of my favorite characters, she was too hard and unyielding. Now Alex on the other hand was a very good guy and catch. He was willing to help her and accept her issues and all.
Shemeka Mitchell
Being trapped in a snow storm has always been one of my fantasies. Monica was a hellcat.
Brenda
I loved this book! With Monica and Alex the sparks flew and I loved it!
Latrisha Blunt
Some things could have been connected a little better but a great story.
Treshaun Bates
I enjoyed Alex and Monica's story.
Jackie
good read; quick read
Kimberly
Excellent book
Cgoudeau2007yahoo.com
Cgoudeau2007yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Helen Horace
Helen Horace is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2014
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • King's Passion
  • In the Doctor's Bed
  • Huddle with Me Tonight
  • The Playboy's Proposition
Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings.
More about A.C. Arthur...
Temptation Rising (The Shadow Shifters, #1) A Cinderella Affair Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2) Defying Desire Guarding His Body