The Last Detail

The Last Detail

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  37 reviews
"Trust isn t easy when the ones you want most are out to get you. "

Ten years after she ran away from Earth, Lou Campbell is one job just one more collar away from earning enough credits to go home. All she has to do is lure Sam Dawson within range of her handcuffs with the promise of fast, hard sex. Easy.

Once she gets him there, keeping her own hands off him "isn t" so eas...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

Felicia
Received for Review
Overall Rating 4.25
Story Rating 4.00
Character Rating 4.50
Naughty Hotness Factor 5+++

Note: Let me preface this by saying it takes a lot for me to buy a 3 person long term relationship. Which is why I don't read a lot of menage. However, Mel pulled it off with 3 characters I absolutely fell for and the story was great to boot!

What I Loved: The characters are really what made The Last Detail shine for me. Lou was a kick-ass, smart chick who pulled no punches when it came to getti...more
Christina
Melissa has done it again. I am a huge fan of the Harmless books so I was excited to read this book too. I am not usually into sci-fi outta this world stuff...but Melissa pulled it together. It was steamy hot. I did like the fact too that it had a strong lead woman and the guys were strong in their own ways too. The Last Detail was different than the other books I have read by Melissa, but it was definitely a keeper =)
Kristina
I am a big fan of Melissa Schroeder’s Harmless series so I was excited to be given the opportunity read and review another story from her, The Last Detail before the release date. This novella has everything you could want in a short story! There are gorgeous men, an awesome heroine and sex-lots and lots of hot sex!

All Lou wants to do is save up enough credits to be able to return to Earth. If she can collar Sam Dawson she will finally be able to go home. In order to get him into handcuffs and...more
Darcy
MY REVIEW:

I just fell in love with Lou Campbell’s character. Ms. Shroeder has created a strong woman who knows exactly where she came from, and gives the reader no doubt she is a woman with a goal of returning to home that being planet Earth. Lou has worked hard in her career doing her job over the years for her employer and friend Jared. This was her last and final job. Although tries to separate her bounty hunter persona from her inner feelings you know there is no question to the hot attracti...more
Gail
I'm a huge fan of Melissa Schroeder books, especially her Harmless series. I was excited to read THE LAST DETAIL and I'm happy to report that it did not disappoint!

Lou Campbell is a kick butt, take the prisoners bounty hunter. She has a goal, after 10 years away she wants to return to her home planet, Earth. In order to do so, she takes one (hopefully) last job to capture a traitor named Sam Dawson which will give her enough credits to get back to Earth.
Lou decides to trap Sam by leading him aw...more
Pam

Lou Campbell wants to go back to Earth and she has just one more job to do to get her wish. Lou is one of the best hunters out there and she has just received an assignment that will earn her enough credits to make her dream come true. The job involves finding and bringing in a man that has gained secrets from his employer, Zenich Industries and has been selling them for profit.
Lou lands on the planet Arcadia to search for Sam Dawson. Arcadia is a planet full of vices that are not allowed on oth...more
LolaLovesBooks
Another great book by Melissa Schroeder...I know I can always count on her creating characters that I fall in love with!

For Lou, a kick-ass bounty hunter, Arcadia no longer holds the appeal it once did. Her newest assignment from Jared looks promising; it finally looks like she’ll have enough money to fulfill her dream of returning to Earth after catching Sam. Sounds easy, right? Well, sometimes things just aren’t that easy.

Life has not been kind to Lou...past circumstances have lead to walled-...more
Lisa Benedict
If you like it hot, fast and steamy as you read your short story then The Last Detail is for you. Melissa Schroeder introduces us to a strong heroine in Louella (Lou). I have always liked my female characters strong and in charge and Lou is just such a woman.
Lou is a bounty hunter looking for her latest and most dangerous bounty, Sam Dawson. Lou is forever driven to succeed in a highly male dominated arena. Lou is on the the planet Arcadia. Sent to the no holds barred planet by her boss Jared, L...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I love a kick ass heroine who has lived rough, worked hard, and has truly earned all of her rights to own the title kick ass female. Lou has done exactly that. She has lived a not so glamorous life. She is a mercenary retrieval agent, basically a galactic bounty hunter. She is going into what she hopes to be her last assignment, earning her enough credits to return to Earth.

Sam Dawson is in for a huge surprise when the female he takes home from the bar wants to hand cuff him. Only Lou doesn’t ha...more
Cecile
For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

I was given this book for an honest review and my honest...more
Colette
The Last Detail was a fun, steamy read with lots of action around every corner. I had this read in almost one sitting. I stayed up late to finish reading it because I had to find out what happened next! Melissa Schroeder knows how to write characters you care deeply about in a short amount of time. This is my favorite of the books I have read by her.

Lou is such a great heroine. She's feisty, bossy and not afraid to do what needs to be done in order to get her ticket back to earth. Her last job a...more
Sassafrass
THE LAST DETAIL was quite a surprise. I’m a big fan of Melissa Schroeder’s Little Harmless series, but I haven’t read much else of her work. So, this futuristic menage was quite a departure from what I am used to. Suffice it to say that, I was pleased with the fantastic plot and smokin’ hot lovin’ I have come to expect with this author’s work, but there was so much more.

Lou is a bounty hunter from earth trying to earn enough money to get back home. This next capture may give her that goal, if n...more
Christi Snow
Fabulous little erotica read. Great story line behind it too. Full review to come...

My Review:

This is really a fabulous little story. There is romance, adventure, suspense, mystery, and some seriously hot passion. Lou is tough. She has been on her own for the last 10 years (since she was 15 yo), working for Jared as a bounty hunter and she is darn good at it. This is her final capture and it has a huge reward, even if the details are a bit sketchy. It soon becomes clear that everything is not as...more
Z- SeawitchReviews
A novella packed with punch from page one. A total sensual delight filled with suspense and hard hitting emotion to take you away to another world.
So we meet our little kick ass herione Louella, but we’ll just call her Lou, as she arrives on a shithole planet Arcadia that resembles earth from a 100 years or more in the past. Lou just needs one more collar to earn enought credits to hitch a ride home back to earth and nothing is going to stand in her way; not even the huge hunk she has to take d...more
Nikki Brandyberry
I am so excited to get to tell everyone about this novella today! This was great! It incorporated everything a full length book would give me without having all those slow parts I generally detest. The beginning gave the reader insight into the characters without wasting any time. Schroeder is master at giving the reader back story without slowing the novella down. I am not shy in saying that I often get worried when dealing with a book that is set on another planet, or an alternate universe or...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Men! “...get their dick interested and you could lead them to hell and back—and they would beg for more.” Lou is kind of cynical when it comes to men which made her stand out in the first part of the book as a unlikely heroine. It sure added a yummy new variation to romance.

I found the plot to be fantastic and well thought out with a lot of heat and sweet romance that kept me captivated until the end. Combine two alpha males who had...more
Sally
This novella is sexy, smouldering and hot – a typical piece from Melissa Schroeder. The story itself was good however, I found in places it was too rushed and scenes jumped around making me feel like I'd missed something. I find this can be typical of a novella because they are so short and crammed with lots of good stuff that the stories sometimes get overloaded. This is what I felt about The Last Detail.

As I was reading I was desperately wanting to enjoy each of the characters, Lou, Sam and J...more
Danielle
Melissa Schroeder is still new to me but the way her creativity came out in this novella which made it a differently hot read. It is filled with adventure, suspense and romance.

Lou is a bounty hunter who has one assignment left before she can return to earth. Her boss, Jared gives her the task to catch Sam. Jared has not only been Lou's boss for 10 years but has been in love with her. He didn't think she was ready so he has kept it to himself.

Sam is undercover on an assignment when he meets the...more
Jody
As a fan of sci-fi television I found this novella to be just as entertaining as any episode of my favorite shows. There were great action scenes with an intriguing view of a future world with all the corresponding technology. I found myself quickly drawn in to the society Ms. Schroeder created and hated the story to end.

The characters in this story came from varied backgrounds but all experienced hardships along the way. It's created a bond between them, one you can sense the moment they all co...more
Cee VeeDee
Loved it! I would do 4.5 stars if I could because my only complaint was length. I was not sure whether or not this would be my cup of tea, but Melissa Schroeder is on my "Auto-Read" list so I dove in. I loved it! The opening immediately gave me a feeling of Blade Runner (which I love) and to have the lead be a kick ass female made it even better! Fast paced, the characters have a history which allows for the brevity of the length, and the sexual tension is terrific! The culmination of said tensi...more
Chris
Lou Campbell is on her last assginment before she has enough credits to return to Earth and resume her life there. All she has to do is capture Sam Dawson dead or alive and turn him in. Unfortunately Lou doesn't count on her overwhelming response to Sam. Jared comes home to the safe house that Sam and Lou are hiding in and find them together. His ex-lover and the woman he's been lusting after there in the same place.

The sparks start shooting off Lou and Sam immediately, only heightened when Jare...more
Donna
I was invited to review The Last Detail by Melissa Schroeder and jumped at the chance as I’ve enjoyed Ms. Schroeder’s A Little Harmless… series.
Action, adventure, mystery and a lot of HOT sex. I really enjoyed this story. Ms. Schroeder creates characters you can like and relate to. The sex isn’t forced or out of place and boy is it steamy.
Bounty hunter Lou Campbell captures Sam Dawson. Situations quickly arise to give her misgivings about his guilt. When he saves her life they act on the inten...more
The Last Detail offered solid world building, suspense, and the ultimate love triangle.

The world of Arcadia was cleverly built and set the desperate and fragmented tone that resonated with all three of the main characters. Lou, Sam, and Jared all had their own personal demons to battle before they could open their hearts to each other. The chemistry between the three of them was palpable and had me waiting with bated breath to see how these characters would find their HEA.

Detailed world buildi...more
Tiss
This is a futuristic book, but it is another great read by Melissa Schroeder.
Lou Campbell is trying to make her way back to earth and she need more credits to get there. If she makes this last collar, she'll have enough to go back.

Sam Dawson has been set up, but he doesn know by whom, and the lady who captures him is so freakin hot, he just wants to take her to bed.

Jared Flores is Lou's boss and has loved her for years, altho she doesn't know it. But, he's also Sam's former lover.

A suspence no...more
Chele Blades
ok starting this book i almost groaned...i really thought at the begining i was going to hate the heroine lou, i wanted to make sam throw out his alpha male on her, then jared came in and i wanted to kick his butt myself for waiting so long...but let me tell you by the end i was laughing so hard at lou and knew she was perfect for these two. i usually like a little more damsel in distress without being whiny in my heroine but that would not have worked out for these two heros and that is why i w...more
Daune Mc
This is a romance/adventure story. Lou Campbell is bounty hunter going to make her last collar so she she can go back home to earth. This way she will have enough credits to get back, it's been a long 10 yrs.Now doesn't that make want to read thier story. Did I mention that there is heat between them from the moment they set eyes on each other. But Lou is not having that she has a job to do, even if Sam had "her hormones bouncing to attention".
This is a great story with lots of heat and adventur...more
Sheri
The Last Detail is a delicious, futuristic quick romp. The perfect book for a light and super scrumptious night of reading, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves hot guys and tough heroines. The only thing I can find to complain about this book is that it’s not a full length novel, but Ms. Schroeder does an awesome job of helping me get over that little flaw. A hot, sexy read where the heroine Lou is thoroughly loved and worshiped by her men, with just enough action and intrigue to keep your...more
Leagh
Oct 02, 2011 Leagh rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I think Melissa Schroeder did a fabulous job with this one. She has created a action packed adventure with great characters and an intriguing plot. Both heros are very alpha yet gentle, one is very stubborn but that is taken care of. Lou is one kick ass chick with a very emotional past. The chemistry is hot and the sex is hotter. I would recommend reading this one with a glass of ice water!
Krista Bunny
I won this book on a contest on Twitter by the author. It was good, albeit rushed. I think the characters could have been developed longer and the sex scenes a bit more descriptive than just thrusting in. Also, the term "hard as a titanium pike" felt overused.
However it was pretty hot and sweet, so I will definitely read more by this author in the future.
Laz the Sailor
This is a nice M/M/F story that includes some scifi aspects, though mostly it's a bounty-hunter love story, with a few twists.

Solid characters and hot scenes.

Unfortunately, this author did not write more scifi.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born to an Air Force family at an Army hospital Melissa has always been a little bit screwy. She was further warped by her years of watching Monty Python and her strange family. Her love of romance novels developed after accidentally picking up a Linda Howard book. After becoming hooked, she read close to 300 novels in one year, deciding that romance was her true calling instead of the literary sh...more
More about Melissa Schroeder...
A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless, #1) A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6) A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3) A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2) A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)