Start by marking “The Runner's Devotional: Inspiration and Motivation for Life's Journey . . . on and Off the Road” as Want to Read:

Ever wondered if there's a purpose to your running and what it has to do with your spiritual life? The Runner's Devotional will inspire you in your faith while encouraging you to excel at the sport you love! This book is for runners of all levels--casual and avid, competitive and recreational--who want to improve their running skills, attain personal running goals, and gro ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Runner's Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Runner's Devotional

Michelle Buck
Aug 04, 2016 Michelle Buck rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotionals
When I got this book, The Runner's Devotional by Dana Niesluchowski & David Veerman, I had every intention of using it alongside a running program. However, I had numerous health issues arise and was unable to run. I enjoy distance walking, however this book is really geared towards the runner as the title suggests.

I liked the personal stories in this book as well as the encouragement. I think the book could have been better if it was a daily devotional instead of once a week. Still, this bo
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Pump! Pump! Pump! The rush of blood surging through your veins; shortness of breath; dry tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth; sweat across your brow. The rush of it all! Determination to finish without stopping. Running, jumping, hurtling so fast, you feel for the second your feet leave the ground, you might race high enough to even touch the clouds. Sometimes I wonder if there’s a purpose to our running and if it has any tie to our spiritual lives. The Runner’s Devotional, written by father ...more
Tima
Sep 07, 2011 Tima rated it really liked it
I've just started running again so was very excited to get this book. The book is divided into 52 weeks. Each week has seven sections - Intro, the runner, the race, the result, my story, think it through and on running. Each section is to be read on one day of the week and then at the end is a small space to journal and a running log. The layout of the devotional is very impressive and put together well. I like the idea of mixing my running each week with a spiritual aspect.
My only complaint wou
Cheryl
Dec 14, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I have to admit right from the start that I am not a runner. I am a walker. I love to walk and do so on a regular basis. I didn’t think there was that much difference between running and walking (other than going faster) until I read this book.

Although not a runner I still benefited from and enjoyed reading this book. I can’t imagine a real runner not liking and receiving encouragement from The Runner’s Devotional.

Set up as a weekly devotional, it has 52 chapters, one for each week. The topics o
Molly
Sep 10, 2011 Molly rated it really liked it
A good gift for runners, from the wannabe to the enthusiast. Each weekly read gives you a good dose of inspiration from the Bible and motivation from fellow runners. Includes running tips, testimonies, a weekly running log, some basic training guides, and encouraging words featuring Scripture passages. Many feature Paul's writing, which I love, and very apt since Paul wrote about living the Christian life as a runner in a race.

As a devotional, it doesn't stand out much. I would've liked to have
Katie
Nov 30, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
fairly insightful devotional but sometimes stayed a bit superficial. I loved that it specifically connected running to faith
Chris Carter
Won this on a Goodreads giveaway.

Jerry Rehkemper
Oct 12, 2016 Jerry Rehkemper rated it liked it
Got a few tips to incorporate some spiritual thoughts while I run.
Sammy Keyes
Sammy Keyes rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Linda Snyder
Linda Snyder rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Joanne Webb
Joanne Webb rated it really liked it
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Jenice
Jenice rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2012
Leeann
Leeann rated it really liked it
Danielle Wood
Danielle Wood rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Nicki
Nicki rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
DeeAndra Begay
DeeAndra Begay rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Kim Yates
Kim Yates rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Pauline Creeden
Pauline Creeden rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Melissa Norwood
Melissa Norwood rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Andrew Demillo
Andrew Demillo rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2013
veronica m. swannigan
veronica m. swannigan rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Staci
Staci rated it it was amazing
Jason Doyal
Jason Doyal rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Sarawhite
Sarawhite rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2013