Start by marking “From the Ice Incarnate” as Want to Read:
From the Ice Incarnate

From the Ice Incarnate

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Michael Anderson wakes up from cryo at a distant alien star, he has no idea how cold and alone he'd feel. No idea, that is, until his sole mission partner starts to die in the thawing process.

Twenty light-years from the nearest human being, cut off completely from anyone who could help them, Michael must act quickly to save her—but if passing through cryo is like pas
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about From the Ice Incarnate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Ice Incarnate

E.A.
Aug 05, 2011 E.A. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi
I didn't enjoy this one as much as his other short stories. To me it felt a little disjointed and I did want a little more information about the characters. I can't fault the science of the story. I could tell right from the beginning that I would believe anything in the story because of how the information was present. I liked the science aspect and look forward to reading more of his stuff.

Updated: I did learn that this is kind of a prologue to his novel Genesis Earth. Even knowing this I woul
Nathan Major
An interesting perspective on what it would be like to be put into cryostasis. It's basically a chunk cut from Genesis Earth, though I felt the tone of this short story was different than the rest of the novel (GE is a personal story, this is clearly focused on the technology). If you like this, however, you'll like Genesis Earth, so there you go.
rameau
What exactly was the point of this one? Dancing on the edge of death and (view spoiler)?

I got it when it was free on Amazon and I'm not sorry I read it, but the fact that it's no longer available on Amazon makes me think that whatever the point was, I'll have to find it in another, bigger, more expensive book.
Cathy
A short story about two humans who are coming out of cryo-sleep far from home.
Very nicely done.
Dawn Allman
Dawn Allman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Steve Pierce
Steve Pierce marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Lavendersbluegreen
Lavendersbluegreen marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Tom
Tom added it
Dec 22, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Jonathon
Jonathon marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
When Joe Vasicek was seven years old, he saw Star Wars IV: A New Hope and instantly fell in love with Science Fiction & Fantasy. A year later, when he read A Wrinkle in Time and The Neverending Story, he knew he was destined to be a writer.

As a young man, he spent several years as a global nomad, criss-crossing the United States and trekking across the mountains of the Caucasus, the shores of
More about Joe Vasicek...
Star Wanderers: Outworlder (Star Wanderers, #1) Memoirs of a Snowflake Genesis Earth Brothers in Exile: Sons of the Starfarers, Book I Star Wanderers: Fidelity (Part II)