Start by marking “Little Rabbit's New Baby” as Want to Read:
Little Rabbit's New Baby

Little Rabbit's New Baby

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Little Rabbit big brother? The beloved character is back in a delightful story that celebrates the joys and challenges of a new sibling. Mama is expecting a baby and Little Rabbit is going to be a big brother

He's full of plans; he will teach the baby to play all sorts of games and be the best big brother ever. And when Mama has triplets, it looks like there will be three t
Published March 2nd 2006 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Little Rabbit's New Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Rabbit's New Baby

Beverly
Product Description
Mama is expecting a baby and Little Rabbit is going to be a big brother!

He s full of plans; he will teach the baby to play all sorts of games and be the best big brother ever. And when Mama has triplets, it looks like there will be three times the fun.

But having babies around might not be as much fun as Little Rabbit thought. They sleep and cry a lot. They are too young to throw a ball and they get their sticky paws on all his toys. They take up all of Mama s and Papa s time
Libby
I'm not sure what the exact appeal about this story was...it might be all the mishaps with the baby bunnies...but the kids loved this and we reread it several times. It was cute but not one I would have chosen to reread by myself. My own favorite part was when the father bunny is surprised to learn that he has three new babies instead of one.
The Library Lady
Cute enough in that bunny-wunny sort of way so many adults adore. (though I'm not too sure the children do)
I wouldn't use this as a "big brother/sister" story though. While rabbit babies may be ready to sit in high chairs and learn to play with toys within days of birth, it does take a BIT longer for human babies, and you'd be setting up YOUR child for even more disappointment than "Little Rabbit" faces!
Inna Nako
-mama rabbit is going to have a baby, and little rabbit is excited
-but things change when the babies come, and little rabbit doesnt feel loved anymore because all the attention is on the babies.
-at the end, little rabbit helps mama rock the babies to sleep and is excited to be a helper
-real world connections can be made with many of the kids with their younger siblings
Rita
Apr 14, 2008 Rita rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children with siblings on the way
Little Rabbit was so excited to have three new babies at home, but when they started to ruin his toys and take all of moms attention he got upset. One night when the babies would not stop crying for mom, Little Rabbit came to the rescue and ended up being a great helper.
Rachel
A typical "new baby" story from the older sibling point of view. Fairly generic. On the upside, the illustrations were very sweet and very detailed. I especially liked the image of the maternity ward in a rabbit hospital.

Beck
I think I liked this one, but I can't quite remember....I must've forgotten to put it in GoodReads.

EDIT 1/3/10: Aha! Looked through it again: yes, I liked it.
Skylar Burris
As long as you don't mind the kid giving the new baby a balloon to play with, this is a fun little book.
Heather
41 months - covers all kinds of things that might be going through a siblings mind. It's cute.
Tricia
big sibling rabbit struggles with new babies in the house and his feelings of being left out.
A little long for little ones, but a good message.
Rainey
Holy crap! A bunny in a onesie!
Ayashe
Ayashe marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Wu Fuheng
Wu Fuheng marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Audra Wickersham
Audra Wickersham marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Scarlet
Scarlet marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Anna Wallace
Anna Wallace marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Harry Horse wrote and illustrated many books for children, including the popular Little Rabbit picture books and the novels The Last Polar Bears, The Last Castaways, The Last Cowboys, and The Last Gold Diggers. He was also a political cartoonist for several national newspapers in the United Kingdom.
More about Harry Horse...
The Last Polar Bears Little Rabbit Goes to School Little Rabbit Lost Little Rabbit's Christmas Little Rabbit Runaway