Start by marking “Meet Me Halfway” as Want to Read:
Meet Me Halfway

Meet Me Halfway

For those who are searching, reaching, holding, and especially for those who are remembering, Javan presents not simply poetry, but a journey through the experience of being human in "Meet Me Halfway." 0-935906-01-0$5.00 / Javan Press
Published April 1st 1981 by Javan Press (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me Halfway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me Halfway

Cody Johnson
This book is awe inspiring. I have never felt quite as accepted and full of hope as when i was reading this book. it makes love a simplicity but also a respected and necessary journey. i would reccomend this to all who have ever considered themselves in love. There is no exception to its brilliance.
Eric
Apr 04, 2016 Eric rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, reviewed, 2015
Many people complain life never gave them any chances. We are given life we must take the chances.

It's interesting what we can find when we take the occasional closer look. I found three of the books in this series while glancing through the poetry section at a local Barnes & Noble, tucked next to a Norton Critical edition of Paradise Lost. I glanced through several of the writings in each, bought all three and had B&N order me the fourth.

This is one of a series of four books by the aut
Shani Babe
May 02, 2016 Shani Babe rated it it was amazing
I first discovered this book almost 20 years ago. From that moment, Javan became one of my favorite authors. I still have my very first copy. At one time I had all four of his books but I guess it's time to reorder.
As for my review of this book... It's timeless. Still brings the same tears it brought over 20 years ago. His message is true of so many of us (if not all). If you have ever loved, yearned for love, or lost love, this book is for you. We all have the need to be met half way.
Natalie
Apr 23, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Making relationships work is something that requires effort on behalf of both participants. This book of poetry conveys that very nicely.
" There have been times
When I needed you
But you were not there
And a few times
When you were there
There was no need
But that's all over-shadowed
By the times I needed you

And you were there"
Dianne
Apr 17, 2009 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Great series! These book are just up there as my favorite to have read about love in my early 20's! These books were written my a man and are great for both men and women to read. As a matter of fact everyone must read them. They are simply amazing!
Heather
See review of Something to Someone...
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Efrain
Efrain rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Mariamawit Fantahun
Mariamawit Fantahun marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Simonne
Simonne marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
R.K. Cowles
R.K. Cowles rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Noemy
Noemy rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Zuhoor
Zuhoor marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Carman Santamaria
Carman Santamaria rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
PESG
PESG marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Aadu Vai
Aadu Vai rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Terri Jenison
Terri Jenison marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Cathryn Shaw
Cathryn Shaw rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Angie Young
Angie Young marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Steven
Steven added it
Apr 14, 2016
Lizzy Martin
Lizzy Martin marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
  • Slamming Open the Door
  • These Are My Rivers: New and Selected Poems, 1955-1993
  • Night Magic
  • Better Single Than Sorry: A No-Regrets Guide to Loving Yourself and Never Settling
  • Pretty is What Changes: Tough Choices, the Breast Cancer Gene, and Learning How to Live in the DNA Age
  • Meant To Be (Mark Miller's One, #1)
  • All of the Women of the Bible
  • Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack
  • Centering Prayer: Renewing an Ancient Christian Prayer Form
  • Chocolate for a Teen's Soul: Life-Changing Stories For Young Women About Growing Wise and Growing Strong
  • Welcome to the Episcopal Church: An Introduction to Its History, Faith, and Worship
  • Three Gospels
  • Knit Along with Debbie Macomber: Debbie's Favorites
  • Poems and Sketches of E. B. White
  • Carolina Ghost Woods
  • Tales from the Clerks: The Complete Collection of Comic Stories!
  • Winter Garden
  • The Devil's Diaries
Javan (which is the author's given middle name) was born October 19, 1946 in a small North Carolina town. He lived in N.C. through high school and college, then moved to Atlanta in 1968, where he worked as an agent for Eastern Airlines until the end of 1977. In 1979 Javan self-published his first book and started traveling around the country with his golden retriever puppy, Brandon, introducing th ...more
More about Javan...