Start by marking “Erweckt (Mercy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Erweckt (Mercy, #2)

Erweckt (Mercy #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,959 ratings  ·  189 reviews
Mercy erwacht im Körper von Lela, die in einem Restaurant jobbt. Als dort ein Verrückter mit einem Amoklauf droht, sind Mercys übernatürliche Kräfte gefragt. Kann sie Lela und die Gäste retten?
Published January 1st 2012 by Ravensburger Buchverlag (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Erweckt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erweckt

Melissa
I really enjoyed this book. I literally finished the first book and started right away with this one. I got addicted.

This book is a bit slower in a sense and more confined. With Mercy it revolved around mystery, suspense, romance and it had a lot of characters. Mercy interacted with a lot of people and it seemed like there was always something going on. Things kept happening. Especially because she and Ryan kept searching for Lauren and following leads, while at the same time Mercy was going th...more
Brodie
Exile picks up exactly where the first book ended. Ripped away from Carmen Zappacosta's body, Mercy is once again thrust into an unknown life. She finds herself in a completely different season, time zone, continent.... an entire ocean away from the human boy she came to grow feelings for, Ryan Daley. Welcome to Melbourne, Australia. And our host body for the novel? Lela Neill. Lela works at The Green Lantern, a cafe which attracts a colourful and varied collection of customers - from suit-weari...more
Isamlq
I’m a big fan of Mercy. The writing in the first book was descriptive, lyrical even, but not boring, the story took me a place unexpected. I loved that the story was not just of a boy meets girl, falls head over heels for her, while a battle of good and evil is waged. Instead it’s of one girl who doesn’t know who she is or what she is, and of the girl whose body the former occupies.

There’s more those things in Exile, but this time Mercy is in Lena. Her story is a touch sadder and tougher than C...more
Kay
(3.5/5)

When I read Mercy a few weeks ago, I felt the kind of excitement I hadn't felt in a long time for a YA paranormal series. It was offering me something new, a unique voice, and a mysterious setting. As soon as I finished reading it, I made plans to read the next book really soon.

This is to say that, I went into Exile with high expectations. And it's not that the book let me down, exactly. It was actually quite good; just not on the same exact level as Mercy. For one thing, this book clearl...more
Sue Bursztynski
I had to read this overnight because a student at my school is waiting for it. I'm enjoying this series so far. It's not for younger girls, who wouldn't get the background issues, but fifteen years and up should enjoy it.

I like the difference from other angel novels I've had to read because the students are reading them. Maybe that only says I'm an old teacher-librarian who's been through too many fads over the years and has had enough of the Gothic romances that form most of teen girl reading t...more
Mel (who is deeply in love with herself)
The second in the Mercy series.

I have hardly ever given a book two stars, and never a one star, because i try and see the best in every book. But this one was different. There were too many things wrong with it.

Rebecca Lim managed to sound pretentious and snooty throughout the whole book. The first few pages were okay, but then she began describing the universe and cosmos, and she couldn't quite get it right. Several times, complicated words were used, when the more simple terms would have suit...more
Book Angel Emma
Nice insight into the unanswered question from book 1 yet more need to be unearthed

I must start by saying that this is book 2 in the series and this review may therefore contain spoilers to Book 1 Mercy. I will also state that I am writing this review after finishing the whole series, therefore I have added insight into the plot due to the benefit of hindsight.

There is very important information revealed in this book, something that doesn't automatically click into place until the very end. In t...more
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
Oct 13, 2014 Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ppl i hate, ppl i want to make them suffer, ppl who want to kill themselves..
Recommended to Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ by: ME!! KILL ME!!
I don't even care.. i am not into this series.. it feels like ageny reading it,,, it is only good for me when Ryan is around, which is not happening often.. and how come it always ends with mercy suffering from an injury at last.. i mean the plot is not interesting, it is boring in a parts.. and at the last 20 pages it get so stuffed with - everything - i don't even understand who is good and who is bad .. maybe i shouldn't maybe not until the 3rd book that is so not on my reading list next , AH...more
Whatchyareading
It may not be released in the USA for awhile, but it is out here in Canada and in England and Australia, so Christine and I though we’d review Exile by Rebecca Lim.

Cause, why not?

Caitlin: Directly after reading Mercy I went on Goodreads (and then Amazon and BookDepository) trying to figure out when Exile would be released. It was difficult to puzzle it out. It seems to have three different english release dates and none of them are near one another or connected or anything. So, I just sort of le...more
Alice Of Wonderland
Exile is thankfully not the name of our main heroine, Mercy. Mercy returns again, though it is not her that I'm coming back for. It is mostly because of the plot and storyline. I want to find the other angels, and I don't care about the bad characters or boring beginnings or etc. Isn't that a bit sad? Oh, well. Mercy can end up being dead for all I care. Oh, wait. That is exactly... Damn, it. Spoilers. I can't reveal spoilers, especially not that big of a one.

Most people go to church. How could...more
Erin
If you haven't read Mercy yet please do! While the angel and demon worlds are rocking the YA book world - some great and others not entirely - but Rebecca Lim's world is twisted in a very interesting way and even in EXILE, it proves that she knows what she's doing!

Full review: http://talesoftheinnerbookfanatic.blo...
Diana
Why?!

Mercy was a fantastic book, so after a few minutes debating whether I wanted to read the sequel or let the first book stand on its own, I went ahead and bought Exile.

And boy, I rather wish I hadn't.

So first, I want to say that Rebecca Lim writes beautifully. Her lyrical prose was all that kept me going at a few points.

Now, onto the bad. A fat lot of nothing happens in this book. Mercy wakes up in a new body and once again struggles to adapt to the new girl's life. Oh, and Luc tells her to f...more
Chloe
Meh. Not the best. Probably didn't help that I haven't read the first one, but it just seemed not driven enough, not enough to keep me gripped. Didn't take me long to read, but that wasn't because of the plot - purely because I didn't have anything else to do. Which isn't an insult to the book, but I didn't really find a true point to it. It was pretty much the same thing throughout, and the plot can be summarised in one sentence - (view spoiler)...more
Brooke
I loved it! The plot thickened and the characters grew within the book. Slowly but surely more and more information was discovered, about Mercy's past and her new life as Lela Neill. Loved how to book was set in Australia:P I liked it even more than the first one!
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
I liked this book. I like how Mercy is a different person everytime, it keeps things interesting. I also enjoy the mystery of it, wondering why she is how she is. I would've liked to have more of Ryan in it but whatever :P
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Gorgeous. Review to come. Hopeful the next two books will be available in the US soon since they're already both our in other countries. I doubt it, but fingers crossed because I really want to know what comes next.
Hannah Lawson
Very boring, nothing really happened.
Extremely disappointing. The first in the Mercy
series was great, but this book is tiring to read.
Alina
Exile is not as big on the real life mystery as the first one, but it’s still an interesting life Mercy and the reader is thrown into. Lela deals with a very serious problem of a terminally ill mother and having to give up her own ambitions in order to provide for her. But her dead-end job at a café actually proves to be quite good for her with many people actively caring for her.

Mercy is still trying to figure out who and what she is and the reader is too. There are still so many questions ope...more
Tamara
It was good. I will read the next one for sure.
YA Reads Book Reviews
Last year we were introduced to Mercy series and it got off to an interesting start. A unique concept plus a killer cover made for a great combination. I, like many, were really looking forward to the second book in the series, Exile.

When we last saw Mercy she was in the small town of Paradise as Carmen Zappacosta. After facing a kidnapping and dolling out punishment to her captor with powers she thought were lost to her, she also started to develop feelings for Ryan, a mortal. Before she could...more
Bookworm1858
Source: Received an e-ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

In 2011, I picked up a random book from Netgalley and was blown away by its enthralling story that kept me on the edge of my seat. That book of course was Mercy in its American release (originally from Australia). Naturally I eagerly awaited the release of the rest of the books in the series and we finally reach book 2 with the pending release of Exile.

Although it has been two years, I still anticipated this sequel and lovi...more
Martina ♥ Bookaholic
Aus den Fängen des Internets… oder nein, eher aus einer verstaubten Word-Datei habe ich diese uralt Rezi ausgegraben und entstaub. Das Buch selbst habe ich vor ca. 1-2 Jahren gelesen und rezensiert, trotzdem wünsche ich noch eine gute Unterhaltung beim Lesen^^

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Nachdem mir der erste Teil ‚Gefangen‘ in der Mercy- Reihe wirklich sehr gut gefallen hat, weiß ich nun nicht so ganz, was ich vom Nachfolgerband ‚Erweckt‘ halten soll.
Wie ich schon im Voraus befürchtet habe, ist leid...more
Justine
Exile is the second novel by Rebecca Lim in the Mercy series, about an angel named Mercy who wakes up in different bodies and is doomed to repeatedly return to Earth.This time, Mercy wakes up as Lela, a girl who is looking after her dying mother.

*SPOILER ALERT*

This book is different because this time Mercy has memories of her life as Carmen. And she remembers Ryan and has feelings for him. Lela works at cafe called the Green Lantern which basically has the same customers coming in everyday, they...more
Libby
A lovely follow-up to Mercy, I read it in the same day!
There is no decrease in the quality of the book or the strength of the plotline. In fact I'm pretty confident that this could stand alone. I'm super excited to get my hands on the next two which makes a change as normally I always feel annoyed at series books.
I'm really impressed in how Rebecca Lim has kept up the flow of the story and she is an inspiration to me. Both thumbs up!
My only peeve is that, initially, when I'm given the name of a...more
Bonnie
In Mercy I was finding myself growing to like the fallen angel and enjoy the story, but after Exile I find that I don’t like Mercy anymore and there are elements of the story that are starting to antagonise me. As far as series goes, I don’t think I can continue on with this one.

It’s not a bad read and it is an interesting concept; the fundamental idea of a woman being injected into another’s body over and over again resulting in her fighting a battle to find herself, remember how this sentence...more
Shaheen
While Mercy read like a thriller, Exile is more of a contemporary novel, describing the struggles of Lela (and through her, Mercy) as she takes care of her dying mother. Instead of trying to solve a missing-person case, Mercy is struggling to handle day-to-day life as Lela, and this brings out harder side to her. I didn’t like Mercy’s willingness to use those around her to achieve her means, but other than that her character continues to be interesting and evolve.

I feel the plot of the book lag...more
Amanda Pedulla
Like the first novel, Mercy is brought back to the normal world in another persons body. This time around, before she goes into the next person, the novel goes to meeting Luc again. Luc is Mercy's "companion, or Immortal lover" so to speak. We learn more of their relationship when he meets her in her dreams. This concept was a nice way of introducing the reader into the story again. In this dream like state before she goes into another body, Luc sets up a plan for him and Mercy to meet again. In...more
Jennifer Lee
Yes, I did read both Mercy and Exile in one day. I had a 5 hour drive and a 2 hour flight so I spent alot of time reading today.

I honestly liked this one just as much as Mercy, maybe just a smidgen more. Lela's life is pretty hard and I really liked how much more harder it was then Carmens.

Mercy awakes in Lela's body this time, and Lela's mother is dying of cancer. She works in a coffee shop where she gets treated pretty poorly, and she doesn't like her life. This was a really sad one to read,...more
Bips
I loved this book. I was so excited to read this, I couldn't sit at a place once I got this book in my hand.

MIND BLOWING. One word that can easily describe this book. I loved Mercy even more in this book. I understood her better. In this book she has moved on from Carmen to an eighteen year old Lela Neill working as a waitress in a cafe, daughter to a dying mother. The dynamics of Lela is so different from Carmen, its amazing to see how Mercy is still her and has her moments.

this time when she '...more
Caitlings
Review first posted at whatchYAreading.net

It may not be released in the USA for awhile, but it is out here in Canada and in England and Australia, so Christine and I though we'd review Exile by Rebecca Lim.

Cause, why not?

• Angel Creek
  • Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • Silvermay (Silvermay, #1)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Kindred
  • Wish (Faerieground Trilogy, #1)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • The Wildkin's Curse
  • A Pocketful of Eyes
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Penitence (Heavenly, #2)
Rebecca Lim is a writer and illustrator based in Melbourne, Australia. She worked as a commercial lawyer for several years before leaving to write full time. Rebecca is the author of fifteen books for children and young adult readers and her novels have been translated into German, French, Turkish, Portuguese and Polish.

The Astrologer's Daughter is out now with Text Publishing.
More about Rebecca Lim...
Mercy (Mercy, #1) Muse (Mercy, #3) Fury (Mercy, #4) The Sweet Life (Girlfriend Fiction, #7) The Astrologer's Daughter