Start by marking “Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4: Division” as Want to Read:
Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4: Division

Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4: Division (Gotham City Sirens #20-21, 23-26)

Together, Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are three of Gotham City's most powerful quasi-reformed criminals. But when Harley stages a riot in Arkham Asylum to reach her former employer and lover the Joker, it could be the beginning of the end for Gotham City Sirens.

As the situation inside Arkham quickly spins out of control, and Harley becomes more and more mired in
Published March 13th 2012 by DC Comics (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gotham City Sirens Vol. 4

Magdalena
Dec 19, 2015 Magdalena rated it really liked it
Finally some Harley Quinn action in this last volume. Harley decides that enough is enough and breaks into Arkham Asylum to kill the Joker...how it goes...well...you chose if you want to see the spoiler or not...;)

(view spoiler)

There was of course also some action for Ivy and Catwoman, including one issue that just concerned Selina and her sister. It felt very out of place since Harley is hell bent on killing the Joker in this volume, but let Catwoman have a whole issue just dea
John Yelverton
Mar 04, 2012 John Yelverton rated it really liked it
Very fascinating read that takes the Harley Quinn character and paints her into an entirely different and more dangerous light.
Sesana
Jun 27, 2012 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I've really enjoyed Gotham City Sirens, and I'm still sad that the title got canceled when the New 52 came in. But I did find the ending here pretty satisfying. At least it's an actual ending that explains why the entire series had to go away, instead of just an abrupt one. Everything to do with Harley and her Puddin' was spot on. I especially liked how the first part of the story let Harley's psychiatric skills shine. The Maggie storyline was odd, and came to an abrupt and not exactly natural ...more
Sam Quixote
Dec 23, 2013 Sam Quixote rated it liked it
The fragile alliance of semi-reformed bad girls - Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn, the Gotham City Sirens - fractures for good in this book as Harley goes to Arkham to face down puddin' and winds up inevitably falling for him all over again. Ivy and Catwoman fall out over going back to save Harley and the girls have a showdown in Gotham.

The book is kind of a novel idea of putting the three characters together and making them kind of heroes especially as only one could really have a claim
Emma
Aug 04, 2015 Emma rated it liked it
I don't know how to rate this. Mostly, I just wanted Harley, Ivy and Selina to play house together forever, being adorable and stealin' stuff bestie-to-bestie...-to-bestie. But alas, all good things must come to an end, or something. They'll work it out though...right?
Anne
Nov 19, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it

I think it was a pretty decent ending for these guys. You knew they couldn't stay together forever...

I think the story with Catwoman and her sister was probably the worst of the bunch. It was part of a larger story line in Batman: Gotham Shall Be Judged, and wouldn't make much sense to someone who hadn't read that title. In it, Azrael picks Batman (Dick, not Bruce), Red Robin, and Catwoman as sort of champions for Gotham. If one of them passes the test, he'll spare the city from God's w
Cory
Dec 11, 2011 Cory rated it did not like it
This is probably one of the worst endings I've ever read. Just when I thought DC was doing something right -- conquering sexism and misogynistic tropes -- they fail. Epically.

1.5 stars for Poison Ivy.
Callie Rose Tyler
Jun 05, 2012 Callie Rose Tyler rated it liked it
All of the Arkham Asylum/Joker/Harley sequences are wonderful, prefect, interesting, well written and fun.

The wrap up between Catwoman and her psycho sister Maggie is pretty lame. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of religious zealots or exorcisms or plots that don't make sense. Catwoman is forced to choose to either kill her sister to save gotham, or....just save gotham??? Gee, what's a girl to do? I didn't quite understand why Catwoman needed to kill her sister as a penance, and I don't think t
Nasir Shah
Sep 14, 2016 Nasir Shah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Nice!
Boots
Feb 09, 2013 Boots rated it really liked it
This is the way to go out on a bang! I had to give this final volume an extra star just for saving this whole series from being an utter waste of paper. And Dini finally writes Harley in a way that makes sense in the non-cartoon world: she's utterly psychotic, cunning, and actually murderous (it was frankly shocking to see her kill, and yet it shouldn't be!). Her rampaging break-in at Arkham was full of the suspense that the whole series had been lacking: here's an event that could actually have ...more
Pturingan
Jan 21, 2013 Pturingan rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhero
For the entire series so far, Harley Quinn was usually just the comic relief in the group, with most stories featuring either Catwoman or Poison Ivy. That all changed in this, the final volume, and it's also what leads to the eventual break-up of the group. I guess the break-up was inevitable given the unstable personalities of all 3 girls. A good enough way for a series to end (although it was probably forced due to DC's New 52 "reboot"). This series won't go down in history as a milestone in ...more
David Areyzaga
Dec 05, 2014 David Areyzaga rated it it was amazing
Sam
Aug 14, 2012 Sam rated it liked it
3.5 -- A solid ending to my beloved Sirens. It's hard to accept in some cases that this series is over considering how it had the perfect balance of humor and seriousness. I loved that it played with all the pairings, and you so knew that Harley would never have it in her to kill the Joker no matter how hard she tired. I loved that in the end, they decided they need each other, regardless of the things that keep them a part. Great stuff, hope to read more Sirens in the future.
Annice22
Jul 10, 2014 Annice22 rated it it was amazing
I thought these were great stories. They showed Harley Quinn at her best and baddest as she tried to break into Arkham to put and end to the Joker. They also showed that no matter what Poison Ivy is a loyal friend and how tough Catwoman really is. These were the last stories in the series before the reboot.
Sir Laguna
Dec 21, 2014 Sir Laguna rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, dc
CReo que es uno de los comics mas importantes que hay que leer para comprender a Harley Quinn, su obsesión con "Mistah J" y su relación con Poison Ivy. Lástima que a mitad de esta compilación haya un tomo sobre Gatúbela y su batalla cn Azrael que no tiene NADA que ver con la historia principal y termina rompiendo por completo la lectura.
Angela
Apr 24, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
One of the real shames about the New 52 is that this series had to end. In this final volume, Harley has a confrontation with the Joker, and all those things that have niggled Catwoman throughout come to the surface. It is a true ending, but I really wish it didn't finish. The characters are a joy to read and the stories are engaging. A very good read.
P.
Nov 13, 2014 P. rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
If this were a movie the tagline would be: "there's a thin line between love and hate..."

I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of arkham asylum/prison. perhaps they should relocate it underwater or something.
Library
Aug 23, 2015 Library rated it liked it
(issue #20-26) Though the end is predictable by the title, I wish the sirens would have continued. Nonetheless, I enjoyed their journey and growth from time together. The inclusion of issue #22 from Judgement on Gotham has me just confused enough to look into it in the future.
Mckinlay
3.5 i thought the ending didn't make a whole lot of sense but still good. i just keep shipping Harley and Ivy more and more as i continue to read comics with both of them.
Jemz Thomson
Apr 24, 2012 Jemz Thomson rated it it was amazing
Fantastic volume of stories about my three favourite Gotham women. Gets right to the core of their relationships with each other and their motivations.
Ming Siu
Oct 26, 2012 Ming Siu rated it liked it
Characterization of Harley was fresh, and there are some interesting two-page spreads in there. But the story could've used some quieter moments and clearer artwork. It just felt messy and rushed.
Silje
Jul 24, 2012 Silje rated it it was amazing
I really hope that this is not the end, because I would really like to read more of these.. It was a very good comic though! I really loved it!
Kamalini Govender
Kamalini Govender rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Cindy Sarkany
Cindy Sarkany rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
L. Petunia
L. Petunia rated it it was ok
May 03, 2012
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2014
Mokosah
Mokosah rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
  • Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit
  • Gotham City Sirens, Volume 2: Songs of the Sirens
  • Catwoman, Vol. 3: Relentless
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us #4
  • Harley Quinn #2 (The New 52)
  • Batman/Two-Face/Scarecrow: Year One
  • Catwoman: When in Rome
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 11: Metropolis or Dust
  • Secret Six, Vol. 4: Cats in the Cradle
  • Batman #17 (New 52 Batman, #17)

Gotham City Sirens (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1: Union