Start by marking “Skandal Rahasia - Slightly Shady (Lake/March, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skandal Rahasia - Slightly Shady (Lake/March, #1)

Skandal Rahasia - Slightly Shady (Lake & March #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  3,909 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Lavinia Lake adalah wanita cerdas yang berhasil mengatasi berbagai masalah yang tampaknya selalu muncul dalam kehidupannya. Setelah terkatung-katung di Italia karena nasib buruk yang menimpanya, Lavinia berhasil membangun bisnis penjualan patung-patung antik. Tapi kemudian Tobias March memaksanya meninggalkan usahanya itu dan kembali ke Inggris.

Tobias March, penyelidik sw
Mass Market Paperback, 424 pages
Published July 2011 by Dastanbooks Indonesia (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Skandal Rahasia - Slightly Shady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skandal Rahasia - Slightly Shady

Kusanagi
Feb 18, 2015 Kusanagi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Il était trop bien ce livre ♥
J'adore et le côté enquête, et le côté romance avec nos deux héros qui n'arrêtent pas de se chamailler.... Et Lavinia est parfaite.
Résultat je l'ai lu en une nuit ou presque (heureusement que je suis en vacances ^^)et j'enchaine sur le tome 2 XD
Daniella
Jun 28, 2015 Daniella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Extremely disappointed" does not even begin to describe how I feel about this book.
description

I've always been reluctant to read a romance trilogy, or a series with the same leads because they tend to be really slow in terms of the development in the characters' relationship. But Slightly Shady's glowing reviews and Amanda Quick's spot as one of my favourite writers compelled me to try this out.

Boy, was that a mistake.

I was right in avoiding this all along. The pacing was so excruciatingly slow, and sad
Steven
Apr 02, 2013 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I almost didn't read this one. I read the second one then the third one and loved them both. I read some of the bad comments and skipped this one then I decided to read it. Why were some people so mean to this one, it was great. Even a bad Amanda book is a four star. Lavinia and Lake are the original Dallas and Roarke. Do not skip this one, read it first with no fear.
Sandra Bašić
Jako simpatična "soft" krimi priča... a onda se ovi glavni malo i zaljube... :-D
Christelle
J'ai vraiment beaucoup apprécié ce livre, premier tome de la trilogie Lake & March, et je l'ai dévoré, comme les autres d'ailleurs.

C'est un livre vraiment divertissant, à l'écriture légère et enlevée et à l'intrigue bien menée. Les personnages, aussi bien principaux que secondaires, sont agréables à suivre et attachants, et c'est vraiment un plaisir de suivre les prises de becs entre Tobias March et Lavinia Lake durant leur enquête.
gina~*
This is the first in the Lavinia Lake/Tobias March Series. It is the book that has turned me on to historical romance and now im hooked!!!! Amanda Quick is my favorite author because she writes the perfect mix of suspense, mystery and of coarse the romance!!
Nura
Apr 12, 2011 Nura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
buku HR pertama yang gw baca di mana H/H gak berakhir dengan menikah. meskipun hero-nya gak perfect, tapi malah jadi menarik. heroine-nya khas AQ, widower. suka sama candaannya Tobias yang sering bilang yah, semua emang salah gw kok (terjemahan bebas)ke Lavinia. ada percakapan yang logis banget (menurut gw) antara kedua penyelidik swasta ini.

T: "Why is it that I am always the one who must produce the money when it is required in this
investigation?"
L: "You can put it on your client's bill."
T: "It
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012- February category: Recommended by another reader. this was recommended by my daughter Hannah. Added Feb 2011.

3.5/5 Grade B

Slightly Shady is a solid effort by Amanda Quick. The dialog, between all the characters not just the leads, was smart and witty. Tobias is a wonderfully grouchy hero. Lavinia is a fairly typical Quick/Krentz heroine, which is to say a somewhat unconventional bluestocking who is matter-of-fact and independent-minded. The secondary characters Emiline and An
Megan Baxter
I read romances when they come up on one of my many lists, but it will never be my preferred genre. Slightly Shady was a fast read, light, fluffy, and vaguely irritating to anyone who knows anything about history. Again, one that won't stick with me.

Lavinia has set herself up as a female detective, while simultaneously trying to get her niece married off to someone highranking. And ends up teaming up with a man she loathes (I'm guess you can guess where this is going!) on a particular case.

Will
Feb 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013reads
Normally, I really enjoy Quick's books, but this one just felt phoned in - the relationships and emotions felt contrived. I had been reading everything she published for awhile and about when this came out, I stopped. I got back into Quick through the Arcane Society novels which I have been really enjoying - this actually felt like a bit of a test run for those. I can't decide if I should continue with the Lake/March novels or not - I may try one more. This makes two disappointing romances in a ...more
Jill
Aug 16, 2011 Jill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I did not like this one at all. I don't know why I even finished it. The main character was completely unlikeable. I kept waiting and waiting for there to be something under the snootiness, etc. Nothing. I can't imagine what Tobias saw in her. Although I did wonder if I would have had a different reaction had I read it and not listened to it. Probably not--there would be times when she was all indignant and would get mad and it was so unwarranted! It was too bad, too. I usually like Amanda Quick ...more
Elaine
Aug 14, 2015 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Bethany
Feb 04, 2017 Bethany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this! Lavinia and Tobias are fun to read when they're sparring, and the mystery, although not the most clever, held enough excitement and intrigue for me. In general, the story moved quickly and the romance between the leads moved along nicely, not too quickly and not too slowly; I really liked that it's a continuing series so their adventures and interactions keep going and don't shift to another couple. This also means there isn't any insta-love or -lust (yay!) and the end game (a ...more
Michele
Mystery with some romance thrown in. Not a lot of depth but enjoyable and fun to read.
Lelyana
Feb 08, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satu lagi novel Amanda Quick yang menarik perhatian saya, dengan genre yang tidak biasa, romance detective..buat saya, romance ya romance, detektif ya detektif. Menarik membaca kedua hal ini di gabungkan.
Dua karakter nya, Tobias March dan Lavinia Lake, yang orang biasa yang selalu kekurangan uang menurut saya sangat menarik diangkat dalam penokohan, mengingat biasanya tokok2 di HR biasanya selalu glamour dan kaum bangsawan.

Bertemu dengan ending yang didak enak berupa pengusiran Lavinia dari Ita
Belle Augusta
Jadi ini buku pertama yang benar-benar bersambung dengan dua buku lainnya (yang untungnya sudah kupunyai, berkat pameran buku!). Di buku pertama ini menceritakan tentang awal pertemuan Tobias dan Lavinia di Itali, walau kesan mereka pada awal pertemuan itu (benar-benar ketemu, bukan satu mengamati yang satu) buruk dan terjadi kesalahpahaman. Namun ketika mereka bertemu lagi di Inggris setelah beberapa bulan (gimana bukan jodoh coba) mereka melihat dengan logika bahwa walau sering bertengkar dan ...more
Ashley Lauren
Jun 13, 2013 Ashley Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This just didn't do it for me overall. It had some definite perks but low enough lows that I just cannot say I enjoyed it.

Let's start with the perk. Quick has a pretty interesting story going on here. Sure, it gets a bit hokey and far-fetched but the overall mystery and excitement of it is pretty well done. There's a mystery in here that goes far more indepth than I anticipated and it's wrapped up nicely too, so I'll give some kudos there.

Unfortunately, that is where my praise ends. The rest of
Ladysatel
Book 1 of the Tobias March and Lavinia Lake series.

Lavinia Lake and her niece Emeline have been stranded in Rome when their employer abandoned them and ran off with a young man. To earn a living and enough to return to England Lavinia opens a shop selling antiquities.

The shop is doing quite well until one day when a man comes in tells Lavinia and Emeline they have one hour to pack and leave for London. He then begins to smash every item they have on display in the shop.

Lavinia is outraged and de
Pam
Oct 09, 2008 Pam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans; those who like strong women characters
Suzanne Moore
Mar 15, 2009 Suzanne Moore rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amyiw
Jan 07, 2016 Amyiw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute, yet really quite good in the intrigue and mystery too. Lavinia and Tobias rub each other the wrong way, yet intrigue one another. They definitely have chemistry and are not the young debutante's that we usually read about in these historical. There is a real story here, yet there is a cuteness to the couple. I don't really feel like I read a HR (historical romance) but a mystery historical with romance and great characters. The romance is a bit tame.

So while reading, I figured out
Cruth
Author: Amanda Quick
First published: April 2001
Length: 344 pages, 5460 kindle locations
Setting: London, Regency.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Private Investigator. Widower left with the raising of his (now adult) brother-in-law.
Heroine: Private Investigator. Widow left with the raising of her (now adult) niece.
Includes: Excerpt from Don't Look Back.

An easy, light mystery, a quick read, and fun characters. Yes, it is very reminiscent of Quick's earlier works but, since it's been a while since I
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
3 e 1/2
— Sarei disposto a darti ragione, ma non voglio correre altri rischi. In questa storia nulla è mai quello che sembra. “Te compreso” pensò lei. “Tu, Tobias March, sei stata la sorpresa più grande di tutte.”

Amanda Quick crea sempre romanzi originali, in particolare si sbizzarrisce con le sue eccentriche eroine, forse poco realistiche per quei tempi, ma certo molto divertenti XD Anche qui non si smentisce, anzi Lavinia e Tobias hanno praticamente due caratteri quasi uguali, entrambi testardi
Tasneem
May 08, 2012 Tasneem rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
Amanda Quick's style reminds me of M.C. Beaton. And since I adore Beaton, Quick was very much in keeping to my taste. Her characters are quirky, witty and full of spirit. The twists and turns in the plot are nicely done and the writing does not drag. All in all, a very enjoyable read.

The heroine Lavinia is a spirited woman, who married young to a man full of poetry. However, his untimely death has meant that she has had to struggle to make ends meet, and she longs to give her niece a proper seas
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Mar 30, 2010 Stacie M. Ritchie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is another Amanda Quick story that grabbed my attention. Tobias and Lavinia have been thrown together under mysterious circumstances. Lavinia is working hard to establish herself in a new career and a decent husband for her niece. In her new inquiries she finds Tobias on the scene of a murder. Throughout this story the relationship between the two because very intriguing and interesting. They embark themselves on a different type of relationship and figure out through the lies and surfaces ...more
Amy
Jul 16, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first installment of the series. I have read these books out of order, so I read the third book before this one. What's interesting is watching how the relationship started out between Lake and March. I found the beginning a little hard to follow, but that might be because I read the third installment prior to this one. I think I may of been a bit confused. I do want to read the second installment because the series is interesting enough to make me want to get a little more ...more
Lisa
Mar 31, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, romance, historical
Slightly Shady sees the start of the professional partnership between Lavinia Lake and Tobias March who make private and discreet enquiries for people.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others I've read by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz), I'm afraid to say. What was most irritating was the repetition of "Bloody Hell" from both of the protagonists at any given opportunity. It was just a bit too much.

That said, there were a few good laughs in the story, and while the development of the romanc
Holly
Sep 13, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amanda Quick combines a historical romance with a good mystery.
This is the first in a series of 3 to be read in order.
This story is the very romantic, mysterious, and compelling tale of Lavinia Lake and Tobias March.
Tobias is Alpha male all the way, yet he has met his match with Lavinia. They combine forces(actually become partners, in more ways than one) to solve a murder.
Amanda Quick's characters are so compelling, and the dialog so witty, once you are pulled in, you want to stay till the en
Nov 30, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun romantic suspense from Amanda Quick, this one set in Regency era England. You can't help but laugh at the humorous dialogue between the independent and stubborn heroine, Lavinia Lake, and the hero, Tobias March, who cannot believe he is falling in love with someone as strong willed and minded as he himself is. As much as Lavinia and Tobias drive each other crazy, they can't seem to stay apart from one another for long, and soon decide to combine their forces to see who is at the root ...more
Karina Sukarmin
Apr 07, 2014 Karina Sukarmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First series of Lake & March and I almost didn't read this one because I read the second one first. And now i have completed the series of Lake & March. I love how Tobias and Lavinia been thrown together under mysterious circumstances.

When the story ends they agree to work together again, and I am looking forward to finding a new story with them as characters.

I like how Quick put the characters and the dialog so witty. There is no boring moment, romantic, erotic, fast moving plot,etc. I
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Apr 15, 2016 04:59PM
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Slightly Shady (2001) Book 1 1 3 Sep 27, 2012 11:39AM
  • White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
Pseudonym of Jayne Ann Krentz

She earned a B.A. in History from the Uni
More about Amanda Quick...

Lake & March (3 books)
  • Don't Look Back (Lake/March, # 2)
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)