Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In

Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In (Zombie Bedtime Stories #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Haley, a junior paramedic, and her partner Frank respond to a call near her old high school. While on the scene, she is viciously attacked by her friend, a local homeless man.

After being sent home, strange symptoms and changes begin to appear. Will she be able to save herself, or will this transformation into a zombie make her helpless to save the lives of those she loves...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Thea Isis Gregory, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Bedtime Stories

Red Tash
I never thought I would say something like this, but if I were to be turned into a zombie and suddenly start snacking my way through my loved ones, I imagine this is exactly how I would feel, and how it would go! AWFULLY good! Wonderfully bad! Great work by Thea Isis Gregory. Looking forward to reading more from this talented writer.
Leonard White
This short story offers a fairly typical zombie apocalypse setting and begins at the first signs of infection. The main character is a new paramedic who then suffers through the disease. The story describes the onset of symptoms through to the death of the character in detail.

The beginning of the story did a pretty good job of grabbing your attention with an ambulance ride and a physical struggle. However, I didn’t feel the description of the diseases onset moved the story along with the same sp...more
Heather Faville
Locked In by Thea Isis is the first in a series of Zombie Bedtime Stories and it is an excellent beginning. I received copies of the first 2 entries of the Zombie Bedtime Stories and opened Locked In merely to take a look to verify that the file had transferred properly. Soon I was swept away into the world of chaos and carnage from the viewpoint of Haley who is living it. To say that the author can paint a picture and make it come to life is an understatement. I felt the pain and anguish that H...more
Hunger For Knowledge
Ah, zombies. It has been awhile since I read anything with a zombie in it as I've been fully satisfied with my weekly The Walking Dead treat. Yes, Daryl Dixon really is the sexiest redneck out there. I would, I so would.

This was a nice, well written short story about a woman and her short experience as being a zombie. I would not mind to read a full length story about a zombie who has complete mind awareness without the ability to control any part of the body or the need for a flesh. I think it...more
James Wymore
This is the best zombie story I've read in ages, no question. By following the character through the process of becoming a zombie, Gregory has taken a worn down stereotype and breathed new life into it. Pun intended. Bringing a fresh perspective to a decaying trope, this series is must-read for anybody who wants to jump start a new appreciation for horror.
James
What a surprise! I downloaded this short story with no expectations. I was immediately sucked into a standard zombie outbreak set 20 years from now.
The Straight forward writing just puts you THERE.
I could understand each character and the point of view was consistent throughout. I CARED what happened to the protagonist. Bravo
Manda
This was one of the more unique takes on the zombie genre that I have read, and I enjoyed it enough to wish it was longer than it is.

It is well written and kept my attention the whole way through, which is a lot more than I can say for other offerings in this category!
Great, short zombie story. It was a free download and it kept me interested. With a look if you like gory zombie stories. I'd read more from this author.
Steven Simpson
Steven Simpson marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Nikki Vanderhoof
Nikki Vanderhoof marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
I'm Booked
I'm Booked marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
T.
T. marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Ansi
Ansi marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Chris Zacchia
Chris Zacchia marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Netanella
Netanella marked it as to-read
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Thea Gregory is a farm girl from English Western Quebec, a total nerd, and she loves science fiction, zombies and physics. Between marathon cooking sessions, her clerktastic day job, and part-time studies, she manages to find time to write.
More about Thea Isis Gregory...
The Zombie's Bride The ABACUS Protocol: Sanity Vacuum Locked Out (Zombie Bedtime Stories, #2) Deadlocked (Zombie Bedtime Stories, #3) Zombie Pride