Start by marking “Eena, The Dawn and Rescue (The Harrowbethian Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Eena, The Dawn and Rescue (The Harrowbethian Saga #1)

Eena, The Dawn and Rescue (The Harrowbethian Saga #1)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  13 reviews
"She was young and beautiful and the last living heir to the throne. Why wouldn't two brothers fight to influence her?"

Sevenah Williams is content as an only child, living a quiet farm life with her parents and best friend, Ian. Life is good, predictable, until an unexpected misfortune yanks her from the reality she knows. Fate drops her into a world long forgotten - a lif
Published April 30th 2012 by RoseDog Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eena, The Dawn and Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eena, The Dawn and Rescue

Jackie
When I first asked my friend what her book was about, she told me it was a little like Twilight, Harry Potter, and Star Trek combined. A fairly different combination, in my mind, which sounded intriguing. After reading this book, I would say it has definitely been influenced by those books/movies, but it has it's own uniqueness; and would not be mistaken for those books described. The writing is very detailed, and I say has more words in it than the average 382 page book, due to its format. The ...more
Auryana
This book was amazing. Surprises at every turn. There was romance, humor, adventure, a forbidden love, and lots more! This book is worth reading nine or ten times! I cant wait to read the next book!
Dave
Eena, the Dawn and Rescue is the inagural title in what I believe is expected to be a trilogy. In the book we are introduced to Sevenah Williams, a normal 17 year old living a ordinary life in a rural American town. After an unexpected trip to the doctor derails her weekend plans, Sevenah comes to the realization that she is not a normal 17 year old, and her life -- past and future -- is quite extraordinary indeed.

The reader journeys with Sevenah as she slowly discovers the truth about her ident
Richelle Goodrich
Jul 22, 2014 Richelle Goodrich rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book was written for me, so of course I love it. The entire Harrowbethian Saga encompasses relationships and fantasy and exploits I often daydreamed about as a young woman. What else was there to do with all that free time in school?

It was delightful fun inventing new cultures and intertwining them in a way that forced a cast of dynamic personalities to interrelate. Meet the strong and sexy Mishmorats and the fearless warrior Viiduns and the repulsive Ghengats and Eena's race―cemented in t
Mariana Farcas
Big books ARE better! It took me a while but I finally read this entire whole 700 pages book. This story is about Sevenah Williams, a 17 year old with a boring life until she discovers she is an alien and also her name is Eena. She gets kidnaped by Gemdorin although she is protected by Ian and Derian. The author really pull me in the space-fantasy world and correlates myths and traditions. The end of the book makes you wonder if Gemdorin is really the bad guy or the liberator.
I think this book
Natalie
Aug 12, 2014 Natalie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA, females
Recommended to Natalie by: Kathy Miner
Shelves: yal
Sevenah Williams is a seventeen year old, free spirited girl that lives a relatively quiet and predictable life on a farm with her parents and best friend, Ian. She thinks her life is great, she has a great friend who she sees every day and every evening they watch the sunset from her favorite willow tree. An unexpected test result from the doctors throws her into a world she's never imagined, with doctors poking and probing her, declaring she's not human and demanding to know where she's from, ...more
LeiAnn
Sep 02, 2012 LeiAnn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Sevenah/Eena finds out she is not the average teenage girl she thought she was, but an alien queen of a faraway planet. No sooner has she learned this than she's kidnapped by the evil leader of a rebellion bent on destroying her planet and all its inhabitants, and if possible, would like to rule the galaxy too. Her life is dependent on learning to use the mysterious and powerful necklace passed down to her from her maternal line.

It's really hard to critique a book by someone you know. I really w
Arlene Starr
The action and suspense in this book is good. You get swallowed up in the struggles and developing comradery between the characters. You feel compassion for all Eena has to endure. The author has the ability of tugging on your emotions and you need a box of tissues to get through the book; there are tears of compassion, of sadness, of joy, exasperation, and surprise.
Sometimes the battles are fierce, the relationships strained. There is a continual new twist that you don't see coming. If you hav
Brandywine
Slow start, but packs a good punch by the end. It took me a while to get involved with the characters, but by about halfway through I found it difficult to put down and didn't want it to end. Word of warning: it has a good although cliff-hanger ending. This was a First Reads book, and I am very glad that I received a copy of it.
Cassie
This was such a wonderful book. I liked it more then Twilight. So excited its going to be published in April!!!! LOVED IT.. IT'S A MUST READ>
Eliza
Absolutely loved it and I honestly think this could be the next big hit!!! I can't wait for the next book in the saga.
Kendra
Great book! I couldn't put it down and can't wait for the 2nd book to come out!
Rachel Gabert
most amazing, you won't be able to put it down!
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
ALEX
ALEX marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Shellock Holmes
Shellock Holmes marked it as to-read
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Rossa Sung
Rossa Sung marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Meka
Meka marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ashley Nichols
Ashley Nichols marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Millicentkargbo
Millicentkargbo marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
Jae Park
Jae Park marked it as to-read
Annarose Mitchell
Annarose Mitchell marked it as to-read
Unquenchable Reads: Free Today! 3 10 Nov 30, 2014 06:43AM
Kindle Deals: Free today! 1 7 Nov 29, 2014 12:35PM
Bargain Basement: Start the Harrowbethian Saga for FREE! 3 8 Nov 29, 2014 12:24PM
Kindle Deals: Start the Harrowbethian Saga for FREE! 3 6 Nov 26, 2014 01:52PM
  • Reign of the Night Creatures (The Everafter Chronicles, #1)
  • Smoke, Wings and Stone
  • True Form (True Form, #1)
  • Antares and the Zodiac
  • Destiny Never Sleeps: Quest of the Two Queens (Destiny Never Sleeps #1)
  • Caly's Piece
  • The Snickitysnatcher
  • Simmer: Recipes for the Teen Palate
  • Savant: Book 1 of Luminether
  • Twilight of the True Blood Vampire Diaries
  • Rory: King of Petla
  • Charlie the Flatulent Christmas Angel and Other Poetic Stories of Joy
  • The Isis Stone (The Lost Goddess, #1)
  • The Place of Voices (TimeDrifter Series, #1)
  • Finding My Place
  • Ardent Ascension (Rise Of The Ardent, #2)
  • The Legend of Dragon Hollow (Dragon Hollow, #1)
  • The Future Queen
Richelle is native to the Pacific Northwest, born in Utah but raised and residing in Washington State. She currently lives with her husband and three sons somewhere in a compromise between country and city living.

She completed two bachelors degrees through Eastern Washington University: Liberal Studies and Natural Science / Mathematics Education.

Accompanying her love of science is true talent in
More about Richelle E. Goodrich...

The Harrowbethian Saga (6 books)
  • Eena, The Return of a Queen (The Harrowbethian Saga #2)
  • Eena, The Curse of Wanyaka Cave (The Harrowbethian Saga #3)
  • Eena, The Two Sisters (The Harrowbethian Saga #4)
  • Eena, The Tempter's Snare (The Harrowbethian Saga #5)
  • Eena, The Companionship of the Dragon's Soul (The Harrowbethian Saga #6)
Dandelions: The Disappearance of Annabelle Fancher Eena, The Return of a Queen (The Harrowbethian Saga #2) Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year Eena, The Curse of Wanyaka Cave (The Harrowbethian Saga #3) Eena, The Two Sisters (The Harrowbethian Saga #4)

“Life is a valuable and unique opportunity
to discover who you are.
But it seems as soon as you near
answering that age-old question,
something unexpected always happens
to alter your course.
And who it is you thought you were
suddenly changes.

Then comes the frustrating realization
that no matter how long life endures,
no matter how many experiences
are muddled through in this existence,
you may never really be able
to answer the question…..

Who am I?

Because the answer, like the seasons,
constantly, subtly, inevitably changes.
And who it is you are today,
is not the same person you will be tomorrow.”
27 likes
“I understand that it was Derian who spoiled everything; he purposefully tainted your view of me and forced you to follow him. I know that none of what happened was your idea or your desire, Eena.”

She didn’t get up, but spoke from her curled position. Her voice was weak, still heavy with despair. “Derian never forced me to do anything.”

“But if he hadn’t influenced you, we would be enjoying a pleasant dinner again, telling stories and laughing. I’m sure that would be the case. You would be happy……and so would I.”

Eena chuckled without amusement.

“You have to admit we shared some very enjoyable evenings, didn’t we? There’s really no reason why we can’t put this whole mess behind us and start from where we left off.” He sounded genuinely serious.

“You forget,” she reminded him, “I heard your conversation with the Ghengats. This isn’t about Derian, it’s about you.”

“Alright,” he admitted, “so I’m not everything you’d hoped for. But really, what man can ever live up to any woman’s terribly high expectations?”

This got her attention. She almost stood up to face him, but decided it wasn’t worth the effort. Leaning forward, she retorted, “Expecting a man to respect you, to be honest with you, and, oh yes, to not be a shameless murderer—I don’t think those are overly high expectations!”

He shrugged, casually excusing his faults. “Nobody’s perfect.”

“What do you want?” she asked, exasperated.

He squatted to her level and then plainly stated his desire. “I want you.

Eena thought the expression on his face—the look in his weary blue eyes—appeared strangely sincere. But there was one thing she had learned from all this: never trust a master of deceit.”
10 likes