Start by marking “The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Baby food doesn't need to be tasetless, processed and in a jar. It can be fresh, vibrant and delicious. In THE WHOLESOME BABY FOOD GUIDE, Maggie Meade will show you how easy it is to feed your baby homemade goodness.

Based on the top-rated baby food website, THE WHOLESOME BABY FOOD GUIDE is filled with carefully researched information on nutrition, allergies, myths, and th
Published February 21st 2012 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Wholesome Baby Food Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wholesome Baby Food Guide

Jessica Thomson
This is a fantastic book for ideas for making your own baby food. I bought it when my kiddo was about eight months and I was stumped about moving on from straightforward fruit or vegetable purees. This is an excellent resource for adding spices, creating combinations, and adding meats and dairy. I jumped into a few recipes and then went back and read the earlier chapters. I was glad I went back and read the first part, it answers all those nagging questions and provides great tips and lots of in ...more
Ashley
Good, non-pushy, seemingly well-researched overview of introducing solids to your baby. After doing my own research, I was pleased to see that the author wasn't a fan of rice cereal either. I also like that she talks about introducing solids to babies between 4-6 months as simply tasting, not replacing the breastmilk or formula that should still be baby's main source of nutrition. Tasting makes this introduction a lot simpler and more fun.

The first half of the book is dedicated to discussing sol
Christina
I love this book! I'm recommending it to all my patients at work!! It explains how to prepare food and what to give at various age groups. In general you blend the food and freeze the food in ice cube trays. Each cube is about an ounce. Store the cubes in freezer bags and thaw out when needed! Much of the frozen food is good for about 2 months. The book also has a website. The website just lists recipes , the book categorizes the recipes by age. Goes along with much of the AAP food recommendatio ...more
Ellen
This book is a wonder. It explains in minute detail how to start feeding a baby solid food. Perfect for a neurotic mom like me!
Slayermel
This was a fantastic reference book for me, I very much wanted to make my own baby food and with the help of this book it was a great success. My daughter loved the food and it was so easy to follow the instructions. After having done it I can't understand why more people don't, it worked out to be so much cheaper for our budget and took hardly any time at all. The book gave lots of great tips on making multiple batches at once to also conserve on energy as well as your personal time.

The book w
Tracy
I thought it was a good book. In truth I only read half, since the other half is just recipes for different stages. The half that I did read was very informative. I really enjoyed the information of the nutrient breakdown to see how much a baby really needs of zinc, iron, etc. I enjoyed that since I don't know how much my little guy should be getting and it is nice to have some guidelines. The one drawback I find with this book, is if you follow her website, you will know about 75% of the things ...more
Julie
Very informative and easy to read. The author compiles a lot of information and deals very fairly with a variety of views and opinions. I really appreciated that she was nonjudgmental and not preachy. She presents facts and occasionally shares her personal experience, but keeps her own opinions about potentially judgement-heavy topics like organic vs. regular and breast milk vs. formula completely to herself. Also, the recipes sound completely doable and delicious.
Michelle
Great guide for parents to navigate the sometimes precarious realm of making healthy food for little ones. I found the overall tone very inviting, in a kind of "you can do it" way. The recipes range from basic (pureed fruit) to somewhat fancy (add some curry, he'll love it!) which is helpful for parents who may be afraid to add "adult" seasonings/tastes to their children's food (me!)
Kimberly Mccune
By far the best book about introducing solids and helping your child to become a healthy and adventurous foodie.
Rachel
Jul 31, 2012 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: crazied baby people
Recommended to Rachel by: Wholesome Baby Food web site
Shelves: baby
So looking forward to making every single one of these yummy recipes for Vi. Great, easy, fresh recipes for all stages, including family dinners. I wouldn't be scared to taste a single one. :) Bonus: There is an autumn smoothie recipe that I will be making for myself, no doubt about it!
Brittany Hodson
I feel so much more confident after reading this book about feeding solids to my baby. I feel like it's complete information and I won't need to research elsewhere. It is filled with tons of practical and easy recipes my baby will surely love.
Adeline Miller
I loved this book. It was a great resource for learning how to make and feed healthy food to my baby. I highly recommend it to other mothers of infants.
Teandra
Really love this book. Full of quick tips on food and easy, yummy recipes my baby loves and I would have never thought to pair together. Would like to buy.
Monique
Love how easy and accessible she makes making your own baby food! We using the stage 2 recipies right now and I'm so excited to try them all!

Amy
I loved this website when I was learning to make food for my first born! Am ecstatic there is now a book with all the recipes!
Dan
Handy info about what to feed your kid and when, but the recipes left something to be desired.
love it!!!!
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2015
Sonnya Kourteva Rondon
Sonnya Kourteva Rondon marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Kristi
Kristi is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Sandra Camp
Sandra Camp marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Pregnancy Countdown Book
  • The Best Homemade Kids' Lunches on the Planet: Make Lunches Your Kids Will Love with More Than 200 Deliciously Nutritious Meal Ideas
  • The Mother of all Pregnancy Books
  • Your Child's Self-Esteem: Step-by-Step Guidelines for Raising Responsible, Productive, Happy Children
  • Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months
  • Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • So That's What They're For!: The Definitive Breastfeeding Guide
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Baby Sign Language Basics: Early Communication for Hearing Babies and Toddlers
  • The Wonder Weeks. How to Stimulate Your Baby's Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases Into Magical Leaps Forward
  • Baby Knows Best: Raising a Confident and Resourceful Child, the RIE Way
  • The World According to Mimi Smartypants
  • Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality
  • The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet: Know What Goes Into Every Bite with More Than 200 of the Most Deliciously Nutritious Homemade Baby Food Recipes-Includes More Than 60 Purees Your Baby Will Love
  • Belinda the Ballerina
  • A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • In Memory's Kitchen: A Legacy from the Women of Terezin