Start by marking “Beautiful Chickens” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Chickens

Beautiful Chickens

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An awe-inspiring collection featuring commissioned photographic portraits of the best in feathered beauties

Beautiful Chickens takes the humble farmyard fowl and places it in the frame of a top portrait photographer. Stylishly lit and shot against a studio background, the portraits showcase 40 of the world's most distinctive breeds, primped and preened for their moment of f
Published December 6th 2011 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published March 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Chickens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Chickens

Sammy
Jan 26, 2012 Sammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I kind of love this. I'm not a major chicken enthusiast (indeed, as a vegan, some elements of the chicken statistics worry me!) but I came across this book by chance.

The book is literally photos of a wide variety of chicken breeds - seriously, it's like a dog show; I had no idea there were so many types! - with statistics on the opposite page. It could've been deadly boring, or it could've been hilariously tacky.

Instead, the photographs are (I know it's a weird word) tasteful, and the layout of
Sam Still Reading
Nov 14, 2012 Sam Still Reading rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chicken lovers
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: present
Beautiful Chickens. Really, the name says it all. This book is for those who love chickens (of the live type, not of the take-away food variety). It contains exquisitely styled chickens (yes, they did get washed and blow-dried) posing for the camera. It’s not just your average garden variety chickens and the more popular breeds (such as the Rhode Island Red) but the more exotic and rare chickens. This includes chickens with top knots, chickens with feathers on their feet, speckled chickens, bant ...more
Katya
Mar 14, 2014 Katya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from my friend as a joke for Christmas, and though I am not much of chicken enthusiast, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. It's not a book in the sense you pick up and read until you've finished it but you can just look at it whenever you wish.
Fernleaf
Feb 15, 2016 Fernleaf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chickens
Gorgeous pictures!
Sherri
Mar 15, 2012 Sherri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coffee-table
An interesting look at the world of show chickens. Who knew?!
Lovely photographs of various chicken breeds in all their show glory with just enough information to tell you what they are without being too boring.
LisaZen
Feb 20, 2012 LisaZen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fauna, coffee-table
These great chicken photographs are a joy to look at and the presentation of the breeds makes you want to know more.
Carol
Jan 30, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These chickens really are beautiful!
Kent
Kent rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Celia
Celia rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Dom Conway
Dom Conway rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Sister Janet
Sister Janet marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Yllaan
Yllaan added it
Jul 12, 2015
Caitlyn Gardner
Caitlyn Gardner rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
Bridget
Bridget rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Momster2001
Momster2001 rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
David
David added it
May 25, 2015
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2013
Ivy Press
Ivy Press rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
Chris Lilly
Chris Lilly rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2013
Marina Leikin
Marina Leikin rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013