Start by marking “Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc., #3)” as Want to Read:
Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc., #3)

Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc. #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  25 reviews
""I need your help""Bodyguarding is Kyra Morgan's business--but this was supposed to be a vacation! Still, she can't refuse the request from childhood friend and neighbor Michael Hunt. Michael's sister Amy ran away after witnessing a murder. Michael needs Kyra's help to find her and keep her safe. Yet as Kyra and Michael follow the trail along the Florida coast, their sear ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden in the Everglades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden in the Everglades

Brittany
I needed a book to read that would fulfill the newest book cover requirement (FOG) called for in my Goodreads Book Cover Bingo challenge. So, I scanned my bookshelves, both real and virtual, and came up with a few possibilities. I am really glad that I chose to read hidden in the Everglades. Not only does the cover have some really good swamp fog, but the story inside is a very well-written one.

Hidden in the Everglades has a strong female main character. I wasn’t sure when I read the back of the
Maggie
I had high hopes for this book, and maybe it got better, but I gave it my requisite 20 pages and gave up. Two people were just shot and murdered next door, the assailant is running loose in the neighborhood, and the neighbor (a handsome doctor naturally) is flirting with the female cop (who is stunningly beautiful and smells like vanilla of course)and reminiscing about the good old days. Really?

And I have a low tolerance for the excruciating details about mannerisms and facial expressions. "His
Michelle
Guardians, Inc.
Book 3

Kyra Morgan used to be a cop, but now runs her own all-woman bodyguard agency. She's on a much needed break, but what she thinks is going to be a relaxing vacation turns deadly when two men are murdered almost right in front of her. She soon finds herself int he middle of a murderous chase as the remaining witness, a sixteen year old girl, is running for her life. She assists her brother, Dr. Michael Hunt, in finding her and getting her to safety.

She had known Michael years
Melissa
When i received Hidden in the Everglades by Margaret Daley in my mailbox I was immediately intrigued by the cover, with a beautiful scene of an alligator in a foggy swamp. The intriguing part is the stamped words GUARDIANS, INC. in the corner. The first page reveals it to be a company of female bodyguards, which sounds cool. It turns out the tagline is: Born to protect, bound to fall in love, which I love! The first two chapters hooked me, with immediate action but it was all downhill from chapt ...more
Angela Lynn Holland
I picked this book up to read because I wanted something quick and good to read that would hold my attention. Hidden in the Everglades did not disappoint me in the least. From the first page this book grabbed my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat. For a short book it packed a great punch. Throughout the book I was kept trying to figure out what Amy was up and how she was involved in the murder and why they could not find her. I also like how Michael and Kyra were helping each other as ...more
Juanita Wickey
Love books with a lot of suspense in it. The story most definitely was full of suspense.
This book was so good I finished it in two days. Some books one can't put down for long, but race to get back to finish the story, find out what is going to happen, are they going to be found. Would highly recommend this book.
Paula-O
This is a LIS by Margaret Daley called "Hidden in the Everglades".
Kyra is on vacation in Florida where she grew up from her business of "Bodyguarding", almost instantly she is involved in suspense that surrounds her and someone she knew and had more then little interest in when she was growing up. His sister gets entangled in sinister dealings and is running and hiding from "bad guys with big guns".
Michael ask Kyra's help in finding his sister and before you know it there are dead bodies and l
Bernette Beals
Hidden in the Everglades review

Hidden in the Everglades is the third book in Guardians, Inc. series written by author Margaret Daley. It's a good romantic suspense.
Wendy Sparkes
Murder, assaults, shootings & 2 missing teenagers.

What did the girls see?

What do they know?

Who wants to silence them forever?

Protection specialist & former cop Kara teams up with Michael, older brother of one of the missing girls, to search for the girls...& keep one step ahead of the bad guys as they comb the everglades ~ a good place to hide from danger...& a good place to conceal a secret.
Sharon
Romantic Suspense. Light reading.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Guardians, Inc.
Category: Inspirational Romance

"This is the third book of Margaret's series Guardians, Inc. It is a "can't put it down until you finish" book because you are not sure how the hero, heroine and two teenagers are going to survive the killer who is after them." From a review posted by an Harlequin.com member, to read more go here.
A Lee
I love it that Kyra the leader of Guardians Inc. is still in her business and is getting married. I thought for sure she wouldn't. Plus the Black Mamba got caught instead of escaping justice through death.
Rob
I've been an avid reader of the Love Inspired "Romance" books, this is my first from the Love Inspired "Suspense" I had a very hard time getting into this book, I was completely bored...I did however enjoy the last few chapters, perhaps because I knew I was close to the end. Since I have 5 others, am hoping the next will be better
I think the author had the ability to write this mystery, chase, suspense, detective, love story. However, I wish they were intermingled more and not such specific blocks of theme throughout the book. I will try more of her books but this was boring the first half. It need the above genres blended more.
Judine
I liked the character connections between Kyra and Michael, but the plot made a few too many jumps in the process of finding Michael's sister amy and then bringing in the terrorism angle. I would have preferred more time to know Amy, since she is so central to the plotline.
Ruby
my second First Reads win! very enjoyable story with great characters. Ms. Daley writes a good twist. she had me thinking that the villain mastermind was definitely someone they were not for half the book. i look forward to investigating her other writings.
Stephanie
I got this book as a weekend read. . short book. I was pretty disappointed. The plot was so unbelievable. The characters were pretty shallow and predictable. The whole plot was weird.
John Hanscom
I almost made it a two. The story is a good one, but it is a poorly written book, and in at least two places, maybe three, the author says things clearly not intended.
Patricia
This had a few twists and turns but it is not who you think the killer is.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Guardians, Inc.
Category: Inspirational Romance
Nina
great suspense and tons of non stop action, great read!
Swhe641200
1/2013 Kathy Ahern book. Quick read suspense and romance.
Gretchen Eyler
It was a pleasant read with some intensity.
Mary
A good read, not very deep.
PWRL
Aug 16, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Yuliya
Yuliya marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
JUB
JUB marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Face of Danger
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)
  • The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)
  • Zero Visibility
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of seventy-six books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.
More about Margaret Daley...

Guardians, Inc. (6 books)
  • Christmas Bodyguard (Guardians, Inc., #1)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • Guarding the Witness (Guardians, Inc., #5)
  • Bodyguard Reunion
Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1) When Night Falls Love Gone to the Dogs Shattered Silence (Men of the Texas Rangers, #2) Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)