Start by marking “Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know” as Want to Read:
Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know

Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Jo Frost, aka "Supernanny," is back to respond to all the new questions from parents who rely on her methods and advice. In ABC's prime time hit series and in her first book, Jo works magic on problem children. The Supernanny method gives parents the tools to tackle any problem, be it mealtime, bathtime, bedtime, bedwetting, homework, sibling rivalry, aggressive behavior, ...more
Published September 19th 2006 by Kingswell (first published July 20th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Supernanny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Supernanny

Elise
This is actually a pretty great book with lots of practical advice. Some of the techniques/methods are probably things you already do; however, she breaks them down step by step which really makes them seem not only manageable, but easy to remember in the "heat of the moment" ;). A lot of it is just plain common sense, but it just helps to reinforce things you already know sometimes!

Advice I want to remember:
-Only give ONE warning to a child misbehaving. More than one warning will teach them tha
Kayla
After I got this book I went onto Hulu and watched a bunch of Supernanny episodes and I have to say: I like Jo. I like her methods, I like her ideas and I like her advice. Watching the episodes made this book easier to read. you can read it on your own, but you understand so much more if you've seen the techniques work.

As much as I love her advice when it comes to children, parents, teenagers and toddlers, it only earned three stars because this book proved that Jo has no idea when it comes to
Shelly
I really liked this book. I pretty much read it cover to cover, which I usually don't do with this type of book. I admit I did skip a couple of small sections that didn't apply to me at all (like the one on nursing). I think she has a lot of great parenting advice. Now if only I could put it into practice, and whip my kids into shape.
وضحى
one of the greatest book i've ever read to help parents raise thier kids :)
Elasha
I read two books by Jo Frost and give them both a 3-3.5 star rating. Easy to read formats with helpful hints. What I take away from the Supernanny is this: discipline your children with firmness and calmness; to solve a discipline problem, make a plan and follow through; give your kids the structure they crave; and if you have more than two or three of them, good luck! :)
It used to be when I found myself losing it in the discipline department I would watch a Supernanny episode and find myself reinvigorated. Often the show would have a sequence where a parent would spend and hour or more constantly putting their child in their "naughty spot". I thought If they could do that without losing it then I can do it for 10 minutes. Anyway I always thought that a Supernanny parenting book would be helpful to read. I did like the book, as she says herself what she teaches ...more
Chris
Did you ever get the chance to watch the TV show Supernanny when Jo Frost, that insightful British nanny was hosting it? There was this certain air about her, when shed walk into a persons house of parents with unruly kids. With just one look, the kids would settle in. If you have unruly kids, and the cast hasn't been called in yet(or ABC hasn't selected your situation at all for airing) give this book a try. Being its written by Jo Frost herself, just goes to prove she has tricks up her sleeve ...more
Deeme
A must have basic book for every new mom & dad.
J.C.
This book had some good suggestions but often left me wanting to ask more specific questions that applied to my son. Sort of like the "What to Expect" books in that it has a parent's question followed by Jo's answer, but it also has some general instructions in her techniques. Maybe my son is just more curious/stubborn/active than other kids but most things don't really work for him & those that do just take forever...
Dana Veron
Mar 20, 2008 Dana Veron rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any parent of kids 1-10
Recommended to Dana by: BJ's
Shelves: non-fiction
We originally read this book to help us with some bedtime issues with our nearly 4 year old. Jo's techniques work well, and are explained in terms all parents can understand. Not only that, she answers many of the "what if" questions that often arise when trying a new technique out. I enjoyed her dialogue in the book so much that I read it cover-to-cover. I'll be keeping this one on my shelf for reference!
Nicole
I borrowed the SuperNanny books from a friend to help with my willful toddler. They were great! I highly recommend them. I have started using the Naughty Spot she talks about and various other parenting strategies to help with troublesome areas. It seems to help, but I have only been using them for a week or so and don't expect immediate results for a while. But my daughter is showing an improvement on some days.
Colette
Aug 30, 2010 Colette rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents who want some good ideas for introducing discipline
Shelves: parenting, 2010
I think this book has some very good ideas. I like Frost's style... no nonsense, but still loving and fun. I think I might buy this one to refer back to as my children get older and go through different stages. She covers all ages, from infancy to teenagers. It's not super in-depth for all ages, but I think it's more of a style guide than a "here's exactly what to do in every situation and stage" book.
Theresa
This was a pretty great book. It deals with ages 1-15, so there's not a lot of emphasis on toddlers, which was sort of what I was looking for. But, it provides information for this stage, as well as others down the road. So, overall it's not bad. A lot of what it says makes sense.
Summer
Overall well written and easy to read with lots of great suggestions. I personally find parenting in the area of preventing bad behavior more beneficial, whereas this book mainly talks about tactics to stop bad behavior. It was still a good read and I love her show.
Mandy
I really enjoyed this book. It gives so many practical, logical ways to deal with a child's behavior. I definitely recommend reading "Scream free Parenting" first. I think it gives you the patience and perspective to use the Supernanny's techniques.
Leigh Shaver
Jan 12, 2008 Leigh Shaver rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: busy parents
Just like the TV show, Jo answers questions, and describes her "techniques" for parents. Helpful ideas for lots of different parenting situations. Easy to read and very positive, hopeful! Also, nice to read about households much more crazy than mine!
Tricia
Most of the information I already do and know....While this might be great advice for parents who have never read any kind of book of this nature, for those of us with "experience" reading parenting help books, this was not much help....
Michelle
really LOVED her frst book 'supernanny'! read it in 2 days!! have just begun this one....am hoping to find specific answers to certain questions i have! sure wish she had a website so that i could email her direct when needed!!
Elsha
Excellent, excellent book that any parent who has or ever will be concerned about providing structure, discipline, encouragement and praise in their child's life should read. I'm sure I will be re-reading in the future.
I love watching her show on tv, and have used a lot of her techniques for time outs and bedtime routines. I really liked this book, because it took questions that parents often ask and explained her technique step by step.
Kari Moore
I love Supernanny, but I just wish I could have her come to my house for a day, instead of having to read her book. A lot of the information she gives we don't need yet, so I am sure I will keep referring to this book over time.
Cori
This book wasn't quite what I had in mind but it has great references for tips and charts online that I found invaluable. Overall I'm glad I read it but it wasn't really anything new or life changing.
Rochelle
Jun 12, 2010 Rochelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents of Spirited Children!
Recommended to Rochelle by: Dr. Hamawi
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. There were a lot of constructive ideas on how to positively discipline your child. Although I don't agree with all of her ideas, I recommend this book.
Chelsea
Nov 13, 2008 Chelsea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mothers
Recommended to Chelsea by: Elsha
Great book with good tips. I was a little disappointed that it was for all ranges of children, I wanted more points specifically for toddlers, but it was still good information.
Lain
I loved the Supernanny show, but I found this book hard to navigate. While it was well-written, it was hard to follow and difficult to find the information I wanted.
nicole
I have to admit that I really loved this book. So practical and straightforward with advice I know I will one day use.
Jacque
Very helpful because of its simple style. Easy to pick up and read a short section and regroup.
Joanna
It's ok, but she tries to cover too much in one book. I've read better parenting books.
Rivka Abramowitz
never watched the show, but this book is full of useful advice!
Kelly
Feb 24, 2007 Kelly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All parents
good practical tips for parents with young children.
  • The Successful Child: What Parents Can Do to Help Kids Turn Out Well
  • 365 Manners Kids Should Know: Games, Activities, and Other Fun Ways to Help Children Learn Etiquette
  • Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities: A Guide to the Medical Literature
  • The Way We Work: Getting to Know the Amazing Human Body
  • Too Much of a Good Thing: Raising Children of Character in an Indulgent Age
  • The Educated Child: A Parents Guide From Preschool Through Eighth Grade
  • Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book
  • The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior Without Whining, Tantrums & Tears
  • Lit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty
  • The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
  • Birth and Breastfeeding: Rediscovering the Needs of Women During Pregnancy and Childbirth
  • Good Nights: The Happy Parents' Guide to the Family Bed (and a Peaceful Night's Sleep!)
  • Baby Sign Language Basics: Early Communication for Hearing Babies and Toddlers
  • The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart
  • Immaculate Deception II: Myth, Magic and Birth
  • Between Parent and Child: The Bestselling Classic That Revolutionized Parent-Child Communication
  • Homeschooling: The Early Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 3- to 8- Year-Old Child
  • The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child
Joanne A. Frost

"Jo Frost was catapulted to international fame when she became the star of a new reality show, “Supernanny.” She won the role over hundreds of other applicants when television producers were struck by her outstanding childcare skills, her sincerity and candid style that now help her to transform families and instill positive, lasting results. She debuted in the UK in the summer of 2
More about Jo Frost...
Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children Jo Frost's Toddler Rules: Your 5-Step Guide to Shaping Proper Behavior Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care: What You Need To Know For The First Year From The Uk's Most Trusted Nanny Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years: Practical Advice on How to Raise a Happy and Contented Toddler Jo Frost’s Toddler SOS