Start by marking “Winter Kisses” as Want to Read:
Winter Kisses

Winter Kisses (The Donovans #6.5)

After "the love of her life" broke her heart, Monica Lakefield vowed never to trust a sexy, sweet-talking man again. Dubbed the Ice Queen, she hides her hurt beneath her cool, corporate facade. Until the workaholic Lakefield heiress arrives at an exclusive Aspen resort…and discovers hunky Alexander Bennett in her room!

As CFO of his own company, Alexander works hard and pla
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Kisses

Kim
Nov 19, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
This was a great read from beginning to end. Alex slowly but surely broke down Monica's well built wall due to her issues of the past. She wa a very strong woman, and he a very passionate man. The love scenes between these two were really off the charts....the first one was simply amazing. These two also had great families. The Lakefield sisters we very close, as were Alex an his brothers. It was good to catch up with them to see how their lives are progressing. Overall a really good read.
Nerissa Golden
Sep 12, 2016 Nerissa Golden rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this much better than the sister's story in Touch of Fate.
Tiffany
Nov 06, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: aa-romance
Monica vowed she would never trust a sweet talking man again. People think she is the Ice Queen and she keeps her feeling hidden behind her corporate façade. Alex is the CFO at his own company and he likes to work hard and play harder. They are both tricked into a vacation by their family and friends. She definitely is surprised to find him there and tries everything to leave but they get snowed in. The more time that they spend together the more Alex sees the other side of Monica that no one ge ...more
J
Sep 30, 2013 J rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book. My only qualm is that it ended a bit too quickly therefore the character development felt a bit rushed at the very end. I also was a bit confused on the time lapses that occurred throughout the book. Overall it was fantastic. I'm glad i bought it and am thinking abt buying a hard copy to keep on my shelf. Very romantic and passionate yet still mostly realistic unlike alot of these other romance novels. Great!
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jan 14, 2012 The Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
Now, one is talking about some hot steamy sexual encounters. Alex had me wanting to be Monica every he touched her body. I was enthralled and excited about what would happen next. Now, I have to go back an read Monica's sister story.

Hard nose Monica knew she had an instant attraction to Alex. I must say that this man is fine even in print. This man is not your everyday Joe/Michael/David. He has heart, soul, and fierce loyalty to those that he love.
Ladyamelia
Oct 03, 2013 Ladyamelia rated it really liked it
I loved Monica. I knew there had to be something huge that happened her life to turn her into the so-called "Ice Queen." Alex was the perfect man to help her resolve her issues. After she finally revealed the whole story to Alex, I actually shed a few tears for her. She'd been through so much so the fact that she finally got her happily ever after made it that much sweeter. I highly recommend this book.
D.lee
Jan 21, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing
I loved Monica's story!! Alex was so patient, confident and strong. No drama he knew what he wanted and stayed the course. I loved the fact that no matter how much Monica tried to argue and push him away he would not get sucked into her trap. He was the perfect for Monica....steadfast and unmovable.
Yates was a real sick crazy pervert. So glad we got to see the softer side of Monica. Definitely a must read!!

Reviewed by: D.Lee BRAB Online Book Club
Shawnette
Nov 06, 2011 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mystery behind SEXY, intelligent and complicated Monica Lakefield FINALLY comes to light...and the AMAZING Alexander Bennett can read her many moods like a book...a thoroughly CAPTIVATING romance combined with a little bit of mystery...a GREAT conclusion to the the Lakefield sisters...which leads us to the Miami Donovan cousins...YAY!
Chandra Johnson
Jan 23, 2016 Chandra Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Read!

I loved this novel. It was well written from the beginning to the end. I have read most of AC Arthur' s books and this one was just as good as the rest. I enjoyed the way the characters related to each other. It's a wonderful love story. I would recommend this book and any other book by AC Arthur. She is truly a great author. It is a "must" read!!
Bella
Jul 06, 2012 Bella rated it it was amazing
Loved Loved Loved!
This is the best kimani book I have read in a while.
Alex and Monica were so real and believable in my head. And the love scenes were not horny or gross, but really tastefully done and made the characters that much more real. A.C.Arthur is one of the best African-American writers I have ever read! :)
Matysha
May 31, 2014 Matysha rated it it was amazing
Alex and Monica a match made in heaven. Not if she has anything to say about it! Lol I really enjoyed their story it was definitely worth the wait. After reading this story I will never look at twister the same again!
Janina
Nov 25, 2011 Janina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
I've been waiting for Alex and Monica's story for so long! And I loved it. Alex was always my favorite =) I love this little family tree. I want to read the other siblings story badly. Especially Rico and Adrianna
Joyce Hudson
Sep 03, 2015 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing
Alex and Monica aka Queen. Glad that Alex hung in there with Monica and that she was able to overcome her issues. Daddy Lakefield was something else. He wanted boys but was gifted with three beautiful daughters.
Marie
Nov 01, 2011 Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aa-romance, ebook, owned
Wow, I knew AC Arthur was going to give Monica a remarkable story but this one far exceeded my expectations. To say that Monica was a heroine truly worthy of the word is an understatement and Alex is truly her king and hero.  WELL DONE!!

Rise
Oct 22, 2016 Rise rated it it was amazing
I really loved Monica and Alex story. Monica had me really laughing where my stomach literally was hurting. I really liked how the relatives set them both up by tricking them into that vacation in Aspen, Colorado. I will say that this entire series was really great.
Shone
Dec 13, 2011 Shone rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: donovan-series
Strong, hard headed Monica Lakefield thinks she is and island can take care of herself and doesn't need any one or anything. However when her past works it way into her new life Monica is at a lost.
Kathy
Feb 26, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
Monica was not one of my favorite characters, she was too hard and unyielding. Now Alex on the other hand was a very good guy and catch. He was willing to help her and accept her issues and all.
Monique Thomas
Monique Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Cf
Cf rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Padrica
Padrica rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Cynthia Middlebrooks
Cynthia Middlebrooks rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Reshemah
Reshemah rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Donna Scoggins
Donna Scoggins rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Meme
Meme rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Lilah Mitchell
Lilah Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Ethel
Ethel rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Tamika Chinn
Tamika Chinn rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Clea Hogan
Clea Hogan rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
AshleyNicole AshleyNicole
AshleyNicole AshleyNicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Felicia Redmon
Felicia Redmon rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • King's Passion
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Sultry Storm (Coles Family, #1; Mother Nature Matchmaker, #2)
  • Huddle with Me Tonight  (New York Sabers Football, #2)
  • In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)
Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings.
More about A.C. Arthur...

The Donovans (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love Me Like No Other (The Donovans #1)
  • A Cinderella Affair (The Donovans #2)
  • Defying Desire (The Donovans #3)
  • Full House Seduction (The Donovans #4)
  • Touch of Fate (The Donovans #5)
  • Holiday Hearts (The Donovans #6)
  • Desire a Donovan (The Donovans #7)
  • Surrender to a Donovan (The Donovans #8)
  • Pleasured by a Donovan (The Donovans #9)
  • Heart of a Donovan (The Donovans #10)