Start by marking “Gray Moon Rising (Seasons of the Moon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Gray Moon Rising (Seasons of the Moon, #4)

Gray Moon Rising (Seasons of the Moon #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,802 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews

Seth is about to graduate
Published June 25th 2012 by Red Iris Books (first published June 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Gray Moon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray Moon Rising

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
190th out of 679 books — 1,074 voters
Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterThe Summoning by Kelley ArmstrongLinger by Maggie StiefvaterLone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Best Teen Werewolf Fiction
48th out of 78 books — 218 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly
I'm not the only person who puts off reading the final book in a series because they don't want the world to end, am I? I've really enjoyed Rylie's journey as she struggles to come to terms with her power as a werewolf and I didn't want to let it go. I mean, Rylie's a mess. After what she did in book 3, she's eaten up by guilt and fear and it's not pretty. The Sanctuary was supposed to be a place for her to find a balance and learn to control her wolf and yet, after several months of being there ...more
Linda
Aug 06, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves, 4-5-stars
The last installment in a series. That should offer some closure, right? This one didn't. Good thing you can jump right on to "the Cain Chronicles" then.

I won't give you the synopsis; that one you can read in a million other places. I will, however, give you a short review of this series as a whole (it's a pretty quick read).

Both the "Seasons of the Moon" and "the Cain Chronicles" 1-4 was devoured in a short period of time (three days to be exact), still I needed a nights sleep to fully digest i
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jul 05, 2015 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it it was ok
Rylie has been a werewolf for a year and is desperately trying to reconcile himself with the people she killed in the last book. It isn’t going well, while Adam and the other werewolves are roaming and learning control, she is desperately trying tom isolate herself… and she has a silver bullet ready.

But the mountain where it all began is calling her – and not just her, but all the werewolves in the world are being drawn back to the source. And were werewolves gather in such numbers, so too do hu
Nereid
Oct 09, 2012 Nereid rated it it was amazing
I tried to not write many spoilers but that was hard to do so I apologise in advance as I just had to get it out. Desperate and scared, Riley agrees to flee with Scott to the werewolf sanctuary for everyone's safety. Now that Abel has transformed also, he decides to accompany her and they leave Seth behind at the ranch. Depressed over her lack of control of her wolf, Riley struggles with the guilt of killing all those people although being poisoned with silver contributed to the situation. Alone ...more
Stephen
As an ending to this series, Gray Moon Rising was excellent. It tied up a lot of plot lines and established more of the framework of the story's world.

There is a ton of action, lots of supernatural bits and pieces, and an awesome group of antagonists, The Union. The story continued to expand on all the world building presented in previous volumes, making this an ultimately satisfying read.

Rylie has become a fascinating and strong character over the course of these 4 books. There is so much more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Sep 12, 2014 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
An amazing series and I'm happy to see that Rylie's story continues on in another series.

This is a great series for teens/tweens and adults who enjoy a good paranormal read.There are great characters,tons of action and a little mystery to you on the edge of your seat.
Rinny Rainwind
Jul 15, 2014 Rinny Rainwind rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in this series. I love how the author tied the story up. I can't wait to start the next series. It has some of the same characters. This book is a must read.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
LOVED THIS SERIES!!!! Yes, they are aimed at Young Adult and No, I'm not. That did not stop my enjoyment of them one iota. This book has everything that you could wish for in the final book in a series and enough left to keep you wanting more. Luckily for me, there is more, which I'm just about to go and get!

SM Reine has kept the quality and entertainment going throughout the four books and the character development has been a wonder to read. The plot is fast-paced and edgy.

Definitely recommende
Shirley
May 18, 2014 Shirley rated it it was amazing
The beginning of this book was tough to read. Rylie is in so much pain… both physical and emotional. She doesn’t want to be the ‘monster’ that she’s become. She’s at the sanctuary to get better and gain control, but she has spent most of the time there hiding and protecting everyone from her wolf. She’s not trying to cope, she’s not even trying to survive.

Seth was doing better than Rylie, but the fact that he hadn’t heard from her or seen her was always weighing heavy on him. He had faith in Ryl
Helena
Jul 31, 2014 Helena rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-wolf
Although this is a great ending to the original series, I'm very glad the author decided to continue on with Rylie and Seth's story with the Cain Chronicles. Normally while I'm reading a series, I always end up rooting for the man that first enters the scene, but I can't help but feel that Seth might not be the best match for Rylie. Abel seems like a pretty good match for Rylie, in my opinion!

Once again, Eleanor proved that she is beyond a doubt the craziest mother in the history of crazy mother
Veronica Vannoy
Aug 06, 2014 Veronica Vannoy rated it it was ok
Thank the freaking lord that I finished this book. It was so repetitive. If I had to read about Rylie changing into a Werewolf one more time I was going to pull my hair out. It was the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over... DO YOU GET IT! I understand, it hurt when she changed, Yes, it has been 4 books of this, over and over again.

I also hated how she stated the obvious all the time. "Normally picking up this chair would be slightly difficult for a normal human, but fo
Abbie
Oct 09, 2013 Abbie rated it it was ok
The conclusion to the "Seasons of the moon" series was an okay read.

In every book of the series, i've said how much Rylie annoyed me.
She still done some pretty stupid things, but i didn't find her as bad in this one.

I thought the bit near the end was crazy. I really thought Gwyn would come, and take her back to the hospital!
Katie
Feb 13, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
This book did I great job of ending the Seasons of the Moon series. We learn what Rylie, Abel, and Seth have been doing since the last book. We discover some of the inside struggles Rylie goes through because of the events of Long Night Moon and how Abel and Seth both help her through them. The story also shows us the bonds of the main characters as the reconnect as a family (pack). And I enjoyed how the series ends where it began, on Gray Mountain. Overall, I really enjoy this book and the seri ...more
Meg
Feb 01, 2014 Meg rated it liked it
Gray Moon Rising
Or
Putting Words In Front of the Word Moon Because Werewolves

This one was mostly fun. It had a great build up, a lot of tension, a lot of action, and a lot character conflict. There was (mostly) too much going on for teenage angst to dominate.

The ending, though... the ending was kind of a let down. Very neat set up, very interesting space, and a very deus-ex machina. The ending fell flat for me, partially because of the unfounded and overly hippie deus-ex. But also due to the fac
Casey
Jul 17, 2012 Casey rated it really liked it
Another good book. I think I liked the others better, but this was a good ending to the series.
Grace Touch
Nioka
Feb 04, 2016 Nioka rated it really liked it
Accepting that she is forever a murderer and will never be a part of society again Rylie starts having a reoccurring nightmare of the summer camp in which she became a wolf. Will this evil never end?
A fast paced, teen drama, involving werewolves, fun.
This is a good start into the paranormal genre for teens. This author has a good version of many of the types of 'other' out there and in this series she shows a great story of trying to find how to live with what you become.
This is a teen drama, s
Auntie K
Jul 11, 2016 Auntie K rated it it was amazing
TITLE: Gray Moon Rising

AUTHOR: SM Reine

PUBLISHER: Red Iris Books

PUB DATE: June 25 2012

PAGES: 209

SUMMARY: It’s been almost a year since Rylie Gresham was bitten by a werewolf on Gray Mountain. Now something is beckoning her back to the place she was attacked, along with every other werewolf in the world. But they aren’t the only ones heeding the call. A group of hunters notices them gathering and sees it as their chance to wipe out the entire species.

Seth is about to graduate high school when he
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Feb 07, 2016 Caro [The Book Rogue] rated it it was amazing
Just like the previous installments, Gray Moon Rising followed along a nice silver lining, and knew how to balance plot, character development, and some romance. After the shock at the end of the last installment, I wasn't sure what to expect of this, but I was glad that Rylie had to fall first before she could rise, especially the way she did. I also felt this had the strongest paranormal elements, probably because it clashed so strongly with all the hunter equiment.

The love triangle didn't hap
Katja
After the happenings in book 3, it isn’t a surprise Rylie has some issues to work out. Even though she’s now living in the werewolf sanctuary, life isn’t exactly good. Rylie and Abel are with other werewolves and witches in California, while Seth is living with Rylie’s aunt Gwyn at the ranch and finishing school in the hopes of becoming a doctor.

Things get shaken up, when the werewolves hear the call of the Gray Mountain — the place where Rylie was cursed. The gathering of the time is happening,
Gerd
Dec 27, 2012 Gerd rated it liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters, ebook
Ah well, I can't say that I'm satisfied with the way Reine concludes the story, too much mystical/religious new-age mumbo-jumbo for my taste. And if that sentence didn't make sense, well, that's about fitting then because the actions of the characters in that story don't do either. Reine is giving us a the big bad has the good guys at gunpoint and then decides for reasons unknown to pull some completely stupid stunt that gets her killed.

Too bad, this could really have been a lot better. I enjoye
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Jul 05, 2012 Sarah Kalaitzidis rated it it was amazing
This final book of the series was fantastic! I couldn’t believe how it ended, and I’m quite happy with the ending that was given. There was a lot of struggles to make it to have a happy ending, but I do wish that the series was a little longer.

Rylie really grows through the series. As the series progressed, Rylie had grown to hate her wolf. In this last book, she has reached a deep depression over what she is. From the moment she first became a werewolf, she has not enjoyed it. However, with th
Erin Zarro
Jun 30, 2012 Erin Zarro rated it it was amazing
Richard Hayes
Jul 14, 2012 Richard Hayes rated it really liked it
In book 4 , and the last book, of the "Seasons Of The Moon" series, Rylie and Abel are at the Ranch that is being used to safely house the werewolfs. Bekah and levi from book 3 are there also along with others. Although now safe Rylie is not happy. She misses her Aunt Gwyn and her ranch and most of all she misses Seth, Abel's brother and her boyfriend who had stayed with Gwyn to help her, finish school and hopefully go to college and become a doctor. Also she is having dreams about Gray Mountain ...more
A Book Vacation
Jul 29, 2012 A Book Vacation rated it really liked it
Reading this novel was bittersweet as it’s the last in the wonderful Season’s of the Moon series. Over the last year, I have really gotten to know and love Rylie, and her story captivated me from the very beginning. I love stories about werewolves, and this in-depth look at the battle between Rylie’s humanity and her new, carnivorous nature, as well as the love story between a werewolf and a hunter, made for an epic series that I really enjoyed. And, this last segment was exceptionally well done ...more
(Source: Downloaded for free from Smashwords for free.)
This is the fourth book in the ‘Seasons of the Moon’ series.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1,2&3.**
Rylie has been in California without Seth, and she’s missed him, but now Rebeka is missing, and they need to find her before the hunters do.
Can they find Rebeka? Can Rylie make up with Seth? And can they avoid the hunters once again?

This was an okay end to the series, but the novelty had worn off a bit by this point.

Rylie w
Pam Green
Oct 11, 2012 Pam Green rated it really liked it
Originally posted on At Home Between the Pages

When I started reading this book, it was kind of bittersweet. This has been a favourite series of mine since Sara first contacted me to review Six Moon Summer. I fell in love with her writing, her werewolves, and her characters from the beginning. Starting this book and knowing that it would be the end of the journey for Rylie made me feel a bit sad, because I didn’t want it to end.

Gray Moon Rising starts four months after the events at the end of Lo
Sam
Nov 24, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
The series is over. The final book in the final series of this year’s book of the month. Wow. It’s been so long. Voting for the favorite will start in December and a page focused on the BoM will be going up soon. Next year I’ll be switching gears, and rather than promoting little-known books the theme will be “Books Gathering Dust On The Shelf”, so basically the books that you’ve had for a while and just haven’t managed to get to yet. They’ll be buzzier books and hopefully we’ll have more to tal ...more
Mousy Brown
Aug 07, 2014 Mousy Brown rated it it was ok
Had definitely reached my limit by the time I got to this book in the series and had to push myself to bother to finish it at all...not sure it was actually any better or any worse than the others but I had just had enough of Riley's sulking, reading about her changing into a wolf (popping joints and tails growing) and Seth's mum should have been finished off long ago! Going to go read something with a bit more intellectual meat and avoid the literal hunks of meat for a while...
B. McMichael
Apr 01, 2013 B. McMichael rated it it was amazing
If you liked any of the first three, then you will enjoy this one too. Overall the series is good for those that like the werewolf genre.

Something is pulling all the werewolves together at Gray Mountain. Rylie has fears about going back but once her friend and fellow wolf leave for the mountain, Rylie, along with Abel and Seth travel back to where it all began to either finish or start anew.

This book completes the story of Rylie and Seth. While the last one ended with a complete story, the story
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar, #1)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • At First Sight  (Timber Wolves, #3.5)
  • Turning Tides (Elements, #3)
  • Wolfsbane (Howl #3)
  • Dead Spell
  • Chameleon (Ripple, #2)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Mythology: The Wicked (Mythology #2)
  • Sentinel (Dark Season #2)
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have
More about S.M. Reine...

Seasons of the Moon (4 books)
  • Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)
  • All Hallows Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #2)
  • Long Night Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #3)