Start by marking “Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)

Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,028 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Captured and en route to a medical facility for dissection and study, cyborg Lyon expects nothing but pain and degradation from his captors. But Samara isn't like the others, treating his wounds with care and igniting a fire deep within. When she neglects to ensure his cuffs are locked tight, all hell breaks loose. A hot, sensual hell against the cell wall. When his team a ...more
Published July 27th 2011 by Ellora's Cave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lyon's Price, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lyon's Price

Redeeming Zorus by Laurann DohnerTouching Ice by Laurann DohnerTaunting Krell by Laurann DohnerStealing Coal by Laurann DohnerBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Robots, Androids, Gynoids, Cyborgs, My Loves
20th out of 153 books — 242 voters
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonDemon Possession by Kiersten FayHunted by Evangeline AndersonBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Best Erotic Scifi Romance
115th out of 721 books — 1,047 voters

More lists with this book...

B.E.Love
May 07, 2016 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this book. In fact this is just what I was hoping it would be, though I do wish it had been longer so it wouldn't have ended so soon. This book does have instal-love but it didn't bother me. My only other thought is that I wished we had scene them talk more to each other in this book so we could have scene their love grow more. But this is a fun, fast book that I am so glad I found.
Sammy Loves Books
Warning: Sexy Cyborg Hotness!!!

makeout

Full Review to Come
Chappy
Mar 07, 2015 Chappy rated it really liked it
What a hot start to what I hope will be a great cyborg series. Super fast paced and quite steamy.

Can't wait for more.
Romancing the Book
Jul 27, 2012 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Crystal
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Lyon’s Price is a really great book. Yes it’s short but, it’s worth it. When I started reading it I got so into it that I hated when I got to the end. I hope she decides to write another story to this book so we can see what happens with the other characters.

I’ve read many books by Mina Carter and they just keep getting better and better. I love how she comes up with her characters and the story line that
Paula
Sep 21, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing
So $5.00 is a bit high for a short (95 page) book, but some books are worth it to me. This has some really hot scenes and when Lyon and Samara start to understand each other things work out. I really would love a continuation of this story though because there is so much potential for a sequel. I just love the Cyborg/Human combination and the fact that now the colony will have a medical person available. Anyway I recommend this sci/fi erotic romance to anyone who likes this genre. To some who ar ...more
MelissaB
I enjoyed this sci fi romance. The hero was a cyborg and was nicer than the cyborgs in Laurann Dohner's Cyborg series (which I also like).
Coyora Dokusho
I liked this one! It had some development and attachment-formation to the characters. There were funny moments as well.
Jaden
Feb 04, 2013 Jaden rated it it was ok
There were so many things I didn't like while reading this book, that I don't even know where to start.

Cold, bossy male lead and a hopeless pushover of a heroine just didn't bode well for me, even more so in their non-electrifying sex scenes. Their interraction was insufficient to say the least, the plot was lacking in many ways, and the story wasn't even a good erotica one to afford such drawbacks.

The author's writing was a shallow repetition of the same lines over and over again, which had bee
Brendy
Jun 16, 2015 Brendy rated it liked it
Shelves: rough-red, out-space
okay maybe its because I've been reading way too many short stories from Miss Carter, but being this one the second book - and as a more than 100 pages book- I've read, I was quite expecting so much more hot and strong scenes.
There a so freaking great hot scenes, that's undeniably!!, but hey ! like I have to expect a considered amount of pages in order to get to it.
Anyway I guess it's because I've read too much smut stories, but at the same tine, this reminds me a lot to Lauran Dohner's Cybor
Cogito_ergo_sum
Mar 26, 2015 Cogito_ergo_sum rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
Based on the length of the book, I thought it was okay. The characters, while passable, didn't seem that well developed. Maybe this was due to there not being enough pages to fully develop the characters?

What irked me was that, at the climax of the book, the main female character suddenly displayed skill sets that weren't in any way mentioned leading up to that point. So, instead of being surprised, I was annoyed with the author. What I am talking about is her very basic knowledge of how to (vie
Hollie
One of the worst cases of insta-love I've ever read - The relationship never had a chance to develop

This book starts out fast paced. Constant action etc. My biggest complaint is that the characters and plot left much to be desired. I never once felt any sort of emotional pull in this read. I hated how the hero was able to be a dick and the heroine was just so easily accepting of anything and everything. I wanted her to grow some backbone. Have some opinions. I don’t know, I just like strong hero
Kirsten
Jan 09, 2015 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Cyborg Lyon is kidnapped by humans to be studied and dissected. En route, he meets Samara, who treats him after he's been given 'hospitality' from his captors. After treating him for his injuries, he manages to slip out if the restraints and escape to his own ship taking her with him... after a bout of really hot sex... whilst the alarms are still going off. Those that stole him are still after him, and so pursue him through the galaxy.

This is the first book by Mina Carter that I have read, and
Jenny
Feb 20, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I rounded up to 5 stars.

This book is short, sweet and to the point. Everything moved pretty fast but I think that's ok for the length. When I read books less than a 100 pages long I tend to be lax in my rating.

I enjoyed the read. The story pulled me in from the beginning and kept my interest. I overlooked the fact that the whole story took place in what, a week at most? Maybe only three full days of interaction between the main characters? :)

Like I said, lax in my rating. It's hard to write a sh
Aghogho
Feb 19, 2015 Aghogho rated it really liked it
Shelves: nice-surprise
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. When I first got this book, I didn't have high hopes.i expected it to be just another erotica with nothing but sex ( not that I don't like hot sex in my books)but I was discovered was a little treasure. This book is just like a woman's skirt. " long enough to cover the subject, and short enough to create interest" Churchill. I often get bored when reading Sci Fi romance because the terminologies can be too complicated, or the author focus more on the romance and ...more
Diana Rising
Sep 05, 2015 Diana Rising rated it it was amazing
This was a great romance and a great science fiction story. There were a lot of elements to put together a really complete idea of the future they are in. The cyborgs are in revolt against the humans and the humans managed to catch a high-ranking cyborg. If you want to know that story, read Her Empath, also a great book, but about completely different types of characters.
The hero is super strong and smart and has access to all sorts of data. He is a crew of 3 cyborgs who he knows will try to res
Farah
Jun 09, 2015 Farah rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
I am not into cyborgs/machines/mecha .. anything like that but honestly I effin loved this The plot and characters aren't fully developed but that really doesn't matter because I seriously enjoyed reading this. Samara was one heck of an entertaining heroine and Lyon was the cake and the icing and that nutella jar next to it *giggle* the supporting characters are a lot of fun and I cracked a few giggles here and there. Very entertaining.
Charlene
Nov 02, 2013 Charlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, romance-cyborg
"Lyon's Price" is the first of a series by prolific author Mina Carter. Mina manages to introduce secondary characters (fellow cyborg crew members) into a really short novel that still delivers a great mix of erotic romance and sci-fi. I'll definitely read the next book in the series, but I hope it's longer in length.
Ashley
Aug 08, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I ended up reading this one after the second one although it didnt matter in the end . I liked this one more than the aries revealed. I thought lyon was a awesome hero and samara was a kick ass heroine. Thats right lyon saved you big cyborgs asses !!! Kind of short but still had a good plot and got down to the point. 5 stars ;)
Mara
Oct 09, 2011 Mara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, romance
The plot is interesting, even if the setting is overused. It might have improved if it had been novel length, so that characters and plot had time to develop properly.

The real minus is the price: it is too expensive for such a short novella (at +/- 6$ it's priced as a regular book).
Carolyn F.
3-1/2 stars. Good book for the length. Of course there was the conflict but it seemed so formulaic that it wasn't much of a surprise. The romance/sexual attraction was okay. I would have liked there to have been a much bigger build-up for that. But overall a good book.
Rochelle
Oct 20, 2013 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Loved it! Loved the characters (main & secondary) especially alpha males mmmm!!! I laughed and had a few tears, and I really loved the storyline, it was different! So a great book 1 to a new series, I look forward to reading book 2!!!
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Good storyline. Love he instantly feel for her and they let her be taken, he regrets that he think she betrayed them when she saves them but it all end good for him luckily. And mina writes a good story.
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

Though there are parts that a bit confusing to me, plus I wish Samara would act a bit.. I don't know, conscious about her being a human, overall this book reminds me a lot of Laurann Dohner's Cyborg series which I like a lot. This book's plot is predictable but I like it anyway. But the thing that threw me a bit off guard is how straightforward Lyon's feeling toward Samara. I mean, I'm so use to read arrogant alpha male who won't admit his feeling, but Lyon.. Hubba-hubba. Me likey.

C
Becky
May 19, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cyborg
Loved it!!!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Could've been a really good story if it wasn't developed better. I liked it, but I felt like a lot of the story was underdeveloped. Good start to a series, interesting plot & the whole story of the cyborgs. I'm giving it 2.5 - 3 stars for creativity.
Ana
Jul 21, 2015 Ana rated it it was ok
Nicole
Nov 26, 2015 Nicole added it
Every time I look at this cover, I think the dude has bunny ears.
Jennifer Erwin
I like Mina Carter's work and this was a nice short story. I wish it was longer as I really liked the characters and wanted to know more. Need the next one now.
Rachel
May 19, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I loved this one! I was so funny! I was hoping for a little more character and possible story development considering all of this took over after a few days. I wanted a little more of Eoin. He was just sort of...there, I was hoping to get a glimpse into his past or even have him talk a little more. I loved the banter between Cael and Archon. I was hoping they would have a little more development as well. Like I said. Loved this, loved the characters, loved the writing, there just wasn't a lot of ...more
Myranda
May 15, 2014 Myranda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Very greatttt book! It's kinda short though...thankfully the second book is longer <3
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • Aramus (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #4)
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • Starkissed
  • Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle #1)
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • Planet X
  • Captured
2920063
Want 3 FREE ebooks? Sign up to my newsletter - http://mina-carter.com/newsletter/

Back to your regularly scheduled bio ;)

Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use
More about Mina Carter...

Zodiac Cyborgs (3 books)
  • Her Empath (Zodiac Cyborgs #0.5)
  • Aries Revealed (Zodiac Cyborgs, #2)