Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren, #5)

Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren #5)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  9 reviews
With the top secret investigation of Queen Nefertiti's murder in full gallop, Lord Meren is suddenly called away to investigate the bizarre death of Pharaoh Tutankhamen's favorite groom.
Published June 1st 2001 by Mysterious Press (first published June 1st 1998)

Doris
This story promised to solve the mystery behind the death of the most beautiful woman in Egypt, Queen Nefertiti. To do this, Lord Meren has to search in some unlikely places, and is able to identify those who might have committed a heinous crime, murder of a beloved ruler. His search puts his family in danger, and several people are killed, making the idea that Nefertiti's death was murder more likely.

Overall a good read, although I was thrown off by the back and forth between times, as the view...more
Marfita
Holly Lindquist
This book should be where the Lord Meren series takes off, because this is where he starts getting very close to finding out who killed Nefertiti. The murder mystery of Nefertiti has been an underlying plot weaving through all the books, percolating in the background during Meren's various other investigations. The young pharaoh Tutankhamen is especially driven to figure out what happened to her, as she was like a mother to him. The emotional stakes are high, the suspense has been building throu...more
Helen
A complex mystery in which the past impacts the present, and both are placed in the far distant past of ancient Egypt. The chapters alternate between the events of Queen Nefertiti's life and Lord Meren's investigation into her death. The switches are seamless, and the historical perspective is made vivid and engrossing due to the reader being immersed in the life and thoughts of the queen.

The adventure is truly dangerous for Meren and his family since someone is determined to convince the phara...more
Annie
Most of the book was 3-4 stars. My rating jumped because I hate murder/mysteries that never verify who the murderer is. It was also a little low because it took me awhile to get used to the time jump (every other chapter is a different time period).
Katie
Good book. I found it really interesting and captivating. I actually read this without reading the first book in the series but I still found my way along just fine and am going to read more books by this author.
Sandy Guest
I am going through the entire Lord Meren series and have enjoyed it a lot. I think there is one more to this series - he still has to find the killer of Nefertiti!
Xarah
This is the 5th book in the Lord Meren series.
Alison
Jun 11, 2009 Alison marked it as to-read
#5
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
ApettaVale
ApettaVale marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Sarah Sayre
Sarah Sayre marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Yasameen Ebrahimi
Yasameen Ebrahimi marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Carl Ingebretsen
Carl Ingebretsen marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
David Bell
David Bell marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lynda Suzanne Robinson (b. July 6, 1951 in Amarillo, Texas) is an American writer, author of romance (under the name Suzanne Robinson) and mystery novels (under the name Lynda S. Robinson). She is best known for her series of historical whodunnits set in Ancient Egypt during the reign of Tutankhamun and featuring Lord Meren, "the Eyes and Ears of Pharaoh." She lives in Texas with her husband and h...more
More about Lynda S. Robinson...
Murder in the Place of Anubis (Lord Meren, #1) Murder at the God's Gate (Lord Meren, #2) Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3) Eater of Souls (Lord Meren, #4) Slayer of Gods (Lord Meren, #6)