Start by marking “Paganini kontrakten” as Want to Read:
Paganini kontrakten

Paganini kontrakten (Joona Linna #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  9,130 Ratings  ·  769 Reviews
Der er mennesker, du ville ønske, du aldrig havde mødt. For din største drøm kan blive dit værste mareridt. Og visse kontrakter kan ikke brydes. Ikke engang med din egen død?

En smuk sommerdag findes en ung kvinde død, druknet i brakvand, om bord på en sejlbåd drivende i Stockholms skærgård. Senere samme dag findes en mand hængt i sin herskabslejlighed på Östermalm. Det lig
Published 2010 by Gyldendals Bogklubber

To ask other readers questions about Paganini kontrakten, please sign up.

Maurício I readed this book without read the The Hypnotist first, and had no problem. The book have start, middle and end.

Lalaluya
Jul 03, 2013 Lalaluya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a message regarding Stef's review, which sadly is the first review and has five likes. Firstly, Penelope (the girl in the first 21, not 30, pages) is not the protagonist, that point of view was merely to give an insight on the character, character depth if you will. If Stef had continued reading she would've realised that Joona Linna was the actual protagonist. Secondly it is quite disparaging how she gives it one star because of merely twenty one pages in comparison to the whole book, a ...more
Lisa
Apr 09, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
This was my first read of Lars Kepler the husband & wife team set in Sweden i enjoyed it at the beginning but toward the end was a little drawn out had unnecessary dialogue which could have been settled in half the book, but that is just my opinion.

I enjoyed the character of Joona Linna thought he was strong & did his job well i have the Hypnotist on my kindle just hope that one is not as dragged out at this one was.
Carol
Aug 26, 2012 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This 500 page book could have been at least 200 pages shorter. The main story about people involved in arms deals, was surrounded by several unnecessary side stories. I enjoyed the previous Lars Keplar book, The Hypnotist. This one was difficult to get into and a disappointment.
Stef
Feb 24, 2011 Stef rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one. Stay away. Stay far, far away.
I made it approximately thirty pages into this one, and I just... can't. I can't read any more.

The whole thing reads like a mediocre self-insert fanfiction, and the protagonist is the most hateful one I've ever come across; the first chapter describes a televised debate between a peace activist and a weapons manufacturer, with the manufacturer pwning the activist quite severely, and I was really amused until horrendous realization began to dawn and I understood exactly which one of the two was t
Vaso
Aug 24, 2016 Vaso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Πάει καιρός από όταν διάβασα τον Υπνωτιστή και είχα σχεδόν ξεχάσει τη γραφή του Lars Kepler. Το συμβόλαιο του Παγκανίνι, ξεκινάει γρήγορα, με αρκετούς εμπλεκόμενους, είτε πρόσωπα είτε δολοφονίες, που σε κρατά σε εγρήγορση καθόλη τη διάρκεια της ανάγνωσης. Από τη στιγμή που ανακαλύπτεται το πτώμα της Βιόλας, μαθαίνουμε για την αυτοκτονία του Παλμκρόνα κ στη συνέχεια παρακολουθούμε με κομμένη την ανάσα,την προσπάθεια της Πενέλοπε να αποφύγει το διώκτη της κ να παραμείνει ζωντανή. Νέα πρόσωπα, φαιν ...more
Oct 15, 2012 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
MUCH better than the first book! The plot was linear and cohesive; you felt like you were in the same story from the beginning to end. The addition of Saga Bauer is a great character, and there were some open-ended things (like did Peter not re-load the gun on purpose?)that left you hanging and wondering about the balance of things at the end of the book. The chapters are short and tight and this is a good thriller.

The downside for me is still that Joona Linna isn't that interesting a character.
Tereeeza
Jsem na rozpacích, už u Hypnotizéra jsem byla.. Autoři píší čtivě, to bez debat, za mě ale nějak pokulhává děj a to se snažím nesrovnávat s ostatním severem. Joona Linna je sympaťák, mám pro tyhle detektivy nějak slabost, jen mě v prvním díle zklamalo, kam se ubíral děj a tady mě celkově nějak nevtáhnul a do dalších dílů mě láká hlavně ta detektivova linka, o čem se to tam na konci mluvilo a o čem poměrně často dumal.
Ale jako odpočinková četba to svůj účel splňuje, jen čekám, že mě to víc odzbro
Sofia .
Apr 13, 2016 Sofia . rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estante-lidos
Uma vez mais, adorei a mestria com que Lars Kepler nos prende a um enredo um tanto macabro. Mas em alguns momentos senti que a história se alongava demasiado, apesar de perceber que tudo o que li era necessário para chegar ao final. Um final fraquito, por sinal. Não sei bem como, mas esperava mais desta dupla.

Christa
Aug 28, 2012 Christa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No where near as good as The Hypnotist. Disappointing. :(
Richard
Nov 29, 2014 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is the second book in a developing series based around hard hitting cop Joona Linna. Basically it is one long thrilling experience from the first page. Reminiscent of a James Bond movie this is a novel on a really large scale with not a page wasted as this writing duo take you on a journey of threat, brutal chases and hand to hand conflict. It has action throughout balanced by involved characterisation. It is a mystery you will enjoy reading and a story that will captivate you based around ...more
Toni Osborne
May 13, 2013 Toni Osborne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2, in the Detective Inspector Joona Linna series

This is another nail-biting mystery with chase after chase and tense situation that keeps coming at every pages or so. This second complex installment looks into two bizarre deaths, one being of Carl Palmcrona, the general director of the National inspectorate of Strategic Products overseeing military exports found hanged at his home and the other of Penelope Fernandez found dead on a drifting boat.

And voilà, Linna detective extraordinaire is
Tempo de Ler
Depois de ler O Hipnotista, O Executor entrou imediatamente na minha lista de livros a ler! Continuamos a acompanhar o comissário da polícia Joona Linna nas suas investigações, desta vez, depois de uma abertura cheia de suspense não só com um homicídio mas também com um misterioso suicídio.

Joona Linna vê-se então numa luta contra o tempo para encontrar a militante pacifista Penélope, perseguida por um assassino profissional muito hábil, minucioso e metódico quando percebe que o problema é, na r
Monika Zbínová
Aug 01, 2015 Monika Zbínová rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mne ten Joona Lina skrátka nesedí. Dala som 4 hviezdy, ale za celkový dojem, bavilo ma to čítať. Detektívne série založené na hlavnej postave poznám ale aj lepšie. Okolo Keplera je skrátka „veľa kriku pre nič“.
Dwanna
I passed on reading the first book in this series when it appeared because there was a large pair of bloody scissors on the cover. Even though this one features a knife, I decided to plunge in. The detective, Joona Linna, a Finn living in Sweden (and male) is a fun character.

Reviews of this book describe is as "noir" and I suppose it is a bit. As of now, I have gone back to read "The Hypnotist", scissors and all, as well as the third book in the series, "The Fire Witness". (Bloody hammer on the
Debbie
Jul 13, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! I loved it every bit as much as The Hypnotist, and now I completely understand why it was on the Good Reads "Best of 2011" list.

Lars Kepler does a fantastic job of weaving an intricate web of suspense, intrigue, danger, and precarious circumstances to make even the most casual reader want to sit down and read this book in one sitting.

Every one of the characters is fully fleshed out, and the book reads like a miniseries would look. You see them, walk with them, and can use all
Neide Parafitas
Neste segundo livro da dupla Lars Kepler são-nos apresentados logo no início da trama dois homicídios: Um de uma mulher que aparece morta numa embarcação e que apesar de ter o corpo seco, tem os pulmões cheios de água; e outro de um director-geral de Armamento e Infraestruturas de Defesa da Suécia em que o enforcamento parece ter sido a causa da sua morte.

A questão que se coloca é se estas mortes estarão relacionadas! A polícia não crê que possa haver qualquer relação entre elas, contudo isso nã
Amy Rhodes
May 24, 2012 Amy Rhodes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This new one by the author of The Hypnotist features the same detectives but I confess that while I remember liking The Hypnotist a lot, the characters did not stick in my mind. They might now as they are very well-developed here, and likeable. This is a big fat thriller with a complicated plot that holds together impressively, with many interconnected characters that are all sufficiently well-developed that you don't mix them up---not a small accomplishment! The more I think about the intricate ...more
Lucie
May 23, 2016 Lucie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch war wieder einmal so genial!
Marlene
Mar 25, 2012 Marlene rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I welcomed the authors' effort to try to capture the dark side of Swedish arms trade. Sadly I was distracted by all of the misinformation throughout the book. With all of the information out there on Darfur, it was disappointing that the bits on Sudan were poorly researched. I would have preferred if the authors had instead used a fictitious country. The misinformation was so distracting that I had difficulty enjoying the book.
Magda Pais
Mar 09, 2016 Magda Pais rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2016
As minhas expectativas estavam bastante elevadas. O primeiro livro que li desta dupla de escritores (confesso, descobri que era uma dupla de escritores apenas a semana passada...) foi O Hipnotista, livro lido em 2012 e do qual gostei imenso. Creio que, por isso, quando comecei a leitura d'o Executor, esperava mais. Ou talvez o problema tenha sido a forma como o livro está escrito (ou traduzido?) e não a história em si. Aliás, a esse propósito, comentei com alguém que este livro me deixada com mi ...more
Rowena Hoseason
Dec 20, 2014 Rowena Hoseason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Nightmare:

This is a skilful Scandinavian police procedural, which deftly weaves personal peril with concerns of global significance and features a credible and interesting central detective. It's very much in the tradition of the best Wallander or Martin Beck mysteries, using what starts as a small investigation to shine a light on a much bigger picture.

The result is a long, complex and rewarding novel which I enjoyed far more than the author's previous book, The Hypnotist, and which you do
Mariana
Apr 22, 2015 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of good thrillers; Book addicts looking for a stunning fix
4 stars

Lars Kepler team, you have my loyalty.

photo toasttoyou_zps20ad0277.gif

Even though this book wasn't as creepy as "The Hypnotist", it still managed to get me hooked in the exact same way.

Kepler writes in an enticing manner that stimulates the reader's intelligence. Instead of explaining everything plain and simple, the writer is enigmatic, forcing the reader to come up with his own deduction of the situation. For instance, Kepler doesn't explicitly state the nature of Joona's relationship with Disa, nor does he offer an
Alexis
Jun 24, 2015 Alexis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-finished
I hate to review books I didn't actually finish. Unfortunately, I gave up after 150 pages, because I gave up hope of getting into it. The writing (or possibly the translation) is very awkward--for some reason, the use of the present tense with a 3rd person omniscient point of view kept grating in a way I can't quite describe. After 150 pages of a thriller, I should feel like I've gotten some kind of mystery to get my teeth into. Instead, I'm treated to 3 page chapters that don't add up to anythi ...more
Frane
Jun 29, 2016 Frane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Izvanredna knjiga koju svakako preporučam. Samoubojstvo, 2 ubojstva, profesionalni ubojica, sumanuto bježanje, suludi likovi, policijsko tapkanje u mjestu, nevjeroajtan preokret u istrazi, suludi poduzetnik/kriminalac...sve to ima ova knjiga. Kako se radnja bliži kraju, poglavlja postaju sve kraća i kraća i sve ih se napetije čita. Meni je ovo fantastična knjiga, fenomenalno nešto.
Paola
Mar 18, 2015 Paola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gialli
Ottimo giallo nordico, buona storia, orchestrazione, ritmo, configurazione dei personaggi. Se si vuole mandare un po' il cervello in vacanza ma in maniera intelligente.
Jasmin Helwig
Apr 10, 2016 Jasmin Helwig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, krimis
Ich kann immer noch nicht glauben wie spannend die Bücher von Lars Kepler sind! Sensationell gut! Der nächste Band ist schon bestellt!
Elin
I purely enjoy the Kepler books. This is the second one about the policeman Joona Linna and I wasn't sure I'd like it as much as the first one. But I have to say this one, The Nightmare, was better.

There are some flaws in the story, but by some reason I can't explain, they don't bother me that much. Like some moth eaten parts of a good cardigan. I'd still wear it.

I wish I could give this book 3 1/5 stars but I can't. It's a good thrill and with plenty of twists and turns. Works as an audio book
Rita
Sep 18, 2014 Rita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Depois de ter gostado bastante do Hipnotista, as minhas expectativas em relação a este segundo livro eram bastante altas.
Não foi uma completa desilusão mas não consigo dar-lhe mais do que 2,5*
Embora utilize a fórmula de sucesso de capítulos curtos, o livro é lento, com partes demasiado densas e exaustivas, parece que andamos às voltas sem nunca chegar ao destino.
  • Summer Death
  • Pierced (Henning Juul, #2)
  • The Black Path (Rebecka Martinsson, #3)
  • Dark Secrets (Sebastian Bergman, #1)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • Blessed Are Those Who Thirst (Hanne Wilhelmsen #2)
  • Blodläge
  • Flickan med snö i håret (Hagfors, #1)
  • Hour of the Wolf (Inspector Van Veeteren #7)
  • Dregs (William Wisting #6)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Flaskepost fra P (Afdeling Q, #3)
  • Bad Blood (Intercrime, #2)
Lars Kepler is a pseudonym used by Swedish writer couple Alexander Ahndoril and Alexandra Coelho Ahndoril. Both previously published authors, together they have written five crime novels so far, all concerning the investigations of police inspector Joona Linna.

More about Lars Kepler...

Joona Linna (5 books)
  • The Hypnotist (Joona Linna, #1)
  • Eldvittnet (Joona Linna, #3)
  • Sandmannen (Joona Linna, #4)
  • Stalker (Joona Linna, #5)