Start by marking “The Perfect Shot (A Hollywood Headlines Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Shot (A Hollywood Headlines Mystery #2)

The Perfect Shot (Hollywood Headlines #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  934 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Cameron Dakota is the L.A. Informer's staff photographer and paparazzi extraordinaire. Her latest subject is Trace Brody, top-shelf actor and half of America's favorite Hollywood couple. Trace is about to get married in a blow-out wedding, and Cams editor, Felix Dunn (from the High Heels Mysteries), has assigned her to get the first shots of the bride and groom. But when C ...more
Published October 2010 by Making-It (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Shot

Kerry
3.5 if I could. Can't quite give it a 4. Totally unrealistic, but funny and entertaining none the less. Good for an entertaining easy read.
Leslie
A little mystery, romance, and comedy. What more can a girl ask for??
Jenn
I got this book a LOOONG time ago when I first got my Kindle. It's a good thing I did. I'd previously read this author's High Heels series. I got that as a big bundle. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have continued after book one. I hated them. If I didn't already own this one, I never would have gotten it after reading that other series. So, I'm glad I did.

This was MUCH better. The main characters weren't complete idiots. Other than Trace not calling the police in the beginning, they weren't complete m
Melissa
I love Gemma Halliday's books. Seriously. I'm never disappointed whenever I read one!

Hollywood Secrets stars reporter Cameron Dakota, who is one of the paparazzi, set on discovering the dirt on Hollywood's stars. Her focus right now is Trace Brody, who is a hugely famous A-list actor, and is also engaged to marry Jamie Lee, America's sweetheart actress. But one night, while following Trace in hopes of getting some good shots, she stumbles upon a threatening scene, which leads her into a sinister
Joyce
Paparazzi is following Hollywood's 'hot couple' prior to their wedding. She sees the man, a major movie star, kidnapped by a couple of hoodlums and follows. This cat and mouse extends until the next day when she discovers him at his home. They join efforts to catch the hoods and get themselves extricated from the situation. A funny, quick read that is predictable but silly enough to make up for it.
Rachel
I had such mixed feelings about this book. I really liked our leading male, Trace. He was grounded and rugged and sexy and all that a leading man should be. As for Cam, our leading lady, she kind of grew on me as the story went on. And Allie, I really just found her character annoying and useless and would have rather had Tina, from the first book, be the supporting character. I think I felt the same way about Halliday's other series. I got sucked in by absolutely loving the first book, then did ...more
Rachel
A fast paced, laugh out loud story that I didnt want to put down. I am quickly becoming a big fan of Gemma Holliday.
Jeanette montgomery
I really enjoyed this book, not as much as the first one.

I loved cam and trace story.

Robyn Mantas
Loving this series! I laughed out loud several times; just enjoyed this book a lot! On to #3!!!
Dani
I've really enjoyed this series, but I apparently read them out of order. It did not affect my appreciation of them one bit. Cameron is sassy and smart like all of Halliday's heroines. Trace barely resembles what you would believe a movie star to behave like. All in all they are a good team, except for that pesky detail of Trace's fiance. Any way the accompanying cast of supporting characters is funny, as always, and overlaps a bit with the rest of this series and the high heels mystery series. ...more
Jill
I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Jen
I got this as a free Kindle download. This book has it all- mystery, humor, romance.
What happens when a member of the paparazzi gets too close to a big star's personal life? A chain of events that keeps you reading! The twists and turns of the story are great.
I think I fell a little in love with Trace while reading this book.Cameron is one awesome chic - funny and very human.
The writing style is great and quick to read.
If yoy like a funny, mystery-romance, pick this one up!
Jealisa
Halliday has done it again bring back a worlld of mystery and letting us experience hollywood from both paparizi and celberity point of view while being kidnapped and accidently framing yourself for murder.
A hilarious story which is hard to put down with so much laughter it worth not getting any work done. time well spent. :-)
Gizzard
This was a mediocre mystery that will probably appeal to people who enjoy following celebrities. I thought the high heeled mysteries were better, but both are very far fetched. Good for free, but definitely not worth 5 or 6 dollars.

The mystery itself was silly.
Candice Gilmer
Absolutely adored it. Read the entire book in an evening. Could not put it down--tons of fun. My hubby had to tell me to go to bed.

And who wouldn't want to get lost in a book about wooing a Hollywood hottie? I know I loved it.
Dee
Original title: The Perfect Shot

Two-haiku review:

She's paparazzi
Photographing hot actor
Sees him get kidnapped

Rollicking action
Water drops on his hot bod
Quite a few errors
Stacy
I like the story and the characters, and that it follows up on the couple from the last book. I like that there is no sex, but it still manages to have some crude language and descriptions.
Nicole
I like Cam's character a lot because she is relatable. The story had an intriguing start, however the ending felt VERY forced to me. Do people really fall in love after that short of a time span?
Check my review of Hollywood Secrets #1 by the same author. Copy and paste it here.
Honestly, the writing style annoys me sometimes, but the characters keep me interested enough to finish the book.
Jennifer Kane
good story line the second book in a series about a tabloid, instead of centering around a main character, each employee has a story. I liked it. Ready for #3 to come out.
Kristin
Cute series, I liked this one as much as the 1st in the series. I miss Felix though. In the High Heels series he was great, here he's been relegated to the background.
Lizz
Here is Cam's book, which I actually would have given a 3.5 were that an option. I love Cam, but somehow this story didn't work as well for me. Still, a fun read!
Tanya
The first book was much better, but this was still a good read. I cant wait to read the third and see the world through Ali's eyes
Wendy Soliman
A fun read. I like this lady's take on the absurdities of life in Hollywood. No idea if that's the way it is, but it sounds genuine!
Elaine
I love these books and Gemma, I am sorry, but I would like more from Cam and Trace, Allie and Felix, Tina and Cal. Sorry but I love them.
Cassie
Good, fun story but I couldn't get past the typos. And "Walk Like an Egyptian" is a Bangles song, not a Go-Go's song...
Missy

Wow!! Another great book by Gemma!! Not sure which of her series I like the best!!
Beth Yarnall
Loved it! All the humor & mystery I've come to expect from Gemma Halliday! Great, fun read.
Erica
This book was fun! Can't remember the last time i laughed so much while I was reading!
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Paper Hearts
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • It’s a Dog’s Life
  • Last Summer
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Mai Tai One On (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #1)
  • For Love of Livvy
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #3)
  • I Shall Not Want (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #2)
  • Project Produce
  • The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1)
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Maddy's Oasis
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
119376
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels
More about Gemma Halliday...
Spying in High Heels (High Heels, #1) Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2) Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3) Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1) Alibi in High Heels (High Heels, #4)