Start by marking “Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In” as Want to Read:
Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In

Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In (Zombie Bedtime Stories #1)

Haley, a junior paramedic, and her partner Frank respond to a call near her old high school. While on the scene, she is viciously attacked by her friend, a local homeless man.

After being sent home, strange symptoms and changes begin to appear. Will she be able to save herself, or will this transformation into a zombie make her helpless to save the lives of those she loves
Nook, 20 pages
Published July 1st 2011 by Thea Isis Gregory, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Bedtime Stories

Red Tash
Jul 16, 2012 Red Tash rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie, horror
I never thought I would say something like this, but if I were to be turned into a zombie and suddenly start snacking my way through my loved ones, I imagine this is exactly how I would feel, and how it would go! AWFULLY good! Wonderfully bad! Great work by Thea Isis Gregory. Looking forward to reading more from this talented writer.
Leonard White
Mar 23, 2012 Leonard White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story offers a fairly typical zombie apocalypse setting and begins at the first signs of infection. The main character is a new paramedic who then suffers through the disease. The story describes the onset of symptoms through to the death of the character in detail.

The beginning of the story did a pretty good job of grabbing your attention with an ambulance ride and a physical struggle. However, I didn’t feel the description of the diseases onset moved the story along with the same sp
Heather Faville
Oct 20, 2011 Heather Faville rated it it was amazing
Locked In by Thea Isis is the first in a series of Zombie Bedtime Stories and it is an excellent beginning. I received copies of the first 2 entries of the Zombie Bedtime Stories and opened Locked In merely to take a look to verify that the file had transferred properly. Soon I was swept away into the world of chaos and carnage from the viewpoint of Haley who is living it. To say that the author can paint a picture and make it come to life is an understatement. I felt the pain and anguish that H ...more
James Wymore
Jul 01, 2013 James Wymore rated it it was amazing
This is the best zombie story I've read in ages, no question. By following the character through the process of becoming a zombie, Gregory has taken a worn down stereotype and breathed new life into it. Pun intended. Bringing a fresh perspective to a decaying trope, this series is must-read for anybody who wants to jump start a new appreciation for horror.
James
Aug 30, 2013 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a surprise! I downloaded this short story with no expectations. I was immediately sucked into a standard zombie outbreak set 20 years from now.
The Straight forward writing just puts you THERE.
I could understand each character and the point of view was consistent throughout. I CARED what happened to the protagonist. Bravo
Manda
Apr 26, 2012 Manda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the more unique takes on the zombie genre that I have read, and I enjoyed it enough to wish it was longer than it is.

It is well written and kept my attention the whole way through, which is a lot more than I can say for other offerings in this category!
Sarah Tilsley
Great, short zombie story. It was a free download and it kept me interested. With a look if you like gory zombie stories. I'd read more from this author.
Tammy G.Beard
Tammy G.Beard rated it liked it
Kim Cutshaw
Kim Cutshaw rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Rick Gualtieri
Rick Gualtieri rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Jammies
Jammies rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Teresa Hazel
Teresa Hazel rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Morgan Garcia
Morgan Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Jan Ostler
Jan Ostler rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
Tara Bree
Tara Bree rated it really liked it
May 28, 2012
Shana Hammaker
Shana Hammaker rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Michael Mcparland
Michael Mcparland rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2012
John Clements
John Clements rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2011
Jeff Thompson Jr
Jeff Thompson Jr rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Erin Ducharme
Erin Ducharme rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Glynn James
Glynn James rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Rick Gualtieri
Rick Gualtieri rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2014
Thea Gregory is a farm girl from English Western Quebec, a total nerd, and she loves science fiction, zombies and physics. Between marathon cooking sessions, her clerktastic day job, and part-time studies, she manages to find time to write.
More about Thea Isis Gregory...

Zombie Bedtime Stories (3 books)
  • Locked Out (Zombie Bedtime Stories, #2)
  • Deadlocked (Zombie Bedtime Stories, #3)