Start by marking “My Secret: A PostSecret Book” as Want to Read:
My Secret: A PostSecret Book

My Secret: A PostSecret Book (PostSecret)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,446 Ratings  ·  247 Reviews

Postsecret.com founder Frank Warren is back with a fresh and compelling companion to his wildly popular Los Angeles Times bestseller, PostSecret. For My Secret, a collectible, paper-over-board book that includes a page of vibrant, decorative stickers, Warren has personally selected never-before-seen anonymous postcards created by teens and college students from across the

Published (first published October 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Secret

Kelli
Nov 23, 2015 Kelli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize this was a teen & college-aged version and had I known that I would have opted for a different version. I had actually not heard of this project but saw the book and thought it might be fun to peruse. The idea of sending a secret off into the abyss...sounds cooler than it is. Not for me!
Jim
Jun 19, 2015 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology, art
I got a kick out of the first PostSecret book I read. At that time it was a fresh concept to me and I was taken with the novelty of the idea. This is the second PostSecret book for me and I found it to be repetitious. Let's face it: there are just so many ways in which you can be sorry or happy or sad. You can only go through so many declarations of unrequited love, failure to disclose your STD, confessions of orgasm during exercise (I would never leave the gym) or self-hatred because you liked ...more
Danika Ellis
Being a teenager, I suppose this collection was aimed at me, but I found the whole style juvenile and distracting. The stickers, the cover, it just doesn't do it for me. I liked the first one better. Still good postcards, though, of course.
HeavyReader
Dec 02, 2008 HeavyReader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art, life-stories
I looked at a Post Secret book a couple of years ago in a Barnes and Noble in Phoenix, but this is the first complete Post Secret book that I've read.

I am really impressed by the creative postcards people created to send to a stranger. I am touched by the brutal, raw honesty that people are capable of when they are allowed to remain anonymous.

This book is really excellent and recommended.
Jesica Steimer
Oct 21, 2007 Jesica Steimer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the ones that were too lame to make it into the first book.
Rhonda
Nov 19, 2009 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
My Secret by Frank Warren isn't a typical book. Instead it falls more into the category of art or coffee table book and generally isn't something that one reads from cover to cover. I have picked up this book many different times when in various bookstores and have flipped through it bit by bit. Until finally I decided to just buy it and flip through it at my leisure. Instead when I got home I started opened it to the first page and I didn't stop turning until I hit the back cover.

Inside this b
Loveliest Evaris
My school library just got all these new books and I was like...well you know that feeling...one of extreme glee!

description

I saw Ellen Hopkins's Crank series and that disappointed me because I already read them. I hate looking at new books only to find that I've read them. And no, I will not re-read them. I need something fresh and new!

So I saw this book standing on a shelf and decided to look at it. I devoured it within 20 minutes.

Fascinating, truly fascinating. There are some "meaningless" secrets, thin
Kristen
Jul 23, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frank Warren of the PostSecret project has released another book of confessions. Warren encourages anyone to submit to him a postcard- on it, include a secret you haven't told anyone. After receiving thousands of beautifully-illustrated PostSecrets and becoming one of the most highly-trafficked websites around, Warren started publishing them as books on high-quality glossy paper, which really does them justice. Secrets range from hairy bellies to childhood molestation, and from the uplifting to ...more
Samara
May 25, 2015 Samara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting project and really makes you think about what your secrets are.
The Bookloft
This is a book that was published for adults but young adults may enjoy it as well.

Postsecret.com founder Frank Warren is back with a fresh and compelling companion to his wildly popular Los Angeles Times bestseller, PostSecret. Warren has personally selected never-before-seen anonymous postcards created by teens and college students from across the country. Each card bears an intimate and powerful secret; at turns inspirational, shocking, hilarious, and poetic. My Secret offers a raw and reveal
Tiff
Mar 30, 2008 Tiff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited about this...I chose this for a YA booktalk for grad school...so next weekend I will be presenting a powerpoint with images from the book to my 'teens!'

Taylor
Aug 03, 2012 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every post secret book is filled with passion, secrecy, sorrow, happiness and excitement.
Kimberly Ann
Jan 26, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Another book in the Postsecret series. This was not as heart wrenching as the first one I read.

Excerpts:

"I think I'd enjoy life on a deserted island........because almost everybody gets on my nerves"

"I believe in my childhood dreams"

"I'm a cheerleader. But secretly, I deal drugs"

"If I charged the people I babysit for by the SCREAM, I'd be rich"

"Thought I'm afraid you'll never speak to me again......I'm pretty sure I'm better off that way"

"My favorite part about working at Lego Land is destyroyin
Brad
(Review from 2015.)
The second-to-worst PostSecret book. The term for most of these secrets today is "vaguebooking." Other secrets are targeted at a single person, as if the creator were more interested in shaming that one person rather than bearing their soul. Some aren't even secrets so much as they are, "Look at me!" statements or competitive introversion.

But the book isn't one of the larger PostSecret books are there are some truly great secrets within. Ones that are strange, funny, sad and m
Linda Hopf
Jan 08, 2011 Linda Hopf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frank Warren has compiled his secret postcards into several volumes now but this book was my first experience with them. My son gave it to me for Christmas - a friend recommended it to him and he knew this was something I would find intriguing. I did! I loved it. This book is geared toward sharing the secrets of younger people. Not sure exactly how he knew the senders age group but I can see from the photo and topics that he might have made a fairly accurate guess.

There is a note on the last pa
lovelyandliterate
This book was nothing like I expected it to be — but it was good in its own right.

Let me preface this by saying I believe letters and postcards are underrated. We are shoved into this box that electronic communication (texts!emails!facebook!) is the only way to go, but I think there is a time and a place for the written word. There is something way more meaningful about getting a handwritten letter than a “whassup? hvnt hrd frm u in a while. u ok?” text message.

This book intrigued me becaues of
Brixton
Jul 09, 2010 Brixton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Voyeurs who get off on others' emotional traumas
Icky.
Jessica
Jan 23, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many of you that follow my reviews (Mostly the people on my blog or that just like to read my reviews), know that I work at a library. I come across a kagillion books everyday! One day, while organizing the books from the Book Return Bin (Otherwise known as the Book Drop), I found this PostSecret book and checked it out as soon as I could.

This was my first PostSecret book and I just had to get more once I finished this one. I really loved it. I am actually thinking of startin to send my own post
May
Mar 14, 2008 May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
After browsing the book a bit on the sale section of National Bookstore, I impulsively decided to own a copy of it. The problem then was I didn't bring enough cash with me and the worst part was, they don't allow debit! And since it was already closing time, my friend suggested to have the book reserved and the saleslady agreed to do so. On my lunch break the following day, I bought the book (not caring that it is worth a pair of shoes or an ok pair of jeans) and read the whole thing after my of ...more
dejah_thoris
A PostSecret book that focuses on teenagers and young adults. Some good ones in here but not many. Possibly my least favorite collection though the stickers in the front of the book are nice. (And yes, this one also suffers from the occasional double page spread problem noted in my reviews of the other books.) I was especially touched by the following submissions: "If I died no one would notice." "Sometimes i wish no one told me i was adopted," and "I love my naked (or clothed) body!".
Robyn
Apr 01, 2011 Robyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual I really enjoyed reading through everyone's secrets. the only reason I gave it a 4 star instead of 5 was because of the huge size of the book. I read the latest post secret book first which was postcard size, and have been comparing all the others to that one.

I'm pretty sure the secret: " I want to have sex with a piano" was a fake secret, someone trying to be funny ... and not sure why Frank would waste space printing it.

Here are some more memorable secrets from this book:

"I think I
Miss.terri
Jul 27, 2011 Miss.terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frank-warren
There is a world of hurting people and this was one way of trying to let go of their pain. Some of the secrets are trivial and most others are heart wrenching. Everyone has secrets. This was an awesome way to release that pain. Reading these books made me re-examine how I spend my time and how I handle people. Being in a faith-based ministry, I believe it was timely for me to read these books. My heart goes out to those who are hurting and while I cannot always be the one who brings peace and he ...more
Charee
Dec 29, 2013 Charee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have browsed these Postcard confession books in the book stores, but I had not seen this one. I came across this particular book on Amazon and was planning to buy it for my sister as a gift. I did not know of the history behind this confession project, as it is related to giving people a chance to confess any secrets to ease burdens related to self esteem and even self-hate. They were encouraged to be creative or as plain with their postcards. I thought the postcards were very creatively made, ...more
Jaz
Apr 06, 2014 Jaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this collection definitely brought me back to adolescence, when I roamed the PostSecret website religiously, every week. I remember sending my friends the “strange” secrets, and then laughing in school about them the following day. But, I also remember the ways that reading other people’s secrets helped me discover and come to terms with my own. Before opening this book, I was a little nervous that I wouldn’t enjoy the experience as much. But, I was wrong. I think I probably enjoyed it m ...more
Julie
Dec 26, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, nonfiction
Meh. I love PostSecret, but this incarnation wasn't my fav. The "young people" secrets theme just didn't capitate me. Many of the secrets seemed pretty shallow, and seeing as I work with teenagers every day, I know they have a depth that wasn't present throughout this collection.
C.A. Mayes
May 22, 2014 C.A. Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A collection of random people's secrets. Some may be funny while others are strange and some will have you crying. These "secrets" provide insight into everyday people's lives, emotions, and experiences. These courageous individuals share with the world their innermost.
Geni
May 14, 2009 Geni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-2009
Oct 13, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much reading involved. It was 30% sex related secrets, but whatever. The artwork and expression was great, even if it was the same secrets over and over. A tween recommended this book to me; I would definitely recommend this to another tween/teen/young adult.
Lesley Looper
Feb 25, 2009 Lesley Looper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I was asked to read at least one PostSecret book by the minister at my church, in preparation for being the Worship Associate for a service in late March that will have to do with secrets. So, this is my first PostSecret book, and I found it to be intriguing, sad, funny, and insightful. Read in a different mood, I might have found the artwork distracting, but this time I didn't mind it.

Some of my favorite secrets in this book:

*I anonymously mail e.e. cummings poems to people.
*When I was a kid I
Mar 05, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this twice now, once last year also around the same time. Upon rereading this, what struck me is comparing my reactions to secrets I had seen before. Secrets that had been so meaningful to me, because they were my secrets too, are practically irrelevant today. Different secrets stand out, depending on what you're going through. That's one of the things that's so powerful about the PostSecret books - the secrets are so universal, and yet so specific at the same time, that you will alway ...more
  • Found II: More of the Best Lost, Tossed, and Forgotten Items from Around the World
  • Friends to the End: The True Value of Friendship
  • Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • The Oxford Project
  • Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
  • Sundays with Vlad: From Pennsylvania to Transylvania, One Man's Quest to Live in the World of the Undead
  • Stuff On My Cat: The Book
  • Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt
  • I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous & Obscure
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Fresh Fruits
  • Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure

PostSecret (6 books)
  • PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives (PostSecret)
  • The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book
  • A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book
  • The World of PostSecret
  • PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God

“Surprise!
Adolescence is not an exciting adventure. It's actually very boring and lonelier than you could ever imagine.”
24 likes