Start by marking “Beautiful Chickens” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An awe-inspiring collection featuring commissioned photographic portraits of the best in feathered beauties

Beautiful Chickens
takes the humble farmyard fowl and places it in the frame of a top portrait photographer. Stylishly lit and shot against a studio background, the portraits showcase 40 of the world's most distinctive breeds, primped and preened for their moment of f
Published December 6th 2011 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published March 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Chickens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Chickens

Sammy
I kind of love this. I'm not a major chicken enthusiast (indeed, as a vegan, some elements of the chicken statistics worry me!) but I came across this book by chance.

The book is literally photos of a wide variety of chicken breeds - seriously, it's like a dog show; I had no idea there were so many types! - with statistics on the opposite page. It could've been deadly boring, or it could've been hilariously tacky.

Instead, the photographs are (I know it's a weird word) tasteful, and the layout of
Sam Still Reading
Nov 14, 2012 Sam Still Reading rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chicken lovers
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: present
Beautiful Chickens. Really, the name says it all. This book is for those who love chickens (of the live type, not of the take-away food variety). It contains exquisitely styled chickens (yes, they did get washed and blow-dried) posing for the camera. It’s not just your average garden variety chickens and the more popular breeds (such as the Rhode Island Red) but the more exotic and rare chickens. This includes chickens with top knots, chickens with feathers on their feet, speckled chickens, bant ...more
Katya
I received this book from my friend as a joke for Christmas, and though I am not much of chicken enthusiast, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. It's not a book in the sense you pick up and read until you've finished it but you can just look at it whenever you wish.
Sherri
An interesting look at the world of show chickens. Who knew?!
Lovely photographs of various chicken breeds in all their show glory with just enough information to tell you what they are without being too boring.
LisaZen
These great chicken photographs are a joy to look at and the presentation of the breeds makes you want to know more.
Carol
These chickens really are beautiful!
Sister Janet
Sister Janet marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Yllaan
Yllaan added it
Jan 23, 2015
David
David added it
Jun 08, 2014
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Doris McAllister
Doris McAllister marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012