With Just One Kiss

With Just One Kiss (Grayson Friends #6)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  30 reviews

Bestselling author Francis Ray chronicles the lives and loves of the Grayson family and their friends—and friends-of-friends who just might have a change of heart…

Cicely St. John is not impressed by her friend C.J. Callahan’s so-called passion in life: running a New York City bar that he inherited from his uncle. So why can’t Cicely stop thinking about the dance th

Published February 28th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about With Just One Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With Just One Kiss

Shawnette
Another SWEET and sensual read by Mrs. Ray...I LOVE the complete HONESTY between Cicely and C.J...and the way C.J. takes care of Cicely...he's a TRUE gentleman...and he fights saying the "L" word to the very end...lol...I TRULY feel sorry for Cicely with the lack of love, respect and support she receives from her own family...but C.J. makes up for that loss w/his unconditional love and support for her even though he may lose her to a job that will take her miles away...I'm looking forward to rea...more
Bebe20018
Another great summer romance novel by Francis Ray.

This is book number 6 in the Graysons Friends series but it it is book number 2 in the Kiss Trilogy. I think that all of the books should read in order but you don't have to.

This is the love story of Cicely St. John and C.J. Callahan. Cicely and C.J. first meet in A Seductive Kiss book number 1 in the Kiss Trilogy. They immediately take a strong dislike to each other. He thinks that Cicely, a fashion director for a major fashion magazine, is stuc...more
Mary Gramlich
WITH JUST ONE KISS by Francis Ray

Could what is exactly the opposite of what be what I need?

C.J. Callahan had too much going on for him in his career. He ran a successful bar that he loved but now had to step up and take care of the family business that he did not care for. However, family comes first and right now and he needed to step up to figure out how to make the business a success for the next generation. C.J. also had too much of an attraction to Cicely St. John which is the worst possibl...more
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by JoAnne
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

This was an enjoyable read that kept my interest from beginning to end. It had laugh out loud moments along with romance, love, tears, family, friends and high powered jobs that caused angst more than once. There was the requisite happily ever after that didn’t look like it would happen even though you were rooting for Cecily and C.J. to recognize that it was more than a fling or lust but love they felt for...more
Kim
3.5 Stars

This was a sweet read with a bit of hotness thrown in. CJ and Cicely did bit around the bush for a long while, and I was patiently waiting for them to get together. I think the author waited a little to long for this to happen, because when they did get together the book just got so much better. CJ was so attentive and caring towards Cicely, which I really didn't expect from his behavior in the previous book, so that was a welcome surprise. The gang was all mentioned in this book...Dian...more
Amore
"With Just One Kiss" by Francis Ray, the second book in her Kiss Trilogy and as a feel good story, I was not disappointed. C. J. and Cicely, two of the most stubborn characters I have met in a long time, also bring an element of honesty that's refreshing in contemporary romance. Without the dance of denial being forefront in the story, Ms. Ray is able to focus on other aspects. The story does follow the contemporary romance format, but I still enjoyed it very much and look forward to the last bo...more
Cocoa Faye
I really like this story but unfortunately I ve read t out of order now having realized it's not the first in the series. Unfortunately I cant seem to find the first book which I thought I bought last.Currently reading A Dangerous Kiss which ties in nicely with the book I just read. Loving Sin and from the looks of it he and Summer are gonna hook up. Love Ms. Ray's family and friends themed series. Was looking forward to more of the Graysons. Rest Peacefully Ms. Ray
Antoinette the Book Junkie
CJ found himself in a boat load of trouble the day he found himself in the presence of Cicely, fashionesta extraordinare. She made lots of assumptions based on appearance, which rub CJ he wrong way big time. Though one dance at a wedding changes perspectives to something totally different.

I love to read about the Graysons' and their friends but I was just not that overly impressed with this Grayson Friend story.
Judith
Jan 17, 2013 Judith added it
I really loved this book. I thought that the plot was perfect and I could see them as a couple living in New York. The love they have for each other is seen in the things they do for each other and the way they care for one another. It is sweet and something that we as humans want to experience once in our lives. I am enamoured and hope to buy the Grayson series to add to my collection.
Racquel
I enjoyed CJ's and Cicely's futile attempts to dislike each other and then their inevitable fall into love. It was refreshing to read another good book by Mrs. Ray in another setting. I love the South but there was an air of 'newness' with this book's northern setting, which I enjoyed. This was an enjoyable read and I can't wait for Sin's story.
Carla
I loved this book. CJ was awesome! He loves his bar and his lifestyle, but his family needs him to take the helm of the family business. I felt so bad for Cicely and I wished her family were better towards her! Cicely, is hard-working, fashionable and a good friend.
I love forward to the next installment in this series.
Shone
Jun 09, 2013 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
You should not judge a person by what they do or how they dress this mistake was made by Cicely St. John the first time she sees C. J. Callahan. But when the chips are down and there is nowhere to turn Cicely must rethink her position.
Tonya Lee
Loved the story of C.J. and Cicely because I did not form the connection in the previous novel. A sidebar for me. However I understand the need to have someone to take care and the need to be loved by someone unconditionally.
Melissa Lenhardt
Thoroughly enjoyable romance. I loved the characters and am excited to read Sin and Summer's story. This was the first Francis Ray novel I've read but it won't be the last.
Jackie
Part two with a different couple & story line to "A Seductive Kiss" ... loved this book. I can't wait to see what the next book in this series... Love love this book!!
Darlene Dejohnette
Cute and romantic. Love it when CJ tells Cecily "goodnight beautiful". Reminds me of a special someone.
Lynn
Love Francis Ray books. This was a great book. Two strong willed individuals finding love was a beautiful thing. Can't wait to read about Sin and Summer.
Kesha
I am thoroughly invested in the grayson friends and their quests to find love. It would be magnificent if men actually existed in the fashion Ray creates them.
Karen Henderson
This book was another typical love story that has the happily ever after ending. I realize this is Ms Ray genre however some of her novels aren't realistic.
JoAnne
To read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Rina
This book was real good like the 1 before it but.. i cant wait for sin and summer i thunk thats go be the best 1.
Angelia
4.5 star rating.....Loved C.J. and Cicely.....Can't wait for the next one!!!
Tiffanie
Two strong spirited people making an explosion in this story! A great read!
Whtyac
Really likable and down to earth characters.
Mzpastrychef
Loved this book!! love the series... Love it all
Michelle
Loved this book! Great story.
Kathy
Another good quick read .
Tricha Leary
Always love a great romance!
Cleo
Love this book....
Night Owl Reviews: With Just One Kiss. 1 6 Apr 24, 2012 09:53AM
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University...more
More about Francis Ray...
Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1) Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3) Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5) Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4) You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)