Start by marking “Mutual Funds for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Preview

Mutual Funds for Dummies

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Expanded coverage of ETFs, fund alternatives, and Internet research

Cash in on the latest wealth-building techniques with America's #1 best-selling mutual fund book

Want to make the most of mutual funds? Personal finance expert Eric Tyson shares his time-tested investing advice, as well as updates to his fund recommendations and revised coverage of tax law changes, in this

Published February 14th 2011 by For Dummies (first published May 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Mutual Funds for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mutual Funds for Dummies

David Roberts
The book I read to research this post was Mutual Funds For Dummies by Eric Tyson which is a very good book which I read at http://safaribooksonline.com. This book was published in 2010 so is a little dated especially because a lot of the book reviews different companies which obviously is only up to that time. Mutual Funds or Mutually Assisted Funds are a kind of fund where a lot of people invest in the same spread of what are similar to Exchange Traded Funds but the risk is spread over a wider ...more
Sandy
Wow, this book didn't make me feel dumb at all! But it is really helpful for big picture basics, and for (starting to) take my head outa the sand re my personal finances...
Rex
Again, Tyson is at his best. The book does an excellent job of teaching how and why to diversify, how to invest based on your goals and life position, and precisely where to put your money. This book saved us lots of money by allowing us to invest for ourselves and preventing high commission rates from the unnecessary middle man.
beyawolfmon
really informational has made me adjust my ideas on saving and investing for retirement and for investing in general especially in the short term mostly it really made me consider mutual funds as an option where before i thoug about investing in individual securities now i see mutual funds as part of my investing strategy
Roger
Probably a good read for someone who doesn't know anything about mutual funds. Touches on the key points including how to differentiate them, the basis on which to differentiate them (loads, managers etc) and how to balance out your portfolio with extra things like bonds.
Andrew S.
The bottom line of this solid informative book is that day trading and speculations won't do any good and actually can be a threat to your savings. The author has done a very good job explaining that stock trading may sound too good to be true and it usually is.
Sepsun Pasaribu
Good book if you are interested in mutual funds. Since I dont live in the U.S., the system probably a lot different but the basic explanation regarding the mutual funds (the kinds, benefits, tips on selecting the right funds, etc) is more than satisfactory.
Cindy
It's exactly what it sounds like. I think I learned something, but whenever the tone of the book got irritatingly condescending, I just needed to look at the title for a reminder. (July 10, 2006)
Hilary
I am trying to get organized and figure out how to save money for retirement. I think this is a great book to help me understand how to manage my 401Ks at work.
Bobbi Taniguchi
If you've got to read about it, but the subject breaks you out in hives, this is the way to go.
Andrew Huff
The best book I've ever found on mutual funds.
Juan Carlo
Juan Carlo marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
GradCardinal
GradCardinal marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Adam Rabago
Adam Rabago marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Vince Canino
Vince Canino marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Eppy
Eppy is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Roberto
Roberto marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Velocity: Combining Lean, Six Sigma and the Theory of Constraints to Achieve Breakthrough Performance - A Business Novel
  • Stock Investing for Dummies
  • Golf for Dummies
  • Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs
  • Economics For Dummies
  • Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
  • Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices
  • Digital Photography for Dummies
  • Calculus for Dummies
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Intelligence Analysis: A Target-Centric Approach
Personal Finance for Dummies Investing For Dummies Home Buying for Dummies Personal Finance in Your 20s for Dummies Real Estate Investing For Dummies