Start by marking “VN2” as Want to Read:
VN2

VN2

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Ian Davidson is a Truebred, son of a general, and a soldier uncomfortably destined for an officer’s role in the military. Worse, he’s got a gift; he can read other’s thoughts and feel their emotions. His father has used him to get ahead in his own career despite the fact that Ian can’t quiet the voices in his own head. But when the Bond chooses Nathan as his mate, the pain ...more
Published July 29th 2011 by Breathless Press (first published July 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about VN2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about VN2

Lexi Ander
Ian Davidson is a Truebred, son of a general, destined for an officer's role in the military. He has a gift; he can read other's thoughts and feel their emotions. Used and lied to all his life by his father, Ian voluntarily signs up for four years on an out of the way outpost. Missing his transport and on lay over when the Bond chooses Nathan as his mate, but Ian has no trust left and denies the bond, pushing Nathan away.

Sergeant Nathan Williams lost his Bond partner in battle six months ago. A
Diane
I had trouble putting this book down. The whole world of VN2 with the military culture and the Bonded pairs is fascinating. The five couples illustrate the various types of Bonds, but the men also have distinct personalities. Their interactions are what drive the story, especially in the ways the rest of the unit reacts to the Bond forming between Nate and Ian. Some are helpful and supportive; others, not so much. I suffered right along with Nate and Ian as they dealt with their inner demons as ...more
Danielle
I'm kinda at a loss as to what I would rate this book. On the one hand I actually really enjoyed the premise and Doc was a fantastic character (though not the MC). On the other hand the author failed to actually explain anything about the world she created. I had no idea what a regular or truebred was or what was the significance between them.

Then I come back to goodreads only to notice that this book isn't part of a series. So the hundreds of loose ends floating around at the end aren't exactly
Ayune01
i'm not into war theme but this book is an exception.
i want to give 5 star but i have a small issue of having difficulty to understand why 90% of book was on disagreement and only 10% was only good ending.
then, there is an issue of few sentences stucked together for example: likethis where it should be like this. no space bar.
Danielle

Simsala
4,5 stars

The Bond between destined mates as a "thing" that has a mind of its own? Nice idea.
Good worldbuilding but the "Bond" between these soldiers - where did it come from and why it made them outsiders - was never truly explained...
Some very well written action sequences in this book but the focus was on emotional turmoil and coming to terms with being Bonded - infuriatingly repetitive with a lot of mind reading going on and MC`s I wanted to kick to the moon one way ticket...
But what really b
Omega696
Ian was a son of a general, expected to do great things and go far in the army. At least that's his father's ambition. Ian wants only one thing - silence. He wants to escape a constant chatter of other people's thoughts in his mind. That's why he decided to relocate to a rather remote post.
Little does he know, he's going to travel much farther than that.

Nathan lost his bonded partner and is in a fragile state of mind. He never expected to find another person to bond so meeting Ian is a shock. To
George

Just reread this one hit wonder! This was a find year ago when looseId was on its mark. Yeah there were a few problems but a great Scify gay romance.

Great book but it did need a little more editing, hopefully a sequel to fill in some of my questions?
Tsumetai
And here goes nothing. First of all, the idea of the story: not bad. But when I finished about 10 pages of this (or even less) I got the nagging feeling theres gonna be a Mary Sue situation. And guess what? Oh yeah...
So yeah, I get that all Ian had to get through is some really tough shit but when all the guys are in awe because of how awesome and strong Ian is (or beautiful or powerful or poor) I was just ready to hit my head on the wall. Repeatedly. Also, I was kinda pissed off that after all
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
These are just my own notes. Maybe someday I'll get to a review but right now I have to get my notes off my dying ereader.

There are only male soldiers and this is supposed to be the future?
It's cool that the Bond is like an entity itself, that it controls all bonds.
Really well done description of headaches. Was so good it gave me a headache throughout the whole book witht he constant reminder and reinforcement. I still couldn't put it down.
Nate was right to be worried about only his mate at the
kasjo_peja
Sorry, but I found it weakly plotted and repetitive.
Everything happens in some futuristic world that is only sketched (it wasn't explained who exactly were Regulars or Truebread, or Raiders; there is hardly any description of a technology, nature, social structure). Ian, a gifted son of a powerful general gets bounded to Nathan, a regular sergeant. The bounding is a problem, because a) all Bounded are some kind of outcasts (why? - it's not explained), b) full bounding involves sex and Ian lead
Lily Lamb
...*sigh* another good story that kept me away from my night sleep but it was worth looking a like a tree frog the next morning (big red eyes, slightly looking green because of lack of sleep).
I really liked the concept of this different military culture and the psychic bonding pairs that were unique among the crowd. In this book, there were five couples with various types of Bonds and personality traits along with their different interactions/communication skills which were very interesting for
ARe Cafe
I had two thoughts on this book. The first was that it was a good solid military/sci-fi book that had many different characters and just a touch of romance in it. The second was that it was a bit cookie cutter, and not just for m/m romance, but for all psychic bonding romance.

I liked the book because I thought the author had an excellent grasp of her own world. I really wish we would have seen more of their universe. Is it military ruled or not? What exactly differentiates a Truebred from a regu
Jessie Potts
This was not an erotica. I loved it for it's violence, blood, explosions and characters, but the only 'graphic' scene is near the end. (which I was totally ok with, just warning those who want to read this solely for it's romance element)

This was a different sic-fi book that dealt with Bonded and a type of military society (at least from what we saw) the author could easily write a few more stories in this world and I hope she does. We don't get enough of the raider's ultimate plan or deeper int
Megan
Now this I liked.. a lot.

The concept of a Bonded relationship has kinda been done before but the new spin was actually well done. I liked that there were more then just the sibling bond and the lover bond. The characters were great, even if I spent most of the book wanting to shoot Rory and Scott in the foot. They drove me crazy! Which I guess was the point for which I say brava!

I loved Ian and Nate, not to mention Sean and Doc.. and poor Daniels! Please, please be a book for Daniels? I haven't
Britney
I thought as a scifi book it was great. Most scifi books are a little too techy for me (I think that it the word). Most scifi's are really fun to watch but not really fun to read. However this story was a wonderful scifi, the best that I have ever read. As a love story it was only mediocre. The worlds that were spoken of were portrayed extremely well, I felt as if I were actually there. However the chemistry between Ian and Nathan I thought left much to be desired. I found myself wanting to know ...more
Richele ♥'s Hudson & Seb
I can’t explain why I re-read this story every once in a while. I guess because it has a good base. However, every time I reach the end I’m left feeling unsatisfied. To me the story comes across more as a good rough draft for a story (or series) as opposed to a final draft. Way too much information is shoved into this story and never gets flushed out properly. In addition there is a lot of inconsistency among various grammatical elements that tend to take away from the overall story. This versio ...more
Nikki McCoy
I thought this was a wonderfully written story that I thoroughly enjoyed! I was a little skeptical at first because this isn't usually the type of genre I get into but it snatched up my attention from the very beginning and held it throughout the book.

I especially loved the depth in which the author went to describe the emotional turmoil of the characters involved. It was interesting to see the story unfold from the POV of the sub-characters as well as the main two.

Cheers to the woman who gave
Shay
It could have been better. All that going back and forth between Ian and Nathan was giving me a freaking headache, I'm like get to it already. I prefer my romances with a lot more sex and actually chemistry between the characters. These two didn't hook up til like the end of the story which was kind of disappointing because I would have love to seen their interaction after the bonding.
Erin
Aug 26, 2011 Erin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book considering we get no sex until the last 20 pages. There was just so much tension sexual and otherwise that it didn't bother me like it normally does. Plus it is always nice to read about a group of hot military men. Would love to read more about this group of bondeds. Maybe see Morgan find his bonded.
Meggie
This story was pretty good written, I was glued to it from the start till the end. The plot was excellent drawn with well described emotions, interesting characters and a lot of confused problems. All main character were real and interesting, I liked them. I definitely wouldn't mind read more about this camp, definitely not...
Highly recommended story!!
Xan
I actually really liked this. It had surprisingly more plot and less sex than I was expecting. It could have benefited from another run through by a friendly editor, but overall it was a fun read, and I was very intrigued by the idea of the Bonded and would definitely try stories about other pairs in the group.
Tara
It was a great book, interesting characters and great world building. It is such an interesting world I wish the author would write more on "Bond partners". I would love to hear more from the main characters but would happily settle for anyone "bonded". great imagination.
Ravon Silvius
The bond element was quite good, and I really enjoyed the sexual tension. It lost a star for me due to the weakly written action scenes, but the world the author sets up is intriguing on its own.
Teetee
Not good, the whole book was angst, but not the good kind. Just the MC dithering about giving in to the other MC. He hardly leaves the cabin for 2/3rds of the book, just brooding!
Marsha Spence
I loved this! I'm on a bit of a sci-fi kick right now and this fed my addiction very well. Looking forward to more...
Tamarrion Lash
Сократить вполовину сопли и добавить экшена - и была бы конфетка. Но и так очень даже ничего.
Grandmat
Great world building. I will read this again.
Tracy
Really enjoyed!
-RMG
  • Storms and Stars
  • Outcast Mine
  • Turbulence (Turbulence #1)
  • Pathfinder
  • Gravitational Attraction
  • Lover & Commander
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Creation's Control (Creations, #2)
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia, #1)
  • Dark Edge of Honor
  • Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)
  • Blind Space
  • The Bacchi
  • Aklesh
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • In Darkness Bound (The Society #1)
  • Off World (Off World, #1)
Gwenna Sebastian lives in Upstate New York with her husband and three cats. She has been writing since she was a teenager and over the last ten years has developed a keen interest in all things related to the Vietnam War.

Gwenna's true love is creating complicated characters who are active or former military and writing about the relationships they form under the duress of war. More specifically, a
More about Gwenna Sebastian...
Lost and Found