Start by marking “Hidden Treasure: Uncovering the Truth in Your Life Story” as Want to Read:
Hidden Treasure: Uncovering the Truth in Your Life Story

Hidden Treasure: Uncovering the Truth in Your Life Story

An inspiring new book from one of our greatest living spiritual teachers.

"All of these stories teach us that we aren't who we think we are. How we have defined ourselves is not the truth of ourselves. What we think we must have is already present, and when we think we have lost the value of our lives, it is still here if we know where to look."
-from "Hidden Treasure"

In thi
Published September 1st 2011 by Tarcher

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Treasure

Tina
Aug 02, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
Many parts of this book reiterate the points often expressed by Gangaji in satsang recordings, radio programs and interviews. Her quick recap of her own story is more meaningful if you have read her biography "Just Like You" by Gangaji and Roslyn Moore. Still, even though many parts of this book were already quite familiar to me, I enjoyed reading it, because every time I read something from Gangaji, I hear her voice, I feel her more than ever. Always grateful for her invitation to Self!
William Arsenis
Aug 13, 2014 William Arsenis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HIDDEN TREASURE is not one of your run-of-the-mill books on spirituality. It’s a major find.

So what makes her book so special? There’s a highly vulnerable, female, and bitingly intelligent quality to her writing that is both deeply personal and quite moving. At the same time, she can be as tough as Krishnamurti or and as uncompromising as Tony Parsons. And yet, she’s naturally humble...ordinary. Just another person. Like you. Like me.

There’s an extremely personal, intimate quality to her accoun
Joni
Mar 22, 2013 Joni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up because I heard fascinating things about it on NPR. I found it really difficult to get into for the first 2/3 of the book. The ending was very informative, but it just took so darn long to get there. Perhaps if I re-read this the beginning will make more sense. The first part of the book describes how our life stories define us and how we can interject ourselves into other people's life stories, as well. The ending discusses how we can actually begin to accept all the pain ...more
Nancy
Sep 29, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved Gangaji's "Diamond in Your Pocket" and loved this book even more. It soothes me when I read that my trials in life DO have purpose and that I can come to the point where I tolerate those trials with confidence and peace. Not only does she tell me that, she seems to be an example of someone who has found that peace. She does not say that life is just a bowl of cherries, she says that we have Something within that can help us deal with lemons and come out on the other side stronger and wis ...more
Janet
I really got a lot out of Gangaji's other book, Diamond in Your Pocket--I'm actually surprised I only gave it 4 stars, as I recall even copying pages for my sister (who really needs to hear about letting your victim story go). This book felt like a dull rehashing and just did not grab me in the same way.
Mindy
Jun 30, 2015 Mindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book in a nutshell (in the author's own words): "I yearned to be free of my persistently recurring self-involvement."
Pauline
Oct 13, 2011 Pauline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysics
Worth reading!
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Barbiegirlnow
Barbiegirlnow rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2011
Min
Jun 11, 2013 Min rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too deep for my shallow mind
Angelika Yelapaangel
Angelika Yelapaangel rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Tim Hylka
Tim Hylka rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Amy Hartman
Amy Hartman rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Frank
Frank rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
goldbrush33
goldbrush33 rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
wildflower
May 16, 2012 wildflower rated it really liked it
I LOVE this book. I keep rereading it.I am always reading it.
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Lucie Voskuil
Lucie Voskuil rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Heather S
Heather S rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Bigwo
Bigwo rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Paul Love
Paul Love rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Selma
Selma rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Ahmed Mohammed
Ahmed Mohammed rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Kevin DeSilva
Kevin DeSilva rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2014
Kym Reinstadler
Kym Reinstadler rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
truth within 1 1 Oct 23, 2012 06:03AM
Gangaji is an American born spiritual teacher and author. She lives in Ashland, Oregon, with her husband, fellow spiritual teacher Eli Jaxon-Bear.
More about Gangaji...

“I failed in some subject but my friend pass in all,today he is an engineer in microsoft and iam is owner of microsoft.
-Bills Gate”