Start by marking “Two Feet Off the Ground” as Want to Read:
Two Feet Off the Ground

Two Feet Off the Ground

Lauren Woods is crazy about Paula McKenna. Paula's sexy, adventurous and the hero to Lauren’s twelve-year-old son, Owen. The two women are deeply attracted to each other, but there's one big problem that's keeping their love grounded. Paula accepts a job offer across the country, and Lauren, with a debilitating fear of flying, a son deeply rooted to his friends and life in ...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Sunny Bee Books (first published April 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Two Feet Off the Ground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Feet Off the Ground

Kym Richardson
Apr 15, 2017 Kym Richardson rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesbian, has-kids
1.5 Stars. Usually I like Suzie Carr's work but I couldn't stand the main character Lauren. If she wasn't throwing a tantrum like a child every other page then she was lying to try and impress the woman she was falling in love with or being extremely selfish. I would have rather read from Paula's POV than Lauren's. The only good thing in the book was how the author portrayed what living with anxiety is like and how it really affects a persons way of life.
Michelle
Dec 29, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

A great book that's not all about coming out. The characters in this book are already out, living their lives! A very funny book with serious moments as well! I found myself thinking about what was happening and what might happen while I was at work and couldn't read! Highly recommended!
Lara Estes
Nov 10, 2014 Lara Estes rated it it was amazing
wow Suzie Carr never seems to disappoint. A story about one women facing her fears, finding true love and old friendships. I laughed, I fell in love and I cried. But this romance did something i wasn't really looking for. I started to look at my own fears and what I had mssed out on in my life. A great read that you will love and reread. often.
Jedi Sheriff
Jul 13, 2014 Jedi Sheriff rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, totally took me by suprise as I have to be honest, I'm a bit of a fan of the more 'butch' protagonist. However, I totally fell in love with these characters. Having insecurities myself made me really appreciate certain angles within this book. Great story , great writer....now on to 'inner secrets'.
Trish
Oct 21, 2011 Trish rated it it was amazing
I read this book because a friend of mine said that it was one of the best love stories she had read in a long time. I couldn't agree more. It's a FUNNY read, too. Carr absolutely nailed it again. I love her three books. Definitely a great story with a universal message!!
Lesbian Reader
May 08, 2012 Lesbian Reader rated it it was amazing
Great book. Laugh out loud funny in parts with very endearing characters.
Carly
Feb 15, 2017 Carly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
I absolutely love this book, re-reading it for the second time to discover I'd not reviewed it. The main character Lauren really made me laugh, even with little things such as closing down her son's game on the computer to reply to Paula's email tickled me. Yes I think Lauren can be a big whiney at times but I found her to learn and develop from this also, after all don't we initially have a little whine to ourselves before getting a grip on reality. I could feel the attraction between Lauren an ...more
Aug 06, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Danielle
Aug 18, 2011 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Didnt read the detail about this book and it being about two woman in love.This book had a good ending to it though.
Betzaida Martinez
May 15, 2014 Betzaida Martinez rated it really liked it
Amazing book. I want to read it again. Couldn't put it down.
Heather Henkel
May 12, 2016 Heather Henkel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice story

I can't imagine having panic or anxiety attacks so this was an interesting read for me to see another perspective.
Debbie Breytenbach
Jan 03, 2016 Debbie Breytenbach rated it liked it
Entertaining, good storyline but a bit longwinded, slightly irritating lead characters with a lot of unhealthy self-doubt - but still an enjoyable read.
Martine
Martine rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Heinerway
Heinerway rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
bluntpencil
bluntpencil rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Kim Warren
Kim Warren rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2015
Fanny M
Fanny M rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
mandy taffinder
mandy taffinder rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Sheebe Q
Sheebe Q rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Ivanka K.
Ivanka K. rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Ferah
Ferah rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Laura McLaughlin
Laura McLaughlin rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2017
Skip Maslan
Skip Maslan rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
CM Castillo
CM Castillo rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2017
Zoey Black
Zoey Black rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Kirstin
Kirstin rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Laura Rymer
Laura Rymer rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
  • Microstyle: The Art of Writing Little
  • Wild
  • I Murdered the PTA
  • Strangers
  • Constitution Cafe: Jefferson's Brew for a True Revolution: Jefferson's Brew for a True Revolution
  • 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids, The Ultimate Handbook
Suzie Carr is a contemporary novelist, philanthropist and avid blogger. When she's not writing, conducting hands-on research, exercising, or blending a green smoothie concoction, she's likely snuggling with her beloved white Boxer, Bumblebee.

Whether it’s writing fiction books about love and life, inspiring new authors, advocating for LGBT equality and animal welfare or blogging about community aw
More about Suzie Carr...