Start by marking “Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote, #37)” as Want to Read:
Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote, #37)

Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote #37)

Published April 3rd 2012 by NAL Hardcover (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble at High Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble at High Tide

Lesley
Good satisfactory who dun it mystery that gave me fond memories of the TV show. I think this series will be perfect for my 86 yr old mother in law, always asking for books with no swearing or sex! But I would read more in this series, entertaining enough!
Victoria
Sep 04, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
Reading a Murder She Wrote mystery is like putting on a favourite set of flannel pj's. I've read 37 of them and they are a comfortable, familiar read. You know exactly what to expect and you get it. The language is clean, although there was one swear word that jumped off the page being such an odd thing to see in a MSW. Jessica isn't hopping into bed with anyone and neither is anyone else. You have to guess whodunit. This is just a perfect book to curl up with for a day of pleasant, relaxing ...more
Christine
May 04, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Mystery writer Jessica Fletcher is exhausted after her last book tour and happily accepts an acquaintance’s offer of a free beach cabin in beautiful Bermuda. Recently some young women have been murdered on the island by a killer who seems to be channeling Jack the Ripper. For Jessica, it still promises to be a peaceful vacation with nothing on her itinerary except some shopping, sightseeing, and lounging on the beach with a good book. However, while taking a stroll on the beach, Jessica ...more
Thomas Bruso
May 31, 2014 Thomas Bruso rated it it was amazing
In Donald Bain's lively 37th Murder She Wrote novel, "Trouble at High Tide", the absorbing plot cleverly hinges on a Jack-the-Ripper type-style case. And fans of the series will not be able to turn the pages fast enough to reach the "stormy" climatic ending between Jessica Fletcher and the killer.

While in Bermuda for a much-needed visit with her friend, Thomas Betterton, a federal judge from New Jersey, Jessica Fletcher wants to enjoy some R & R, a quiet stroll on the famed pink beaches and
Cheryl Landmark
Mar 23, 2013 Cheryl Landmark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Jessica Fletcher thrilled me with her intelligence, grit and sleuthing prowess. I always enjoy the Murder, She Wrote books and this one was no exception. And, the locale of beautiful Bermuda made it all the more interesting and delightful.

Jessica, hoping to relax on the beach and do nothing more challenging than deciding what to eat and where to go shopping on the gorgeous tourist paradise, found herself once more embroiled in a messy murder when she stumbled across the dead body of
Jul 19, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
It was better than some other mysteries that peg themselves to a TV series or movie, etc.
In this story, Jessica takes advantage of an invitation to spend a week at an upscale cottage in Bermuda as a guest of her friend, Judge Betterton. Since it has been raining buckets all week at her home town, she packs her bags and takes off.
She meets an assortment of people at her vacation home. There is the Judge, of course, and assorted children of said judge, exes of said judge, and the apparent future
James
Nov 15, 2013 James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
This was my first of the Murder She Wrote series. I am a long time fan of the old TV series. The book read like the series. I can almost see Angela Lansburg as I read this book. Like many of the TV episodes, this one starts off innocently enough. Jessica Fletcher is on vacation in Bermuda. She has accepted an invitation from a judge who she met on a book tour. When she arrives, the island is abuzz over a trio of murders that bear an eerie resemblance to the 1888 Jack the Ripper killings. As she ...more
Kellene
Jul 22, 2016 Kellene rated it liked it
While on vacation in Bermuda, Jessica Fletcher is surprised to hear the local population is abuzz over a trio of murders, each bearing an eerie resemblance to the 1888 Jack the Ripper killings. Jessica dismisses the panicked chatter as just that-until her friend Thomas Betterton's niece is found dead on the beach after a party. And when Scotland Yard Inspector George Sutherland arrives to investigate, Jessica can't help but get involved-an act that brings her dangerously close to a killer...

I ha
Paul Lunger
The 37th entry in the Murder She Wrote series "Trouble at High Tide" takes us back to Bermuda where Jessica Fletcher is on vacation. Upon arrival, everyone is a bit concerned over murders resembling Jack the Ripper. When she stumbled onto a body at the party of her friend Judge Betterton, a mystery ensues to see if it's tied into the recent killings or something separate. With the help of the local authorities & her Scotland Yard friend, George Sutherland, a mystery ensues that is pretty ...more
Traci
Jul 16, 2016 Traci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: travel-bingo
I really enjoyed this book. Jessica was invited down to Bermuda for a week of relaxation. On her first night there, her plans were derailed when there was a murder. Jessica investigated the murder while enjoying what suppose to be a relaxing vacation.

Even though there weren't too many suspects, Jessica had to work through all of the tension within the victim's family. It made for a good read.

This was the first Murder She Wrote book but it won't be the last. I really enjoyed the pacing of the bo
Richard
Apr 10, 2013 Richard rated it really liked it
I never am disappointed by any of the "Murder, She Wrote" books. Anywhere Jessica goes, murder is sure to be there soon. Bermuda is no exception. Jessica is invited to spend a relaxing vacation in Bermuda, at the home of a U.S. judge. She arrives to find the island buzzing about a series of murders which apparently are the work of another Jack the Ripper killer. When the judge's niece is found on the beach (by Jessica) with her throat slashed, everyone assumes that she is the latest victim of ...more
Jaret
Jul 02, 2012 Jaret rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-star-books
Another fabulous installment in the Murder, She Wrote series. This one was a little bit gorier than the usual story, but what can you expect with a Jack the Ripper-style slaying? Donald Bain added some really colorful characters in this story that made it very fun to read. My only complaint was that Jessica was following two mysteries--one wrapped up beautifully; the other seemed thrown together. However this was so minor I still loved the story.
Susan
May 15, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
Jessica Fletcher is vacationing in Bermuda, at the invitation of federal judge Tom Betterton, when tragedy strikes. A member of the party is killed, it seems by the same Jack the Ripper imitator who has been terrorizing the island. Jessica's platonic pal George Sutherland has sent a party of Scotland Yard specialists to help the Bermuda police, and phones to ask her to consult with them. Naturally, Jessica's help enables the police to arrest two murderers.
Cynthia
Murder She Wrote books much like the tv series and you can picture what is going on while you are reading. Often it's not good if you watch a movie/tv show before reading a book that is similar or same first. But for having watched the series before reading a book with the same character of this series isn't an issue.

By the end of the book everything is neatly tied up in a bow making it an easy read similar to watching an episode but perhaps taking longer than an episode.
Sandybear76
May 15, 2012 Sandybear76 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
I started this book last night and have easily read several pages. Jessica is staying at a friend's beach cottage in Bermuda and she is expecting long walks on the warm beach and reading a few books. What she is not expecting is trouble, which shows up on the beach near the cottage she is staying at.
Anita
May 30, 2016 Anita rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of the tv show, and absolutely love this installment to the series. I thought I knew who the culprit was,but I was pleasantly surprised. I love that. Every character was important to the story, and gave the reader several red herrings to think about. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good cozy mystery.
Miriam
Mar 23, 2013 Miriam added it
I did skip and skim through this book thinking some parts might be too "thrilling" for me. In the book, Jessica Fletcher explains to someone that her mysteries are more character driven. I think that thought captures part of why I like Murder, She Wrote so much.
Terry
Jul 15, 2015 Terry rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-vernie
Jessica Fletcher is a eccentric busy body in many ways but she is a likable lady and her intuition and investigative thinking uncovers even the deepest secrets. For a television series based novel this was fine but certainly not as compelling as our typical genre of mystery or thriller fiction.
Beatrice Drury
Sep 01, 2014 Beatrice Drury rated it really liked it
Who killed Alicia Betterton?

Jessica is staying with Judge Betterton in Bermuda and there are Jack the Ripper type murders happening on the island. Was Alicia a victim of Jack or was it someone else?

This is the usual cozy murder mystery from Murder, She Wrote. A fun and easy read.
Kate
Aug 24, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
A good entry to the series, but not as fast paced as some of the others. A little slow at times as Jessica was often in meetings, at dinners, etc. Still, a nice summer read and I thought I had it figured out but was wrong! Looking forward to the next in this great series.
Stephanie
Jan 28, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
This is not a great work of literature, but if you are reading a "Murder She Wrote" book, you aren't looking for great literature, you just want a nice little story. That's exactly what you get here. I will be checking other books in this series out for sure.
Herb
Jessica Fletcher's latest case is another winner. There were some really good surprises in this latest caper, set on the island of Bermuda where some Jack the Ripper-like cases have been occuring. However, are they all committed by the same killer? A good read (pun intended.)
Elaine
Jun 04, 2012 Elaine rated it liked it
I always like the MSW mysteries when I want an easier read without a lot of violence and gore. Jessica Fletcher is like an old friend.
Pat
Jun 26, 2015 Pat rated it it was amazing

I find these mysteries very enjoyable. This is the 37th in the series and I have enjoy every single one. You don't need to start at the beginning, but I would anyway.
Jacqueline
Apr 26, 2012 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Much better then the last book in the series, it featured one of my favorite characters, the mystery was engaging with a nod to Jack the Ripper.
Juanita
Feb 21, 2013 Juanita rated it really liked it
Always enjoy Jessica and the Murder She Wrote series but this one felt like it really dragged on and got on so many outside tangents. Of course, did not know the killer as usual until the end!
donna erickson
Good

this book started a little slow, but picked up quickly. I liked it very much. most of the murder she wrote books are fun to read.
Harry
May 08, 2014 Harry rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best book in this series I have read. The case is exciting, there aren't too many characters (a first for this series) and tension runs throughout. Very pleased to have read it.
Linda
Aug 24, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Always a good read - a book for a lazy day when you just want to enjoy and read a good mystery set in a beautiful location. Time spent time with Jessica Fletcher are 'happy days'indeed.
Rosemary
I loved this book as I have enjoyed all of this series. The plot moves along at a nice pace and the characters stay true to the previous books. For the mystery lover these books are very satisfying.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Women's Myste...: #36 Trouble At High Tide 1 4 Aug 10, 2013 12:21AM
  • Mr. Monk is a Mess (Mr. Monk, #14)
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • Murder of the Bride (Rex Graves Mystery #5)
  • Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks, #4)
  • Raining Cats & Dogs (Melanie Travis, #12)
  • Dead Roots (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #7)
  • Quilt Trip (A Southern Quilting Mystery, #3)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • The Alpine Xanadu (Emma Lord, #24)
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • Bearing It (Shifting Crossroads, #6)
  • A Finder's Fee (Missing Pieces Mystery #5)
  • Firecracker (Last Call, #6)
  • Full Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #2)
  • Expedition Indigo

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and publi
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)